Rat appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by crasstastic, Oct 9, 2007.

1. I know I can't be the only one here who loves rats. Some people think they're dirty, but they're actually very clean, rats bond w/ each other by bathing one another (amongst other social behaviors). I've got females cause they're more energetic, and they're a blast to watch / play with. post pics of yours :) :smoke:

[​IMG]

the play area - my bed with an old ratty (no pun intended) comforter and sheet set thrown on it (not chewing through my nice sheets!) always a work in progress, as stuff gets chewed through, and i try to spoil the beasts

[​IMG]

squeaks - my dumbo's companion...a dumbo as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the newest member of the family, replacing my dumbo. blue rat haven't named her yet. can't get too many good pics of her cause she's full of energy. thankfully they get along very well, don't have to mess around with 2cages and gradually socializing them. HUGE RELIEF! (plus its instant entertainment)

[​IMG]
    my dumbo who died last weekend at the young age of 2-2 1/2. she always had respiratory problems and they'd come and go, but she seemed to be doing better and then one day i noticed she was really unresponsive and lethargic and later that evening she died. RIP

[edit]: and that cage in the background isn't their home, its an old one, threw the wheel in to see if the new rat will actually use it (0/2 so far), and so they can get water

[edit#2]:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finally got an okay shot of the new girl!

2. dude your rats are the shit! you do spoil the hell outta them beasts tho. i would call the blue one smoke or somthin cus he/she looks like it.

3. Ferrets>>> Rats
    :D

4. yeah but ferrets stink more than rats and can get into more mischief!

5. Dang mischievous ferrets!!

6. Awsome man.

I used to have mice/hamsters, never had any rats.

I also had prarie dogs at one time- they were the best.