Rate the the last book you read

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Huey_Freeman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Everything is illuminated, 9/10

2. Congo - Michael Crichton 8/10

3. Stephen King - Needful Things -- 10/10

First story Stephen King wrote after getting off the drugs. This one's an epic, the last Castle Rock story. Tons of references to past books. Intriguing read.

4. naked lunch by william s burroughs. 10/10 
    the best book i have ever read, and that des not come lightly, it is all about the deviant mind and the twisting thoughts of a perfectly sane opium addicted skitsophrentic man. only book that ever came close is on the road by jack kerouac, a 9.999999999999999/10

• Like Like x 4
  5. Michael Gerber - The E-Myth Revisited 7/10

Book describing why most small businesses fail, and explaining what structure and mindset to have in order to make one that grows and succeed.

6. No Easy Day - Mark Owen

8/10

7. Ender's Game, 10/10. Truly a brilliant book, I loved how well it explained all of the feelings and emotions. With a brilliant story as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Washington's War - 9/10

9. Really enjoyed this book too.

10. Hyperion - Dan Simmons. Everyone needs to read this book. Best sci fi book I have ever read. The scenery and the was he describes things is insane.

11. Carrie - Stephen King 10/10

I searched for a copy of this book for months after only seeing the movie for years. Took me 3 months before i broke down and ordered it off of amazon. The thrill of the hunt was never actually achieved, but what a satisfying read!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ellen Hopkins- Crank, Burned, Glass ect of that series reading is usually boring those are amazing highly recommend 

13. Middlesex - Eugenides

14. I Ching 9/10

15. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

8.5 / 10

I'm a huge fan of Murakami but I found that a lot of his 1Q84 was filler we could have done without. The plot and character development is incredible, but I feel as though Murakami was more concerned with page count than telling a succinct story.

• Like Like x 1
  16. War - 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I loooved this book! I haven't thought about it in years.

18. Nocturnal by Scott Sigler - 7/10

It was a fun book, picked up a lot towards the end, but I had a real problem getting into the book at first for some reason.