Rare Bic Lighter Colors?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by stonedcats, Aug 10, 2013.

1. I'm not talking about BICs man, where do you live where bics are $.60? lol, I meant those shitty thin plastic see-through lighters that you can explode if you throw them on the ground hard enough

2. [quote name="mlgpro" post="19113762" timestamp="1386360547"]I'm not talking about BICs man, where do you live where bics are $.60? lol, I meant those shitty thin plastic see-through lighters that you can explode if you throw them on the ground hard enough[/quote]I don't know suggested retail price for a BIC is. I never went into a gas station to buy just a lighter. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The only purple one I've seen was one that I found washed up on a beach.

Haven't seen one since

4. I have a smaller sized pink bic lighter, it's the only one I have ever seen! I see the big ones here and there but this is the only time I've seen a pink one

5. I have one that is light pink with dark pink swirls on it. havent seen it anywhere else.

6. I have an all gold limited edition Bic and an iridescent one.

7. I've got these cool Nirvana lighters I got from the gas station

image.jpg

8. grey and yellow.

9. #69 -xx-, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014

I WANT THEM!!

I'll figure out how to post my collection here in a minute. I am constantly on the hunt for new colors. I have a standing rule that if you can bring me a color not in the collection, working or not, I will give you TWO brand new lighters.

As of this thread, most of what has been discussed is common. Current Bic page lists two series in circulation:

"Classic":
    Black, Light Gray, Maroon, Orange, Medium Blue, Dark Green, Hot Pink, and Purple.

"Fashion":
    Lime Green, Red, [same] Hot Pink, Medium Blue, and Yellow.

Of these, I find Dark Green to be the hardest to find. They are the color I prefer to keep on my desk, and after I lost the last one about a year ago, I haven't seen another. (I live in Portland, Oregon).

Additionally there are a couple new ones I've seen:
    Red-Orange and Sky Blue (much lighter than the previous, what I call, Light Blue).

Also, about 10 years ago, there was a "Pastel" series:
    Off-White (often used in wrapped lighters then), Salmon, Light Blue, Violet, Pink and Pastel Green.

Then the "Bold" series:
    Charcoal Gray, Dark Purple, Royal Blue, Dark Brown, and Solid White (also saw in wrapped ones).

So, as this is the first time I've actually thought about it and looked through the inter-webs for other Bic-o-Philes, I'm going to list the colors comprehensively here, for posterity and discussionary purposes:

*Maroon
    *Red
    *Red-Orange
    *Hot Pink
    *Pink
    *Orange
    *Yellow
    *Lime Green
    *Green
    *Dark Green
    *Light Blue
    *Sky Blue
    *Blue
    *Dark Blue
    *Royal Purple
    *Violet
    *Purple
    *Brown
    *Dark Brown
    *Charcoal Gray
    *Gray
    *Light Gray
    *Black
    *White
    *Off-White
    *Solid White

Plus, several very minor variations in some of these colors, all of which have different manufacture stamps.

Long story short, MOAR BICS!!!

-xx-
    http://s279.photobucket.com/user/djvendors/media/LighterWall_zoom.png.html
    And to a previous poster, I agree. Mini Bics don't count ;-)

10. I've always wanted a Carolina blue lighter. But not with the Tarheel symbol. Just the light blue color

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

11. idk about colors besides like brown. but i saw one with a pickle on it but couldnt get it ;(

12. I think it's cool to get white ones and get one of you're artist friends to sharpie all over it to make it look cool

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #73 SlightlyStonedSD, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    My homie joined a frat and they made him carry around a yellow lighter because they are the rarest.

Stupid and relevant.

14. Bics are fucking disposable who cares that being said I always buy packs with a gray or brown one in it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

15. suprised no one's had a lime green lighter. I do. The store by my house has ALL the bic colors. they have a shelf that has all the colors lined up from darkest to lightest.

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411333837.569561.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411333852.237673.jpg

Metal \\m/

Omega369

17. Kinda rare to see the lime green ones around here....only seen 2

18. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The ones I rarely see are:
    Brown
    Orange
    Teal/turquoise
    And purple.

It seems I always see:
    Black
    White
    Grey
    Yellow
    Green
    Blue
    And red. Which I don't mind since red is my favorite color haha.

20. ive got about 50 bics in bags...all colors. i only buy the weird colors/designs now. 

anyone else hate when your bic that has the sleeve art starts to wear away at the base? i use it to push the buds back down or to put the fire out in my bowl and then my art sleeve starts to come undone