Rate the the last book you read

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Huey_Freeman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. We have a "What are you reading?" thread but no thread to rate the books after  you have read them.

I'll start... 

If you give a mouse a cookie... 10/10

2. Misery - 10/10

Intense, visceral, and I love how King included bits and pieces of a fake book-being-written (Misery's Return). Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why I Am Not A Christian -by Bertrand Russel  - 10/10

The man was a genius and rejected religion long before it was somewhat accepted. 

4. High Society by Ben Elton, 9/10hilarious, insightful and well written, but not quite that perfect ten

You would. :laughing:

All Quiet On The Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque

8/10. Beautiful prose and diction. Very surreal war novel. Bit dry, though.

6. The Hatfield and McCoys - Otis Rice - 7.5/10

7. Stephen kings "The Gunslinger" first book in the dark tower series. Ill give it an 8.5. This book is the first in the dark tower series. I give the series a 10. If you havent read this series I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. What on earth am i here for - This girl i was so into made me read it and I read it until the day it all broke off, and I'm planning to burn it and dance around it while it goes down. Should be fun!

9. The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles book 2)
    3/10
    Never been so disappointed by a sequel. I'm pissed about it so here's a short, scathing review.
    Everything I love about the first book is still here for the most part. But some of the dialogue/arguments are so FUCKING CHILDISH. I mean, you could take the contextual structure of these arguments, replace a few words, and bam you've got a couple of squabbling 12 year old girls. The lead character is superbly intelligent, witty, and confident, but in the verbal conflicts he comes off as so juvenile I almost couldn't finish this damn book. And I don't think one single god damn question from the previous book got answered. Oh yeah, the SIXTY-FUCKING-FIVE page sex scene was lame as shit too.

10. [​IMG]

10/10 best book ive ever raed

11. Finished "American Desperado" today. 10/10

12. Humboldt - Life on Aamerica's Marijuana Frontier

6/10 I found it interesting but it didn't quite deliver. It did make me want to pack up and move to Northern California.

13. The Devil in the White City
    7/10
    Was pretty interesting. Seems well researched.

14. Jamaican Flowers 9/10 great story, with a crazy twist

15. #15 Piratemennell, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Fahrenheit 451, Brilliant book. Very well written and easy to read, despite dealing with very heavy political themes. 

10/10

16. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

10/10 - very descriptive style of writing. She honestly knows how to paint a picture in your head. Her characters are larger then life. She makes a great political statement which is eerily close to a prophecy of today's political climate from 50 years ago. Also her philosophy is one to be admired. I will totally enjoy re-reading this book.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Living the Good Life ~ Scott and Helen Nearing - 9/10

This book was one of the bibles of the "back to the land" movement of the '70s.

18. #18 Powerwiz, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    Education through defecation is essential. 10/10. I keep it in my main bathroom. I always hear my guests laugh. I know exactly why.

.[​IMG]

19. I don't even remember the last book I read... but I'll go ahead and give it a 10/10

20. Currently reading the game of thrones series. I just finished storm of swords and loved it. I give it a 9/10.