Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Rewatched Rainman after what ...30 years. Mainly because my wife who had never seen it obliged.
    8/10 Cruise plays the spiteful brother very well. The 2h 13m could have been cut to even less than 2h though.

2. Finally watched The Fast and Furious (the original from 2001). Every bit as corny, cringe, early 2000s, inaccurate, made by people who don't know shit about cars or making movies as I expected. But I found it pretty hilarious too a lot of the time, the way it takes itself seriously yet is borderline a parody of itself. And it wasn't as bad as I thought. Despite everything I said I still enjoyed it overall. If you take it for the goofy mess it is it's a fun movie so I'd give it a 6/10.

3. "The First Purge" 3/10
    Holy shit this was a really stupid movie. Just like the rest of them. If your gonna do shit that would never happen make it believable at least and not so corny.

MPM

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Glass - 7/10 - Overall the movie was entertaining and a good continuation from Unbreakable and Split, but the ending felt rushed and just like they needed to throw something in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Holmes & Watson - it was pretty awful I must say, I was generally surprised as I liked "Stepbrothers" a lot. 3.5/10

The movie I watched before that was "The Orphan", it was actually a refreshing take on the horror genre. 7/10

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. what happen to monday - lemme summarize it for the ppl who haven't heard of it. so in a future society you can only have one child, one dude's wife has quintuplets(7), and the wife dies. so he has to find a way to raise 7 kids under the government's suspicion. so he names each daughter a day of the week, and that's their assigned day they go out, under the alias Karen Settman. and at the end of the day, they have a meeting and they go over what they did so that no one gets suspicious.

7/10, had me glued begginning to end, its on netflix if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 2
  7. A girl walks home alone at night
    5/10

The way this movie is rated you’d think it be really REALLY good. I appreciate the cinematics, but the story to me was lacking. At the end I looked at my boyfriend like are you serious and we started laughing. My hopes were pretty high, I liked it, right until the end.
    7493189A-132B-4357-8E86-E1A324233B9F.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1

8. What is it about?

~Toni~

9. Iranian vampire love story basically. You should watch and see if you have the same opinion as me lol. So disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dang, I was hoping to read a higher review than that. Trying to decide if it's worth going to the theater for (family man so hard to do sometimes). Streaming at home in a couple months it is...

11. Yeah I am glad I have AMC A list, it makes me see so much more in theaters than I would if I was actually paying for each ticket individually. The ticket for Glass would have cost me like $17 in Dolby when I am paying $21 for the entire month to see up to 12 movies

• Like Like x 1
  12. glass - 6/10

really strong beginning. really bad 2nd half. they also showed alot of the best moments in the trailer, i think im going to stop watching trailers because of this

13. Event Horizon - 6/10 horror movie, scary scenes, scary movie, coulda done a lot more with it though

14. Free Solo - 9/10 - Documentary of a guy free soloing (climbing with no ropes or harnesses) El Capitan in Yosemite. Shit was intense.

15. Saved! 8/10

Girl tries to save her gay boyfriend's soul by having sex with him. Gets pregnant. Her former friends try to save her "possessed" soul in a manner of ways that make the movie quirky and fun.

16. Fallen

9/10. It's interesting and I understand it differently. I guess I grew up

17. They Shall Not Grow Old - 7/10 - I'll be honest, I don't know a huge amount about WWI, teachers never really focused on it in school because they would focus on WWII instead so this looked like a good opportunity to learn a little about the first world war. Peter Jackson did a great job with the footage, everything they worked on to colorize it and add a soundtrack really brought the film to life and made it interesting. Also a lot of shots of dead soldiers so if that kind of thing bothers you just a warning. If you see it in theaters, there is a 20-30 minute making of after the credits, definitely stay for it, makes the movie much better

18. Everly 10/10 I was not expecting much but this movie was wild!

~Toni~

19. The Upside 7/10 it was a good movie. Not a big fan of Kevin Hart but Brian Cranston killed it.

• Agree Agree x 1