Rate this for me, couple of questions

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tai Sun, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Alright, so as you may or may not know there is a large difference between Australian and American bongs, mainly because of the laws i think. My friend bought a pretty neat bong for $50 AUD, hard to clean though, this is it Bongs N Things

He is willing to sell it to me for $20, which im most definately going to accept, awesome deal imo.

I was just wondering though what is the American all glass equivalent of this bong ? and is it good ?

Another thing, there are those seperate peices at the bottom of the page(in the link), could i use those and turn this bong all-glass ?

2. Anyone ? .....

3. Yes. They sell a GonG stem the same size as the Aussie bonza stems, so it air tight fits in the grommet and has a GonG fitting at the end.

On that note however, any stem with an 18.8 joint will perfectly air tight fit into the Australian grommets.

As for the piece you're buying, it's going to have RIDICULOUS drag! I don't know if anyone on these forums have seen or used these, but basically it's a huge dome perc with ONE hole in it. The piece is 2 pieces!!! 2 grommets air tight seal on the top and bottom of the oerc to make the bong into once piece.

I'd spend $20 on it just to have it I guess, but yeah... it's gonna suck.

There is no American equivelent, because this design is just beyond stupid.

Glass isn't different because of laws as far as I can tell, it's just because.... there's a big gaping market there waiting to be taken advantage of. Me and my friend are in the process. Hopefully glass blowing classes are in the next 1 - 2 years too.

4. Hey man, thanks for the reply :wave:

I have used it before at my mates house, and yeh it had massive drag, such a difference compared to my usual powerade bottle. Another thing is it gets massively blocked up with tar and shit, thats why hes selling it i guess.

But it dosnt matter since its only $20 and it will be my first official piece.Will buying any of those glass bowls/stems make it any better ? and if i did buy one would it fit into the ash catcher or something ?

Sorry about all the questions :rolleyes: Good to see your from the coast too, im from Newy :wave: