Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Happy Death Day - 6/10 - Wanted to watch this before its sequel comes out to go see with my bro, it was an alright movie. It is groundhogs day with murder, and that is about what you get. Just not as funny as groundhogs day obviously

2. Lego Movie 2: 7/10 Fun Lego movie just like the first one, a lot of dumb jokes and an entertaining watch

3. The Upside - 7.5/10, some great laughs

4. #17564 Vee, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019

I had trouble understanding the NY accent, pity!
    but the story wasn't as predicable as I thought the music brilliant

score: 9/10

(ed)...And then got 'Movie of the Year' at the Oscars .....lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Death Proof 10/10 Lol never expected Kurt Russel to catch such a vicious beatdown at the end of the movie when I first saw this. Still one of my favorite movies tho!

~Toni~

6. First Man, Apollo 11 Moon Landing.
    images (1).jpeg

I dont usally yawn but by the end of it i was. More of an emotional journey rather than an action one. There was no science behind any of the scenes & way to much silence. 5 out of 10.

7. Anybody want to rate "Ghostbusters 3" in advance. Im looking really forward to it, please take me back home to the 80's..

8. 2 Guns 10/10 I am a fan of Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington and this movie was pretty cool imo!

~Toni~

9. #17569 Dizzy, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Planet Terror 6/10 IMO there was some parts that were a little to gross to watch but it was an ok movie and the ending was sad tho ( except for the baby)

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silence of the lambs. 9/10 Way better than I remembered it being

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Fighting with my Family - 8/10 Really good movie that I wasn't really expecting much out of, never was really into WWF/WWE when I was younger, mainly because my dad hated it so couldn't have it on in the house, but even not being a huge fan I loved the movie. I imagine for a big fan they would like it even more, or possibly less because they probably changed some things for the movie (like they do for most "true story" movies) Definitely a good watch though

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I saw a film called “The Lords of Chaos” based on the legendary black metal band Mayhem (all my fellow metalheads will know them).

The film itself, strayed far away from reality (as it’s mostly based on real events) by adding loads of pointless sex scenes for example and completely “americanizing” the characters on top of other things. Obviously this was done primarily to appeal to a non-metalhead audience.

The acting wasn’t bad however, and the actual events that happened were portrayed well. Not great, but ok 6/10

13. #17573 Vee, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019

A young woman disenchanted with love mysteriously finds herself trapped inside a romantic comedy.

...Natalie's Mom: They'll never make a movie about girls like us, and you know why?
    Because it would be so sad that they'd have to sprinkle Prozac on the popcorn
    or people would kill themselves.

So very True and more so with this 'Male Cringer" (I made that up) to define this
    and any movie that goes outta its way to make male viewers Vomit

Whitney: Tough, but fair.

Natalie: Just like my leg hair.

Blake: You are beguiling.

Natalie: Did you just learn that word, cause you tend to say it a lot.

Blake: If you want me to stop saying it, I will. But you're gonna have to stop being so damn beguiling!

Natalie: Someone's really cleaned up the street. Wedding dresses... those weren't there before. And who put these flowers everywhere?

[sneezes]

Blake: Ooh! Bless you!

Natalie: [sneezes]

Blake: Oh! Doubles! Double blessings.

Natalie: [sneezes]

Blake: Ooh! Three times! That's lucky!

Natalie: Ugh. I'm allergic.

[writing numbers on individual flower pedals]

Blake: If you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to give me a call on my cellular telephone device. Here ya go. That's my number!

Natalie: That's very charming. But you do realize there's like... 3.6 million permutations of how this can go together?

Blake: But there's only one you, so...

Natalie: Right... that doesn't really make sense.

Blake: Neither does the way I'm feeling about you right now.

Natalie: Uh right, that still doesn't change the math though. Just to be clear, I cannot call you.

Blake: Are you feeling what I'm feeling?

Natalie: NO!

Rebel Wilson Fans Only

Stoner Value 3/10

14. serenity absolute garbage it is 1 confusing muddled up film 1/10 very poor indeed

15. Free solo
    Rock climbing documentary about alex honnold soloing el capitan 9/10
    Kept me on edge but main characters gaze is eerily empty through out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Dude! its got Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, ..and the story flows:
    Baker Dill (Matthew McConaughey) is a fishing boat captain leading tours off a tranquil, tropical enclave called Plymouth Island. His quiet life is shattered, however, when his ex-wife Karen (Anne Hathaway) tracks him down with a desperate plea for help. She begs Dill to save her - and their young son - from her new, violent husband (Jason Clarke) by taking him out to sea on a fishing excursion, only to throw him to the sharks and leave him for dead. Karen's appearance thrusts Dill back into a life he'd tried to forget, and as he struggles between right and wrong, his world is plunged into a new reality that may not be all that it seems.
    We got it booked for tonight...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. good luck with understanding it fully :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ive got a 10/10 one to watch and will have you crying with laugher sausage party :D

19. @vos
    @vostok did you like it :)

20. Bummer: Steven Knight (uk) Director and Writer of this and many other films bummed out on this as Pro, says
    the heavy hitting overconfident Matthew McConaughey stole so much camera it was Boring even depressing in parts far more suitable to a Mel Gibson crazy type than this guy

It started out as a resonable drama with many turns and twists but fails to climax due to a script change at a crucial part of the movie...like their was too many writers that could not make up their minds, leaving the high end actors almost flubbing it out. I was gonna say @Dizzy may like it being an island drama?

Stoner Value 5/10 low considering the cash involved ..cheers/ Pro

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1