Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rate my First brownie batch.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mr Immortalized, Oct 5, 2011.

1. This was my first attempt ever, at making brownies so bare with me. I used the crock pot method and started with:
    7g's of mid
    2g's of trimming/stems,ect
    1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil

^ All in a crock pot on low for about 7hrs & 30mins, with me stirring it about every 1-2 hours. Then i poured it all through a gold coffee filter and got about a 1/2 cup of canna oil back, my original input. About the time i got all that done it was around 12 and i still had to do some other things, so i sealed the mason jar it was in and stored it in the fridge.

When I awoke this morning to retrieve it and bake the brownies, the coconut oil went back to a solid and was a pretty groovey lookin color swirl.
    [​IMG]

Anyways i sat it by the heater for about 10mins and it melted back down to a liquid. [​IMG]

Finally onto the baking, I baked on 325 for about 15mins but i think my oven runs a little more hot than others, so i turned it down to 320 for around 45 mins then turn the oven off and let them sit in the oven for another 10.

I cooled them for 15mins then decide to put the in the freezer for about 30 to speed it up. It worked fine, so i removed them from the pan and cut them into 18 squares. [​IMG]

However i feel like i somehow fucked them up. The brownies on the outside,touching the sides of the pan, all seem to be mostly done and cooked fine. But the ones in the center , the center of them are kinda gooey. Not drippy gooey just kinda smushi. Now from lack of experience from never cooking brownies, idk if this is normal, & i never eat brownies enough to be able to tell if its normal or not. I snapped some more pics for you all to see and give feedback.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looking tasty im getting cravings for brownies now :( haha i remember last year me and a few friends made brownies with a pound of trim took 10 hours to do the lot using only 4 sticks of butter used the whole lot to make 20 brownies and man they were strong

3. Thanks & haha damn sounds epic :cool:

4. With a dash of love in every brownie lol
    [​IMG]

5. haha amazing! and if he high is good I say your fine man :)

6. Send 2 over and ill happily rate them, but for real they look great.

7. the only way to properly rate them is to try one ;)

8. hmm well i ate one eariler before my afternoon class to test it out to see how they turned out and after about an hour i felt a little buzz but not much at all, so then about an 1hr later when i got home i ate 2 of them & about 45 mins after i ate those i did about 4good sized gravity bong rips and then for the last 2 hours ive been so high. I literally sat on my futon for a whole hour watching some show about cars, call top gear or something like that, but like for 45mins i had my hands in my pocket & didnt realize it until my arms started falling asleep haha.

So in all i think they tuned out decent. The next batch i think ill add an extra egg to make them more cake like & add a little less oil + more weed to reduce them being gooey and make them more potent. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

@ Seeds 'n' Stems

^Thats amazing haha. Thats probably one of the only peices that didnt get strained out and it turned up looking like that, what are the chances.

9. Yeah i dont think this batch turned out as potent as i imagined them to be. I ate another 2 on empty stomach, without smoking this time, and felt a little something, but that could partially due to the placebo effect haha. Ill have a few hours of downtime this after noon & i think i may eat like 4 or 5 before i confirm failure.

10. It's possible that cooking it in the crockpot may have overcooked your oil due to the fact that 1/2 cup of oil is not much compared to the couple liters your crockpot probably is. So, I would think that while under normal conditions when its nearly full it shouldnt be too hot to process cannaoil, but since there wasn't enough liquid it could have gotten much hotter, vaporizing your precious cannaboids and tepenoids, degrading potency.

Just a theory. You're better off trying to cook it in a double broiler or even the oven works.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

Also, check out this sticky if you wanna make your next batch a success. this thread has all the information you need to getting the most out of your weed.

11. It's possible that you didn't decarboxylate the trim, and the trim wasn't very cured/dried which decreased potency. Although 8 Gs of mids isnt that much, it should have done a pretty good effect. I make brownie batches sometimes with 20-25 grams of shwag. Usually I get more high from an increase in quantity of properly decarbed bud. Moreso then the increase in high from choosing quality over quantity, as is with smoking unprocessed (not oven decarbed) herb. Hope that made sense. [face_stoned]

12. Hmm well my crockpot is extrememly small compared to most. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006A2ZR0]Amazon.com: Maxi-Matic MST-250XW Elite Cuisine 1-1/2-Quart Round-Shaped Slow Cooker, White: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] thats the one i have. The reason for the crock pot is i dont have access to an actual oven with a working stovetop, only actual baking inside.

@TheOracle

I think im going to do about 15 grams tonight spread across about 15 brownies. By my calculations about 3 1/2 of my last batch will equal one of these.
    -------------------------------------------------
    -To update from when i ate 4 of them friday. After about 45 mins from eating all of them i had a pretty good high going but it didnt last more then about 2 hours.

I have a theory that since i used such a small about & my tolerance is so high thats why i dont feel as much from it. However im going to give my friend a couple tonight and let him test them. His average smoking is like once a month or something small like that. So i think ill be able to report better results from him, ill have to see, ill report back when i have info.

What would you all recommend i bake them at? Ive heard 350 is too high so i did 325 but i heard by a few that was also to high? Also how much oil should i use in the crock pot if i do 15-20 grams of straight ground bud, this time no trim/stems.

13. Okay so its been about a week & ive been busy with midterms and all that ucky stuff. I ended up makeing 15 browines with 15 grams of bud in them, at the beginning of the week. What i did different in the recipe was:

-Used 8grams more weed & better quality bud but still mid.

-Let all simmer in crock pot for 10hours then cool in there for another 1hr. So about 3-4 more hours longer than last time.

-added extra egg to make more cakelike.

-Cooked on 320 for 45-50mins. Then cooled by fan for 15mins then into freezer for faster freezing, about 30mins.

So how did they turn out? Well i ate one from the new batch one then one of the regular ones from the first batch. And about 2 hours after that I was sitting around so high in the library, i felt like when i first started smoking when your legs feel all shakey, In all it was a very enjoying/relaxing high.
    I also got news to update from earlier when i let my buddy sample them. He ate 2 from the first batch, from which he said he was pretty high for a few hours. Then he gave the another 1 i gave him (most recent stronger) to his chick friend he had with him and said thats was" highest shes been in her entire life. "

I would like to thank everyone who posted & offered advice. My next batch, probably in another few days-week, i will try the 'decarb'in the bud, i would of done it with the last batch but by the time i read the posts about it, i had already had everything simmering.

14. Top Gear is an awesome show. Nice brownies.

15. Looks good, 1 gram per sounds good. I'd go a bit higher if using mids but I remember making firecrackers with brick weed that destroyed you at .5g per so its not that big a deal. I just personaly can't eat two or three rich brownies so I make them so the first one counts. Don't wanna get the too much chocolate sweats.

As far as having gooey brownies in the middle just get some tooth picks and stick them into the center, if anything but the tiniest bit of grease sticks to the wood then it needs a couple more minutes. If your pulling up chunks of brownie mixture then it needs like 10-15 minutes.

Lowering your temperature and cooking at longer periods without the raw food as a binder would probably fix alot. You can use baking soda(Wouldn't advise for brownies just for taste), a quarter cup of milk and 1/4 cu[ flour, and apperently Ener-G powder according to an article I just googled instead of the egg.

And your better off anyways at lower heats for longer periods with baking(Else you usualy get burnt sides). Plus you already binded the THC with the coconut oil so you don't need to be cooking at high temperatures because the THC is already in something that will carry it into the bloodtstream.