Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Hollywood Producers have a very different value on Russia than what is in reality

movie after movie they portray Russia as back in the 1990's

same with Black people like in the 1970's, and the constant 'token' presents

or even portraying British as the constant standard 'bad guy;' as in many recent movies,

its a cliche that wears very thin, this assumes that the average middle class amercian

left school on his 13th birthday and no longer reads other than his facebook page ...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #17442 Dizzy, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018

Are you saying the Russian mob is not around anymore? :laughing:

~Toni~

3. It's almost universally true with any typecast group of people in Hollywood movies. It's lazy, boring, and unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John Frankenheimer's masterpiece, The Manchurian Candidate - 1962
    10/10
    This movie is a personal favorite. I've watched it countless times and it still sends a proper chill down my spine.
    Arguably the best political thriller ever made.
    The Manchurian Candidate 1962.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gerald's Game: Really different interesting concept, just not fully executed right. 6/10.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I thought they did a good job of it. I didn't know it was a Stephen King book until afterwards but it makes sense now.

Just finished The Haunting of Hill House, would give it an 8/10. Was a little slow in some areas, some of the flashbacks were a bit excessive, awesome cinematography and set design.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cannot wait to watch "Venom"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mid 90s: 7/10 - Jonah Hill's first movie, good coming of age tale about a kid figuring out that life can be shitty but to roll with it, plenty of good 90s nostalgia in the movie and if you used to skate everyday with your friends the movie will definitely hit home. Good movie

• Like Like x 1

9. Audrey and Morgan are best friends who unwittingly become entangled in an international
    conspiracy when one of the women discovers the boyfriend who dumped her was actually a spy.

Cheap action gets in the way of great humor and is very annoying, poorly edited, and directed,
    and the dizzy nervousness of new actors is contagious, my babe laughed so much she thought she had more wrinkles ...lol, I lost the coin flip and got dragged into this one, payback for taking her to Halloween18 I suppose
    has done a lot better than the producers thought oh thats means Spy 2 is on the horizon

(warning: Russian nudity escaped the censor)

Score 7/10

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. We watch Jurassic Park last night lol still 10/10 after all this time. Sucks that Richard Attenborough is gone now tho!

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Atomic Blonde 6/10; Some fun fight scenes and Charlize Theron is hot as ever and she wears an impossible array of cute outfits. It more or less ended up being a one trick pony though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. #17452 Dizzy, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Knock Knock 8/10 this movie was wild I did not know what to expect when I first started watching but it was def worth it. Dem girls crazy .

~Toni~

13. I watch a lot of scary movies, finally got around to watching Hereditary last night and fuck. Almost scared me as much as Blair Witch. It was great 8/10

Now I’m watching Haunting of Hill House, and it’s such a good series so far, I have actual moments where I have to look away, which is rare for me. So far 9/10

Both these films start of slow, but end up being amazing.

09116CBB-49A0-4186-878A-BC7E03A83579.jpeg
    A42B63FD-7017-4097-986B-60EBC089DF39.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. My oldest daughter and I watch scary movies together and we just finished Hill House and shortly before we started that we watched Hereditary. I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone but damn, Hereditary had some hard to watch scenes! Was a great story, was a trip.

Hill House was pretty awesome too, kinda slow for me at times and I felt like they spent too much time on some things but it was pretty smartly put together and had some good acting and awesome sets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The ending of hereditary is NUTS.

And yea Hill House could of done some condensing, but still great writing.

Have you guys seen the autopsy of Jane doe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. No but it looks like it's got pretty good reviews. I'll have to stick it on my list. Have you seen it?

17. Yes I have!! Definitely worth it. You two should give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Halloween (2018) - 7/10 - Really enjoyed the movie, definitely a good movie to see the day before Halloween. Out of the 5 other people in the theater, one was one of the people who felt the need to comment loudly at the screen throughout the movie so that was pretty annoying, but overall the movie was really good.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. @Mvndanke did you like the 3rd Riddick movie or nah?

~Toni~

20. La Jetée (1962) [english subtitles]
    This is the movie that "12 Monkeys" was based on. 30mins
    La Jetée is constructed almost entirely from optically printed photographs playing out as a photomontage of varying rhythm. It contains only one brief shot (of the woman mentioned above sleeping and suddenly waking up) originating on a motion-picture camera, this due to the fact that Marker could only afford to hire one for an afternoon. The stills were taken with a Pentax Spotmatic[1] and the motion-picture segment was shot with a 35 mm Arriflex.[2] The film has no dialogue aside from small sections of muttering in German and people talking in an airport terminal. The story is told by a voice-over narrator. The scene in which the hero and the woman look at a cut-away trunk of a tree is a reference to Alfred Hitchcock's 1958 film Vertigo which Marker also references in his 1983 film Sans soleil.[3]

La Jetée - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1