Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. That's A Good One. Have You Read The Book?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. #19322 Vee, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022

(1998) The world's greatest ever playwright, William Shakespeare, is young, out of ideas and short of cash,

But meets his ideal woman and is inspired to write one of his most famous plays.

Classic fancy pants comedy drama, about this time Academy Awards went of the wall
    this scored high but after this, all the nominations were crap films ...to this date

Alternate versions
    The Region 2 DVD contains some deleted scenes:
    • A different end sequence. Here the conversation between Will and Viola is shorter than in the final film. After Viola has left Burbage enters and stops Will from running after Viola. He also takes the 50 pounds and says "Welcome to the Chamberlain's Men". The scene where Lord Wessex's ship sinks is also different. Here we see that Viola survives the drowning and is washed ashore an unknown coast. There she asks two people where she is. Their reply is "This is America".
    • A slightly different version of the scene where Burbank and his men fight against Will and his actors in the theatre. The sequence is largely the same as the scene used in the final film but parts are shown from different angles. A small conversation between Fennyman and Henslowe is added where they discuss about business.
    • A small scene which takes place after Henslowe has announced the audition. Here the two actors John and James walk to the court to play witnesses. When they meet the other actors and hear that Will Shakespeare needs actors for his new play they follow them to the audition.
    • A deleted take where Tom Wilkinson announces that he will be playing the apothecary. To Rushs question "How does the comedy end?" Fiennes replys "By God, I wish I knew". Then Rush says "By God, if you do not, who does? Let us have pirates, clowns and a happy ending and you'll make Harvey Weinstein a happy man."

Stoner value - High (costumes and comedy)

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Taxi Driver - 6/10

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Secret Window
    [​IMG]

7/10

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. When their relationship turns sour, a couple undergoes a medical procedure to have each other erased from their memories. ....sounds cool! thanks for that

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Romeo and Juliet (2013)

9/10

Love those movies.. so far this is the best one I've watched.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scream (2022)
    [​IMG]

7/5/10. For a reboot or whatever, it was actually decent

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I was interested to see what Rob would bring to the character. I was disappointed. And that pretty much trickled down to the rest of the movie. Plodding and boring. It didn't excite me one bit. Kind of the same feeling I had with Dune. Trying too hard to be artsy and failing. 4 out of 10. I am glad you enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #19329 Lawlerskates, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    I just watched Dragged Across Concrete, with Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn. From the director of Bone Tomahawk. It's got a slower pace, very similar to a 70's movie. It helps with the high level of realism the film goes for. It also reminded me of the first season of True Detective at times. The movie can be very brutal and is quite bloody/gorey, it gets close to being too much to stomach without overstepping that line though. It is also one the most intense movies I've ever seen, as mentioned the movie is quite realistic and does a good job to make you feel tension.
    The movie also touches upon controversial subjects that most movies will never do, making most people love it, or hate it. The chemistry between Vince and Mel is also top notch, some of the best acting in their careers. I'm giving it a 9/10. One of the more impactful films I've seen in the past decade.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Choose or Die 9/10 because it's savage af:hello: @Cocoa Toni have you seen this film T??? It's lit AF :D
    0_.jpg
    A broke student who plays an obscure 1980s survival computer game in pursuit of an unclaimed $100,000 prize. After a series of unexpectedly terrifying moments, she soon realises she's no longer playing for the money, but for her own life.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. No I Havent Seen It But I Might Check It Out. Thank You Brews.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Murder on the Orient Express
    [​IMG]

6/10

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Departed
    [​IMG]

Started last night and finished this morning.
    8.8/10. Amazing movie

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. I Love That Movie. Especially Jack Nicholson Part.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dawn Of The Dead (2004) 10/10 One Of The Best Zombie Movies Ever IMO. It Classic!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Uncharted - 6/10

It was fun but quite silly at the same time. The last act with the boats was absurd.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ambulance - 7/10

It's Michael Bay so you know what you're in for. The beginning was awesome and reminded me of Heat with DeNiro and Pacino.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. A Quiet Place 2
    9/10

I liked it more than part1.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Suicide Squad 2, ffs an evil Star Fish hey. 0.1 out of 10...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Watching The Lion King Laserdisc right now.

Still better than the 2019 version.

3f9174c6b303e839c6526c3a175d7af9.jpeg

(6/10)

• Winner Winner x 2