Rape

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mogwai, May 10, 2012.

1. I'm a dude and I've never been raped. I'm willing to bet it sucks though.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty serious crime. But one thing that seems weird is the public perception of the crime. Or maybe I should say their perception of reasonable punishment. I've heard countless people calling to kill or torture those who rape, but doesn't that seem extreme? Or is it just me?

I get it can be traumatic and all... but even the n I don't understand that. Maybe I don't take m ty junk seriously enough, but I feel like if I got raped it would be sketchy, but it wouldn't deeply scar me for life. Honestly I think the worst part would just be worrying they'd kill me when they were done. Of course I'm not saying those who are seriously traumatized are overreacting by any means, I'm just giving some insight so that you better see where I'm coming from.

I'm not asking if rape is wrong, obviously, because it clearly is. But are yo if one of those people who think rape is worthy of the death penalty or are you somebody who sees death or 25+ years as a bit of an extreme punishment?

I guess I'll leave it at that before I possibly piss anybody off further. I'm sure this is gonna offend somebody haha, though I hope not

Excuse my typos. I typed this shit on a phone so I'm sure there are a handful of them

2. Would you not kill the man who is was raping your mother/sister/daughter? You just don't realize the trauma it causes. Many victims kill themselves over it, so yes rape is equivalent if not more disturbing than murder.

3. [quote name='"Go Mean Green"']Would you not kill the man who is was raping your mother/sister/daughter? You just don't realize the trauma it causes. Many victims kill themselves over it, so yes rape is equivalent if not more disturbing than murder.[/quote]
    I don't know if I'd want to kill them.. but at very least I'd beat the fuck out of them pretty bad. I could possibly kill them if I were emotional enough thou ghost. I dunno what would happen

It would hit me as hard as somebody murdering them though

4. The thing about Rape is that it is an offense to a person at the most base of levels. It is a penetration (sorry, couldnt think of a better word) of someones personal space, someones "bubble" if you will. It is a violation of someones right to choose who is in their personal space, who gets to share that with them.

Rapists rob these people of this decision in a violent act, forcing themselves onto another.

I am not for the death penalty, at all. No matter what. Prison time? No, not that either. I'm all about therapy, helping people heal whatever might be wrong with them in a positive manner. So maybe psychotherapy, or at least some sort of therapy. I know that this is not a popular opinion, and rape victims want justice, I know this, I have friends who have been the victim of rape. But revenge and retribution are not always the best solutions.

So basically, what I'm saying is that I'm with you...sort of. I believe there should be a punishment, but maybe something different? There are a lot of people who won't agree with this, or will say I'm sympathizing with rapists. I can assure you, I am not. But maybe not the death penalty, life in prison is still a possibility, because that can be torture in itself, especially life in solitary, dealing with ones own thoughts for the rest of your life.

I'm kind of tired, so i suppose I'm rambling. I hope you can gather something from this.

BTW, recently started listening to Mogwai, Mogwai, pretty cool stuff :cool:

5. Its just the way some random mother fucker that you dont even have a clear view of, is taking an amazing, beautiful thing(sex) and turning it into his own demonic pleasure. Usually you are begging for the sex before it happens, but then its so sudden and unexpected that emotions go fucking crazy. Every emotion you can possible have is going through your mind at once.
    Humans are fucking gnarly.

6. Justice is just the modern version of the word revenge. I dont really have an opinion on the death penalty but i will say that people who do these unspeakable acts shouldn't be able to ever engage in those activities again. I guarantee you make that the law, you rape, you get castrated. I GUARANTEE you that will stop all rapes in this country within a few generations.

7. someone who rapes should be raped to the same torturous extent of violative acts! we as men should protect woman! thats why when someone goes to jail for such crime they get taken care of and anything that happens to them is good punishment! if something of that nature happened to your mother, sister, daughter, wife wouldnt you want that person to feel pain much greater than they could ever do from such an act? fox's idea of castration is good but should be more to the extent of complete removal

8. an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

9. [quote name='"4ganja2green0"']someone who rapes should be raped to the same torturous extent of violative acts! we as men should protect woman! thats why when someone goes to jail for such crime they get taken care of and anything that happens to them is good punishment! if something of that nature happened to your mother, sister, daughter, wife wouldnt you want that person to feel pain much greater than they could ever do from such an act? fox's idea of castration is good but should be more to the extent of complete removal[/quote]

Right winger?

10. I think you're just too desensitized to the whole thing. If someone broke in your house, tied you up, and then literally raped you for hours on end, you dont think that person deserves any pain or similar of that nature?

Fuck me man (no pun intended), but if someone's ready to defile the psychology of someone else for life, im willing to put that mother fucker through some pain. Guess you can't really comment unless it's happened to you, so once again I'm just on the outside looking in on this one (no pun intended. God damnit, maybe im too desensitized, cant get through an opinion without cracking jokes...)

11. Couldn't word it better myself. This, 1000x this.

Also, rape is torture. Any form of torture can just mentally rip you down.

Chinese water torture doesn't seem too bad right? "You get water dripped on your head? That's it? I don't see what the big deal is."

Well yeah, a drop of water never hurt anyone, and surely not a million small drops, but its more than that, you are not in control, you are at the mercy of someone else, and they are trying to break you, and you know it.

Rape is physical and mental torture for that same reason.

You want to protect people from suffering the same faith, and that at the core is what people want with trying to put a rapist in jail, but at the same time, revenge is pretty deeply ingrained in us. It seems almost like a coping mechanism for tragic disasters, to be able to justify what happened by saying something bad has to happen to the other.

I don't think it will bring the closure that most people expect though. I can't speak on ANYONE's behalf, but closure can help you move on, but it can't help you to ever forgive or forget what happened, and your brain is physically altered from the event, whether they accept that or not.

For that reason, I have to agree with DankDude on some other method to how we handle people who are mentally unstable like this. Jail simply doesn't work, and it only makes a person a criminal and labels them as that the rest of their life. It's not easy to put your life back together getting out of jail, and a high percentage of people end up back in jail after being released.

12. I know someone who was a victim of rape, poor girl never told anyone before she told me.
    She just randomly broke down into tears one night and was histerical, I would gladly see the man who done this to her out through a lot of pain and torture

13. Im not on here too often, but this has got to be the dumbest post on GC by far.

14. no, this is ridiculous. it's as ridiculous as the way we kill people who have killed people to demonstrate that killing is wrong. i mean how does anyone think that makes any sense at all?

15. I think rapists should be castrated and sent to live in exile on an abandoned island.

16. i know 2 girls who have been raped and man do they have lots of trauma. one of them tries to hide her emotions but i can see the pain, and the other goes in and out of suicidal, drug induced phases. shit is fucked up man, rapists deserve life in prison in my opinion. i don't care if it seems radical, and yeah i guess therapy might work, but i just don't feel comfortable having a convicted rapist living anywhere near me or my family.

17. Lol sounds like you'd enjoy it ((BAM!))

18. I would say most of the "rape" are fabrications with todays feminism.
    [quote name='"http://www.womenagainstmen.com/media/feminism-a-clever-disease.html"']Another common statistic is the prevalence of violence against women. When these are examined and put in context these are also found to be, at best, exaggerated or untruths (i.e. lies). For example, feminists allege sharp increases in domestic violence during major sporting events. Domestic violence campaigns during the Super Bowl in the USA are a well known example. Such deception has been widely examined and dismissed. An interesting article on this can be found at The Metropolitan.[/quote]
    Honestly when was the last time you heard about a women walking at night in the street and a rapist jumped out of the corner with his black coat and raped her?

Although rape is horrible and is very real society has skewed this definition so much it's rarely used properly these days (along with sexual harassment). But that's just my opinion, no need to get butthurt about it

19. There's this dude in my town who was just caught for serial rape. I have chilled with him a few times and he seemed cool. But last week i found out he raped and beat 6+ women and one of the girls stayed in hospital for a few weeks, shes 14.

I think he deserves life in prison because people like that don't change.

20. Rapists and pedofiles need to be locked up for life and forced to take hormone replacement therapy to keep their sexual appities down.

What is more sad than the victims of these sick crimes is the fact that the people who commited them were subject to some kind of abuse in their childhood that caused them to become seriously messed up in the head.

I take back my first statement about pedofiles, if you lay a hand on a child in an innapropriate way you deserve death. Rapists should take estrogen to make sure they never feel disire to have sex again.