Rapid leaf loss - Cal Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Smokey McHerb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. I have two bagseed ladies at week 6 now and I suspect to be sativa autos. I have been feeding them sensi grow a and b at 75% reccomended strength, upped over the last 4 weeks from 1/4 strength.

They have been growing aggressively, especially since I added 2 400 watt halogens to couple of true 300 watt LEDs.

There was an appearance of small holes randomly throughout the plant. Then some brown spots spread random, not much development though.

In the last 2 days I have lost 4 leaves from one plant from the bottom most leaves. They do not get full light, but I opted to keep them during veg to maintain a good buffer for nutes.

I want to lolipop them, but Im worried doing so will spread the problem. Another user suggested cal deficiency but it was grown in potting soil containing bat guano, worm castings, pete moss, the whole lot, all organic.

The nutes also have some calcium, so I flushed the plants 2 days prior with tapwater - I didnt let it sit like I used to but I airated with a pump and left it on top of the dryer for 45 minutes. I used it 5 hours later.

Two days later I gave the plants a quick soak, let them sit 20 mins, then added nutes which I upped from 2ml/L to 3ml/L.

The progression has been rapid since I flushed the plant and I am not sure how to react, any suggestions on how to trouble shoot or resolve this issue would be greatly appriciated.. 20181207_195156.jpg 20181207_195259.jpg 20181207_194901.jpg 20181206_231152.jpg 20181207_195031.jpg

2. Here is a spot which appeared about a week ago Screenshot_20181206-231038_Gallery~2.jpg

3. Dirt is hard to diagnose.
    What is the run off PH? Should be 6.5 target.
    What is your water schedule? Do you wait till you poke ur finger in there and it's dry?

Now some of my bottom leaves look identical to those and it's lack of light down there for me, but I only run Hydro it's much easier, no guessing.

4. After studying the pics, I gotta go with a PH lock out. They show some signs of nute burn on the very tip edges but can be caused by PH also.
    Look for the sick plant guide it's on here somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had pH problems with them before, Ive been holding a steady 6.5 with them. Though I ran it slightly lower this time. I water them as need every two days but top off inbetween in some plants which get more circulation.

Should I flush and re add nutes? Since they have so many pistols shooting out now, I was going to start swapping to a bloom nute. Though I need a resolution quickly in the meantime :/

6. Heres what they look like from the top: 20181207_195011.jpg 20181207_194939.jpg 20181206_231251~2.jpg

7. Thats a sativa plant, and doubt it's a auto coming from bagseed, don't see any way it could be.
    Flush and lower the nute strength a little, it won't hurt.
    What is your light schedule?

8. I thought it was strange too, although this is what the tops look like: Screenshot_20181207-210016_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181207-210003_Gallery.jpg

9. Light is at 18/6

10. They are female and they are in flowering cycle.
    Can't figure how they are auto's unless their mother was screwed by a ruderalis male.