rasta colors

Discussion in 'General' started by weedst, Jan 30, 2010.

1. is it ok for a caucasian person to where rasta colors or even to have a rasta colored item

2. Why wouldn't it be?

3. its if u understand wut the colors mean n shit like tht... but if u smk weed n think jus cuz bob marly spots dem colors den no u cant wear it... like me i got a cotton rasta belt like u see reggae artists wear that i got from one dread bak home... i think i can wear it cuz im bout the island life, reggae music and the meanin of the colors plus if the dread gave it to me dun kno i got cred to wear it ya kno... but like i said if u wear it jus cuz bob marley does or jus cuz u smoke weed then no u have no right at all u jus bein a poser... i wear my colors wit pride

4. Actually you can wear whatever the fuck you want, regardless of reasoning.

If you want to wear some rasta colors, wear some rasta colors. I personally think there's a limit though, seeing someone dressed head to foot in rasta clothing is almost as bad as seeing someone with their jeans to their ankles and their ass hanging out

5. This.

6. Yes, you can wear Rasta colors. The Rastafari don't have anymore claim over those colors than anybody. They just happen to use them. You can too.

Symbols are what you make of them.

7. I almost wanna buy a rasta colored shirt now just because you said that..know why? Cause I fuckin can ;) :smoking:

8. #8 SoljaFeJah, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    if das how yall feel den go ahead n deck out in rasta color but im jus sayin sum people be fake bout it.. there more meanin to it den jus bein sum colors but i ain gone judge cuz i still wear my colors wid pride... it jus makes me mad wen people think the colors is jus bout smokin weed or sumthin ya kno... but me nah guh argue... im jus sayin its not cool to wear it jus cuz u smk weed or w/e.. its a culture or way of life.. its tht ignorence jus cuz he say tht im gunna wear it attitude tht gets me ya kno... its not jus colors there is a serious meaning behind the colors jus respect the colors n errting will be cool.. RESPECT seen... im not sayin u cant wear it jus if u do wear it wit pride knowin the meaning behind it n not jus cuz u smk weed ya kno cuz thts not wut its bout

9. well explain the colors if youre gonna be a cry baby and cry about it.

10. Please stop typing like that. We understand you're from the islands, but having to read through your posts typed like that is just laborious. Everybody can understand you better if you type in proper English.

I sound like a ghetto Jew, and if I typed the way my voice sounds nobody would understand my posts. You feel me? Not ragging on you, it'll just make it easier for people to take you seriously.

11. I'm white...i wear rasta colors. So yes, it's fine.

12. i think we can all agree that the world pretty much revolves around the rasta colors, i guess were all rasta at heart?? RED GOLD AND GREEN, BLOOD OF EVERY LIVING CREATURE, THE EARTH WE WALK ON, AND ALL OF THE TREASURES WE CHERISH...we all feel a special connection to these three things...anyone disagree with that? :cool:

13. GOLD= SUN though imho...
    but i agree with the afforementioned...
    with both sides of the "argument" or discussion...

2 me its all about the person u are...
    u should have at least a general understanding of what you advocate
    and the messages which represent u through symbols on clothing....

i guess this can even be a reflection of how u approach life and how important you consider your existence...

some dont take life that serious, or themselves really 4 that matter...
    so they may just follow ever-changing trends...

but sum ppl. endorse views/perspectives through their clothing style and the symbols
    they wear...

the media seems many times to turn real struggles and events in
    history past&present
    (& the symbols that represnt them)
    into caricatures or exaggerations that distort those images,events, figures, symbols,
    which devalues their importance and reduces it in the eyes of the mass
    public
    to merely popular culture or trend, or reggae, or dread, rastas...

though improbable by 2days standards (ego=good/success),

i would think u would want to know the real meaning of the symbols
    that u represent and represent u when u wear them...

i would hope most would want to be taken seriously and
    seen as a credible person...not another ignorant follower...

or....
    i guess since u must walk in line,
    ur gonna have to follow sum ass along the way,
    right..?:poke:

WE have the right 2 wear whatever we pleez,
    and be apathetic and culturally/historically ignorant of the
    symbols we promote though they have direct correlations to
    modern-day struggles!!!
    Yay!!?!!

:rolleyes:

14. +1 for use of bold lettering!!

15. its kind of cliche but whatever.

16. If I can walk around in drag, then why can't you wear rasta colours? Keep in mind that you'll be telling the world your a toker with your rags, might not be an issue but some like to keep their private shit private.

17. its just colors man.... u dont ask if i can wear any other color so wats the big deal its just clothes ur paying for them so y should someone give u permission to spend ur own money........... DUMB QUESTION OP..

18. I'm not trying to make fun of Solja, but this shit gets me everytime....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBcjZAKBJo]YouTube - Half baked "Mr. Nice Guy"[/ame]

19. Hahaha nice.

I mean, I'm not trying to make fun of him either (as I said), it's just incredibly hard to read his posts...and I would like to read his posts, because it seems that he has a differing opinion about this than the rest of us in this thread, perhaps because he's Rastafari? I'm unsure.