Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rastas and the holy Chalice

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sandiniste, Mar 16, 2005.

1. I was reading up on the rastafarian religion and they said that the "traditional" way they smoked their ganja was with a "chalice". I think it's some kind of bong? Does it have a special significance for rastas? And isn't it also the name for the thing that a priest drinks his wine out of? Anyway, if anybody could enlighten me on this subject I'd really appreciate.

TCHO~!

2. I'm pretty sure they're mostly chillums- made out of bullhorns and such...

3. A Chalice is often times a (water)pipe with a coconut base, a wood bowl and a bamboo mouthpiece.

4. arent rastafarians racist against white ppl, i read up on it and they said that white ppl hold them back or something like that. and to be racist against whites is part of their religion. something like that. so if i tried to join the rastafarian religion (im white) i wouldnt be able to?

5. yea ive heard that shit too and you know everyone wants to be a rastafarian :D

6. There's some good stuff in the rastafarian religion (I remember reading up on it in Religious Studies in school)... I don't like that people abuse it just because rastas toke, though? Like you'll get poser little kids who wear the bright colours and try to speak like a jamaican and go on about ganja even though they haven't even tried it... Schmeh...

7. I looked at rastafarianism, too, because I wanted to see how they actually incorporated cannabis into their religion and I was suprised about the anti-white sentiment. You don't usually hear much about that part of it.

8. i dont think its so much the white people in genral, but the white higherarchy, babylon. and also in its earlyer days there was a lot more racism around the world, but anyway i dunno. i went on tour with my uncles reggae band, and they were all super cool, that was some good times.

9. black people hate white people? who knew! :rolleyes:

10. i know a rastafarian. hes really kool and hes got like 6 foot dreads full of all kinds of jewelry and pins and pieces of metal. its pretty tight. (hes white too :p)

11. Rastafarian racism is a thing of the past, Bud luv baby.

12. so whites can become rastafarians now?

13. Rasta use the Chalice for the Holy Sacrament which is smoking Ganja, (not wine from the grapevine, like in the Catholic church). Generally a hollowed cocount, a clay fired bowl on the top (the Kutchie), and a bamboo or hose mouthpiece. True Rasta is not a racist person. Rasta fight against babylon system which is the creator of racism. Rasta see the Herb as the Healing of the Nation (as depicted in the book of Revelation).
    Use it, don't Abuse it. Guidance.

14. i have one thing and one thing only to say about those posting on this thread. 2 actually.

1) i don't know about the chalice.

2) you're stupid as fuck if you seriously enter yourself into a religion simply because it involves marijuana. you could be christian, muslim, or buddhist and still smoke but rastafarians sound appealing simply because they smoke. did you read any of the other thousands of things they believe in? i haven't and i discovered this common sense all on my own. it's 1 thing if you joke about joining them because they toke, you toke. it's another if you are serious and that ignorant.

15. I am not familiar with the rastafarian religion. I was wondering if they base there religion on smoking ganja or if it is just part of the religious ceremony such as the eucharist or something.

16. when i was down in jamaica.....the tradition down there was big joints with tobacco in them(or spliffs) and sometimes they mixed hash in........i smoked with rastas......they had nothing against me(im white)...........they told me stories about jamaica and stuff had a good time..............

17. my bud went down there last year. had fun.

18. Rastafari is against the use of tobacco... among other things.

19. I think rastafarianism is the most respectable "organized" religion. From what I read they seem to be the most respecting and open religion there is. If I were to join a religion it would defenatly be rastafarianism (even tho I'm white....). And for the person who said that it would be stupid for someone to become rasta just because of weed I agree..... but rastafarianism isn't only about smoking the good herb.....

Oh yeah..... and I don't know if you feel the same way, but I have a beef with people who have dreads that aren't rastas. Many people do it for a fashion statement or because it looks cool.... not because they are rastas. I'm not a christian or a jew, so you won't be seeing me wearing a huge cross around my neck or the small jewish hat. So why is it any different with dreadlocks?