Rate the Skunk

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by guitarmarc, Oct 28, 2008.

1. What do you think of my first whack at a Skunk #1 / feminized PPP SCROG? Just went to 12/12 yesterday with the screen about half full of grow tips. I figure that the screen will fill up during the stretch and I needed some left if that stretch is a big one.

This is under 400 w HPS in a basement closet that used to be the water heater space. I have 6 feet total headroom, so the SCROG idea seemed appropriate. So far, so good, seems to me. These are from seed, so I will certainly have some heartbreak ahead, but the next crop will be cloned for perfection. That was why I stuck a couple of feminized PPP plants in the mix- I am out of weed!

The screen is three feet by 4 feet, 170 holes. Fox Farm ferts. thanks for any advice / encouragement!

gutiarmarc

PHP:
    [PHP][HTML][/HTML]
    [/PHP]

Attached Files:

2. very nice. have you started flowering light cycle yet?

Nevermind... need to remember what I'd already read.

3. Thanks, OldSchool. I needed that!
    First grow since 1972! Everything has changed!

I am so pleased by how it has gone so far that I am scared that I am going to blow it here somehow. So far, so good.

Thanks again.

guitarmarc

4. Ain't nothing but a plant. Looks like you haven't forgotten anything.

Here's hoping for a screen full of buds.

5. Looks very nice mate and im sure that will do just fine :) looks nice and healthy.

Hoping for some big buds :)

6. Can someone explain scrog to me? Does it stress the plant almost like lst or topping to direct hormones into bud development? Or does it just keep plants around the same size.

When you grow scrog you don't raise the grate correct? And if not then how do you water, must be a pain in the ass? :confused:

7. No, not a pain in the ass so far. My watering can has an extension on the spout (home made). There is a lot of great info on SCROGging, just google it and you will find. I have never done it before this time, so I will not pollute you with my rookie suppositions. Suffice it to say, I was convinced of better yield possibilities and a more controllable grow in a small space. My space has vertical limitations, so the light can't possibly move more than 2 feet from the lowest possible lighting point. This makes SCROG the best choice for me.

The screen does not move. As the grow tips hit the mesh, you gently move them outward, essentially, to open the grow tips below to grow up to the mesh. (This is where I am now) As you continue to train the grow tips along the mesh, they develop additional bud sites along the length, growing more of the shit I want to smoke. This process concentrates the bud level along one plane, giving (more or less) even light to all buds. The goal is to fill every hole possible with a bud site. I have seen some come pretty damn close, so I am going for it too. Bigger yields, a bit more work (shit, this is FUN) and a little longer grow (but Skunk #1 is a pretty quick strain, I am told).

Hope I helped. It is worth checkiing out Scrog.

m.

8. nice work so far man. how many plants is that? and how many weeks in veg cycle before you go to flower? did you do any topping?

great work

9. kick ass man!

that scrog looks great..

how many weeks of veg did you give? Have they shown sex?

10. That is six plants: 4 Skunk #1, 2 Fem Pure Power Plant. Normally, one would not mix and match strains in a Scrog screen, I think, but these are all from seed. Mostly trying to get a clone crop for each strain going AND get some stash build up. I have a little space under the stairs for my bubble cloner and veg / start up spot. It has 2 double 32 watt flouros and the five gallon aquarium cloner in there. Once I get through a cycle or two, I expect 10 to 20 ounces dry every two months. Shooting for that, anyways. PPP is a big yielder. So is Skunk though. Bravo, Nirvana.

m.

11. 14 inches high on my screen, I veged for 35 days and just went 12/12 yesterday. Preflowers just spotted on one plant, the others have yet to show. should know in a few days and yes, my fingers are crossed! I topped twice to get a four way cola to help fill the screen (and hopefully increase overall cola weight.).

m.

12. all those plants ur sure to get some nice females! nice grow

13. definitely nice, i topped a plant twice and ended up with this....

[​IMG]

turned out male though.