Rapid Rooter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bizzyninja, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Hey GC, I planted my germinated seed in a Rapid Rooter plug and I have some questions. I will be transplanting to a Rumplebucket with hydroton once my lady has a few leaf sets. Right now I only have 1 leaf set and the root shot straight out the bottom.

Now my concerns are as follows: How long can I keep her in this rapid rooter? The plan was to wash off the rapid rooter once the plant was big enough to support itself in my Rumplebucket. Is the root growing like this (see pic) a problem?

I taped the outside of the shot glass with foil tape to help keep the roots from being exposed to direct light. If the roots growing like this is a problem, I was thinking I could put it in a 2-liter soda bottle with the roots suspended in the water using an air stone. However if that isn't necessary then I'd like to keep it in the rooter until it's ready for the Rumplebucket.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I'd wait till you've got a couple of sets of leaves like you said, then carefully remove as much of the rapid rooter as you can and place it in the hydroton, big-root-down.

Good luck man!

3. Thanks for the quick response!

4. No problem man. I figure if I'm gonna read this board all day every day, that I might as well start answering some questions.

Dont you hate those people who always tell you to search?

The search function on these kinds of sites sucks ass anyway.

5. Yeah I tried the search function and couldn't find much on rapid rooters.