Rate The Grime and UK Hip Hop Song Above You

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Father Ted, Nov 9, 2015.

1. I cant believe I defended Chip just to wind you up. Sorry about that. Head. Hung. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Solid 9/10 for the warning, after this chip picked carefully who he beefed with.. not careful enough though.

3. Yeh nice beat, and he reminds me of young version of Riko....sick flow and nice beats 8/10 would have gave it a 9 but the second half wasnt as good as the first.

I make no apologies, just loving so much stuff coming from the Invasion Alert crew (that and loving Aystar too at the mo), had to give an RIP to Depzman though. Subzee tries his hardest to ruin this, so if you can put up with that cunt give this a play:

4. 7/10 some decent bars in there, depz didnt kill it like he normally does. Dude in the glasses looks a junkie..
    Keeping it Birmingham

5. Yeh thats subzee why he raps like hes a yardie is beyond me. Hes 12 years too late to be in goldie looking chain...

Glad that was only 2.54. I just cant stomach Devilman. not bad by his standards but for me he spits the same bars he did at Lord of the Mics 10 years ago....skepta went massive and hes still pumping out the same bars about stds and wung seng and the he got pedo in at the end as standard.

5.5/10

This guy has bare bars, and is a poet....he would be massive if he wasn't a full on gangster

6. 3/10 There are some decent bars in there but dont rate his flow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Father Ted Get yo ass back in here! I dont care if its just us two bumping this shit :laughing:

8. Solid 7/10. I liked that, he sounds crazily like Dizzy. Know what you mean about Aystar, I just think he over complicates things sometimes and tries to be too clever - hes got plenty of time to improve though.

Dont think ive posted this but think its a better example of Aystar and what he can do. Im a big fan in large part that hes just so different to most of the rest of the scene. He's got better flow in this but Gecko kills it to be fair and Koke got some sick bars...even the old boys kick ass...

9. Solid 7/10. I liked that, he sounds crazily like Dizzy. Know what you mean about Aystar, I just think he over complicates things sometimes and tries to be too clever - hes got plenty of time to improve though.
    Sorry mate been really busy with work, family, house etc....usual shit you know how it is.

10. 6.5/10

I like the jazzy backing, it worked surprisingly well.

Going for an oldie here, remember seeing these boys support Estelle and John Legend - they never hit the big time like they should have.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 8/10 Its different... i like it!

Saw this guy at a few thousand views was like hes gunna blow then he makes a shit track with krept n konan.. shame cause he goes in hard on this!

12. Soon as that kicks in I start bopping my head. Yeh sick flow, productions and beats. I remember listening to this around the time it was posted and liking it but never saved it in. Onto my growroom loop playlist....my girls like grime music...well they better like it hahaha

8.5/10

Got some good bars on this, but not even made my own mind up if I like it or not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 8/10 Shotguns and bars are always a winner :laughing: not the best flow but still rate it.

Nines gives you added ambition to get rich!

14. You proper love nines. Gotta say he's got some of the best production of any UK artist not just Grime/HH/rap.

Not generally a massive fan, but it's just personal taste. He's a talented dude for sure. Solid 7/10

Not going to lie, I'm totally biased as I love this guy but this is the best fire in the booth ever, surely the best lyricist in the UK. every bar on this is nothing but truth and poetry.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 10/10 Akala will always be top 10 in the Uk scene and this fitb was close to perfect, it is dump how this has 3M views... should be on 10+

16. 8.9/10 Played this a fair bit when it first came out, more commercial but still a great tune that's on my playlist. Would almost go as far as to say it's poppy (good pop that it).

Always loved Kano, P+Qs has to be one of the greatest tunes of any genre of all time. Pure bad ass dark shit. Top Boy, wow what a programme, and why the hell isn't he acting in big time films now? just too sick.

Feels like a step down posting this, but a classic nevertheless:

17. 7/10 Dont usually rate Ghetts but this is decent

18. Nice flow and I know this is going to sound daft but I didn't appreciate all the swearing though, thought it over shadowed his talent. 6/10