RARE ANIMAL HYBRIDS THAT YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE EXISTS

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by trueweedsmoker, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Ah so you think a tornado can build a 747 from a scrap yard because math says it can by chance?

I see, I see.

Bring me a legit specimen of your argument, then I'll buy it. Bring me homoswinicus..

2. There is probably well over 100 examples of this being reported in history.
    "At Frusino a lamb was born with a swine’s head; at Sinuessa, a pig with a human head; and in Lucania,… a foal with five feet. All these were considered as horrid and abominable, and as if nature were straying from her course in confounding the different species.
    —Titus Livius
    The History of Rome"

Pig-human hybrids - Old accounts

Human cells can combine with pig cells. When piglets were injected in utero with human stem cells, researchers investigating the resulting animals detected the presence of cells containing the DNA of both humans and pigs (Ogle et al. 2004). In other words, pig and human cells had fused to become composite, living cells that were pig-human hybrids.

3. 100 cases? You mean zero with solid evidence, or otherwise out of the billions in that time frame

I bet you think those dudes on YouTube injecting jizz into a chicken egg saying it makes a humonuculous are real too. 100% solid evidence

You have shown that stem cells are stem cells, not much more lol. Congrats.

4. It doesn't seem to be as impossible as you think it is.
    Pig-human chimeras are being gestated in the U.S.
    "Based on interviews with three teams, two in California and one in Minnesota, MIT Technology Review estimates that about 20 pregnancies of pig-human or sheep-human chimeras have been established during the last 12 months in the U.S., though so far no scientific paper describing the work has been published, and none of the animals were brought to term.

The extent of the research was disclosed in part during presentationsmade at the NIH’s Maryland campus in November at the agency’s request. One researcher, Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte of the Salk Institute, showed unpublished data on more than a dozen pig embryo containing human cells. Another, from the University of Minnesota, provided photographs of a 62-day-old pig fetus in which the addition of human cells appeared to have reversed a congenital eye defect."

5. This is why I can't eat pork (but I don't hate on people who do). I feel like we are a bit too close to pigs and we can use their organs. Plus they are friendly. Once you have been friends with a pig, eating pork kind of will feel like eating a dog.

All this testing shit is kind of fucked. Especially what they do with mice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dam dont make it hard for me to eat pork again......thats y i get sick everytime i eat it

7. It's really a hard thing for most geneticists to look objectively at but if you do you'll find yourself down a long rabbit hole.

We all want to think that we came from primates only and that there is a real definite lineage backward to them. There isn't. There's lots of problems with the evolution. Nobody can explain why humans deviate so far in basic design from primates and share so many characteristics with pigs.

We don't even share blood vessel and fat layer structure with any other primates.

8. Pigs have our vocal cord structure. Primates don't. We have near identical kidneys and hearts to pigs.

9. That geneticist at the link I put up originally has been researching this most of his life. During his schooling to get his PHd he was really bothered by all the common traits with pigs. When he asked his professors or other students about them they had no good answers.

Later in his career his interest in hybrids led him to being research into the field. He wrote a few books on hybrids included one of the largest about bird hybrids in nature.

There's a certain line of investigation you follow to find hybrids in nature and determine their parents. When you objectively do this type of investigation on humans you can't help but come to pigs. There's too many traits that have no other explanation.

10. That is completely false. there were many attempts to cross turkeys and chickens, and they all failed.

HOWEVER, they can be crossed with guineafowl and pheasants. (chickens are a form of pheasant).

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. It actually has been successful. It's just not a really good chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How can your opinion on the subject be trusted with misinformed posts like that?
    Churk: Not for Thanksgiving
    "More than a half-century ago, researchers outside Washington, D.C., engaged in some creative barnyard breeding. Their offices were at the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center. And their goal was the development of fatherless turkeys — hens whose eggs would hatch without being fertilized by a tom. Along the way, and quite by accident, an interim stage of this work resulted in a “churk.” Or that's the scientists’ term for a hybrid that had a chicken for a father and a turkey for a mother."

Turkey-chicken hybrids: a cytological study of early development. - PubMed - NCBI
    "Turkey-chicken hybrids: a cytological study of early development.
    Harada K, Buss EG.
    Abstract
    Reciprocal hybridization experiments were performed between the line of Beltsville Small White turkeys that has been selected for high incidence of parthenogenesis and two strains of chickens. The eggs were examined cytologically at early stages of development. In the cross of turkey females X chicken males, it was found that both male (2A-ZZ) and female (2A-ZW) zygotes are formed, but the latter are much less viable and usually die in a very early stage of development. Besides the hybrid embryos, parthenogenetic-type embryos also were found. In the cross of chicken females X turkey males, no evidence of successful hybridization was obtained. However, cell division was initiated in 100 percent of the chicken eggs. This fact suggests that turkey sperm had some enhancing effect on parthenogenetic cell division in chicken eggs."

This has long been a dream of poultry producers to cross these birds successfully with viable offspring. Hybrids like this are not easy. Most are not healthy but you have a chance of making a healthy stock eventually.

The chicken is the one of the easiest if not the #1 hybrid crossing animal in the world.

The conventional knowledge about hybrids is full of misconceptions. Most people think all Ligers are sterile. This is also not true.

13. hey fam i heard that b4

14. Crossed animals are usually sterile. But nature finds a way

15. These are more horrific freaks of nature than anything I think, incredibly rare to the point of approaching impossibility. It's like saying, chimpanzees can write Shakespeare, without including the part of having an infinite amount of time and chances to write it lol. Or like saying you can cut through a railroad rail with a hammer if you beat the rail for a hundred years. That pig human hybrid is pretty damn disturbing if it's real which I easily believe it could be.

I wouldn't consider it a true species. Also these hybrids often can't reproduce as others mentioned so that pretty well cuts it short. They're mutants, products of debauchery

16. That's the standard view point. You expressed it perfectly. That's why hybridization/stabilization isn't an excepted theory. It's part of our culture to recoil from it. Evolution is full of holes by simply using natural selection as a mechanism. It doesn't bear out in the fossil record.

The thing is from our point of view millions of years may as well be an infinite about of time. You're talking 100,000 1,000 year periods simply for a single million. Once an animal that is viable is born from a hybrid it always back crosses again with one of it's parents and so becomes less of a freak over a short time.

17. if that were true all our weed would be hemp. Argument obliterated.

18. Maybe if you ignore possibly 10,000 years of human intervention in cannabis cultivation. It's not a natural product for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sometimes I wish I was vegetarian.

20. I don't believe it's the way to go for optimal health at all. Essentially you are an animal made of flesh. You eat to replace your cells. Why would animal flesh not be the best building blocks for the exact same thing? If humans were meant to be vegetarians we would have multiple stomachs or at least a different style of digestive tract, we are clearly meant to have meat in our diet simply considering our vitamin needs that our own body doesn't manufacturer. Some of the B family are very difficult to get from veggies. The absorption rate of vegetables compared to meats is probably less then half on average. That's why your bowel movements are mostly made of vegetable material. Meat is almost completely digested.