Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. My Favorite Disney Movie Ever!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1

2. To this day Russia just hates those British spy tricks lol

But not as good as the documentary, the real story here lies in what happens after the body is thrown overboard,
    its then the sneaky brits run riot in neutral Spain, the body is found by a Spanish fisherman who delivers it to the police, in turn the Spanish claim the case of secrets in exchange for Gibraltar.
    But just then the nazis screw that deal too ....lol
    a copy of the 1956 The Man Who Never Was with the odd sucky suck of Ian Flaming of 007
    the operation did have its uses tho:
    During Operation Market-Garden, the Allied invasion of Holland in September 1944 (fourteen months after Operation Mincemeat and the invasion of Sicily), a British staff officer brought a complete Corps-level operations order with maps and graphics, which was never supposed to leave Britain, with him on a transport glider and then inadvertently left it on the glider when it landed in Holland. The Germans eventually overran the glider landing zone and found the operations order. But due to Operation Mincemeat, they were so convinced that this was another set of fake documents planted for deception by the British, and actually maneuvered contrary to what the documents indicated for the first few days of the battle. This was included in A Bridge Too Far (1977), a movie about Operation Market-Garden.

Stoner Value - Only if you must (6/10)

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. 8/10 'The Northman'

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. #19344 Vee, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022

Botox queen, 50 something, actress Bullock rules this marginal flick
    After making a cameo in Brad Pitt's movie Bullet Train (2022), Sandra Bullock replied
    by offering Pitt a cameo in her movie., he then dies and its all down hill lol
    Everyone else I can't stand, payback is a bitch says the boss ....lol
    note: sexual elements are poorly explored with Sandra Bullock
    being 16 years older than Channing Tatum, with many sexiest cliché's

A poor copy of Romancing the Stone (1984). many will say,..... blond men have more fun?

Stoner Value 6/10 (so-so fans only)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #19345 Digger, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
    3/4 of the way through Halloween Kill's, not really into gore these days and i already had anxiety yesterday so fkn nightmares last night. Just gonna give it a 6.5 because i thought the last one was the last one:bolt:...

Ps. Edit make that just 6, they had the chance to cut his head off & they didn't:confused_2:. Lol...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. #19346 DaPhats, May 14, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
    The Northman - 8.5/10

I liked this one. It's a good movie about vengeance.

I'm really glad they didn't use any extra lighting. Everything was lit-up by fire, which it should be since it's the year 900. It reminded me of the 13th Warrior in that regard. The fight choreography needs work. Some of it was pretty lame.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. I'll be checking that out for sure. Reference to 13th warrior did it, thats one of my all time faves.

This is exactly how I learned English. Instead of an Arab sitting around a campfire with Vikings, I was a lil' Viking hanging around armed guards in Nigeria. Same exact thing. One word at a time.

@Cocoa Toni Want to share this with you too since we were just talking about teaching my niece English.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. In the spirit of Hollywood always whining that no one goes to their original offerings, I give you:

The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent:

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Nicolas Cage is game as a down on his luck version of himself called Nick Cage. You don't have to be a fan of his or his movies to get this movie but it's definitely a plus. Fun cast and it's a great take on the typical buddy-action flick. 8/10
    [​IMG]
    PS Don't watch any of it's trailers.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once.
    Almost impossible to describe. A trippy, kung-fu, sci-fi movie with a chick flick and philosophy lesson on life and relationships somehow crammed into it, (this ain't Marvel folks). Brilliantly written, superbly acted, (Michelle Y is GREAT in this!), and completely deranged at times. While not the greatest movie ever made, (it's waaaay too long IMO and can get a bit unhinged), it definitely affects you and I can't wait to see it again. 7.5/10.

PS Watch all the trailers you want cause it just don't matter :p.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Morbius - 5.5/10

It was a very predictable and basic story. Meh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh so very true buddy - one little word at a time - becomes addictive after a while ..never trust google translate lol

ps writing subtitles helps

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. [​IMG]

7/10

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Top Gun Maverick - 10/10

It's the first movie I've seen in a theater in probably 5 years. It was fucking awesome and I'm glad Tom Cruise refused to release it on streaming. I saw it on the mini Imax and it was worth it. It felt like a combination of Top Gun and Ace Combat the video game. The flying scenes were absolutely amazing. It brought a few tears to my eye when they brought up Goose. Would watch again, and again, and again, ....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Savages 9/10 I Like This One It About Mexican Cartels. Salma Hayek The Boss Lady.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Star Wars Episode 1

6/10
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Doctor Sleep
    [​IMG]

Really cool movie. Finally watched it all the way through. 8.5/10

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. Forrest Gump,. 10/10

• Winner Winner x 3

17. One movie I loved but swear never watch again all that stuttering etc is unbearable

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. #19358 Dizzy, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    Black An Blue 8/10 A Movie About Crooked Cops Trying To Kill Naomi Harris Lol An Nobody Would Help Her In The Hood :( It Also Stars Tyrese Gibson An Frank Grillo.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. The Lost City - 7/10

It was a fun action comedy based on Romancing the Stone.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. I think I'm going to watch that this weekend, good to know because I enjoyed Romancing the stone back in the day.

As for me Sonic 2 was the last current movie I watched with the kids, and even though they lifted a ton of stuff straight from other superhero movies, they did it in a way much more likely (imo) to engage younger kids who aren't able to sit through all the non-action parts of avengers for example.

I'm also glad it was a decent movie because with my kids I feel like I'll be watching it again fairly regularly for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1