Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Man I'm torn on this movie, a lot of people keep saying its great (and I agree some movies like Jurassic park etc are waaay better on the big screen) but I have not seen it yet for the following reasons.

I feel like it was just another 80s nostalgia cash in

The original movie came out at a time when US air superiority was threatened by the Mig-29 which was in many cases the superior aircraft to the US F14 tomcat. It gave us the security of knowing that even even if someone else has better planes, we have way better people (according to the original film)

Tom Cruise and Scientology just weird me out in general, back in the 80s he was a young promising actor, now (to me) hes just a weird rich guy, and the last thing he needs is more of my money.

Once again, I still might see the movie (no spoilers pls) but the 3 things above are what has prevented me from seeing it so far.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. #19362 DaPhats, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    All I can really say is it's better than the original and the flying scenes are so good it should be seen in the theatre.

Tom Cruise is the kind of film maker that doesn't compromise on anything. His standards are AAA and this movie shows it.

EDIT: I'll add, as far as nostalgia goes, I hear ya. I'm getting pretty sick of all the remakes/reboots these days preying off nostalgia and there's certainly a bit of that thrown in here but it's done in a tasteful and appropriate manner. It's not thrown in your face like other reboots.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Maybe I should give him a chance, tbh I kind of gave up on his movies after the first mission impossible where they killed off most of the original tv characters in the first 30 minutes so it could be the "Ethan hunt running at full speed a lot" show

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. The Internship (2013)

I like Owen Wilson. My rate is 8 out of 10.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Brewster's Millions (1985)

I watched it a few days ago on TV.
    I give it 9 out of 10. Some day I'll give it 10. The film gets better and better on every 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. If I ever run for office I'm totally lifting from that movie
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

7. A world-class spy falls for an unlikely woman and must work out how to build a relationship
    with a normal person while others around him try and destroy both the relationship and
    much more, after so many heavy hitters out these days its great to find a simple
    charming action movie as this its got crap scores on IMDB but thats been before,
    with very little on YT makes it even more interesting comedy with classy broads(spiess's)

My girl was trying to draw a comparison between being a spy and a drug dealer lol ...
    I don't see the connection other than the classy broads ...lol

Stoner Value - High ( Great one liners, and the dog shit on the girls face tooooo much ...lol)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Tucker and Dale vs Evil / rewatched over the weekend

Takes the classic, "hillbillies kidnap and torture some suburban teens" trope and flips it on its head.

Cabin in the woods is also similar horror-trope bashing movie like the original scream was and worth a watch too imo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I Love Cabin In The Woods. First Time I Watch It It Took Me By Surprise Lol Wasnt Expectin It ToGo Like That.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I Wanna See This Film!!!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Without giving potential spoilers, I can say my fav part of that movie is where the one "controller" finally sees his mermaid (or maybe it was a merman) lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Lol Yup He Got His Wish.
    It Killed Him.

~Toni~

13. [​IMG]

Great acting. Was good. Solid 7/10.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. [​IMG]

7/10

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. #19375 Jerry Geisler, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Rock of Ages (2012) 9/10

Almost Famous (2000) 10/10

Stopped watching Rock of Ages (2012) a minute ago.

As the saying goes "Give one enough rope, and ...

• Winner Winner x 3

16. Some time back I settled into this thinking a B-teen horror then the camera tracked back lol

it was mind-blowing to see the scientists and bunker lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Yea!
    They Got All Those Nightmare Creatures Locked Up An ThenThe Kids Release Them An The Slaughter Commence. Plus That Giant God Lol But They Cut Off The Movie Right When He Coming Out.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Like all the betting those geeks in the white suits did
    I learnt any bad situations in my life I like to take a bet,
    it gives one courage
    Last one was a speeding ticket I talked my way out and won a pizza for the night ...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Yea Gettin Can Be Fun But I Wouldn't Be In That Facility. Too Dangerous!

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Untraceable 10/10 because its savage & has twists you don't see coming..
    zU1MQ@@._0_.jpg
    An elusive serial killer posts live videos of his brutal murders on a website in order to tease the FBI. Jennifer Marsh, an FBI agent, is assigned the task to track down the psychopath.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1