Rastafari

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SolooDolo, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Why do Rastas worship the old emperor of Ethiopia?

2. maybe he was enlightened, like all other religion's figureheads.

but im just guessin

Sent from my iPhone.

3. he descends from King Soloman, the bible said the messiah would return in 2000 years (other details match etc)

sent from under mi sensi tree

4. selassie was decidedly un-irie

it has the basic concepts of other religions though, love your fellow man, be kind, etc

5. Because it rhymes well in song

6. Rastafarias smoke weed because they believe it gets you higher to god

7. #7 Jumbie, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    Its is said that he is a messenger from god seeing that he conquered Lion(Judah), in which no man has every done at the time..

8. A lot of people descend from Solomon... the guy had over 1000 wives didnt he

9. i guess. im not the person to ask really I know a little bit about rastafarian ideas not a lot though theres some proper rastas on here some of them could probably answer better

10. Oh im just messing with you, if this guy in particular claims to be one of Solomon's descendants, more power to him

11. he was an ethiopian orthodox christian who never said he was in any way a messiah ironically

Ive never really got the sellasie thing, the other parts of rasta thought I have a huge degree of respect for especially the repatriation ideas. Interesting stuff shame theyve been tarred as a bunch of lazy stoners by the media the ideas of it are really deep and interesting

12. Because he is KING OF KINGS and Lord of Lords, the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Light of the World.

Q'damawi Haile Selassie JAH Ras Tafari