rap?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by JonnyPotSeed, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Does anyone else listen to it.i like to get blazed and drive around bumping the system with some korn and kottenmouth kings in there to.

Peace

2. try bumping lil flip's underground legend while ur blazin a blunt. that cd is the shit

3. listens to Kottonmouth King's all the time :) I'm not that into rap, but KMK owns ;) it's a band where I like all the songs..

favorite songs i could remember right now..

Kottonmouth Kings - Coffee Shop
    Kottonmouth Kings - Good As Gold
    Kottonmouth Kings - Positive Vibes
    Kottonmouth Kings - Sleepers
    Kottonmouth Kings - King's blend

EDIT: but with the driving, I don't have a car only a motorbike so it's hard to listen to music while driving, but i like driving while high ;)

4. best music to listen to stoned:

flaming lips
    interpol
    jets to brazil
    euphone
    pedro the lion
    q and not u
    sparta
    hot water music
    (old) at the drive-in
    fugazi

no, none of that is rap, haha. but if you all give that a try, i'm sure you'd find some of it that you like.. flaming lips is really good for shrooming as well, for anyone that is into that. incredible.

5. tryin checkin out the msuic forum......plenty of interesting rap threads in there...

6. you want some fucken DMX - Ruff Riders Anthem some DrDre - Next Episode and DrDre - Still Dre and Outkast - Ms Jackson and some Big Tymers - Still Fly

7. i bump 2pac the most when im blazing, or any other time. his shit is deeper than any rap released ever.

8. whoever said those outkast song and big tymers must be behind the times. 50 cent freestyles, twista, lil flip, lil flip freestyle, koopsta knicca, three 6 mafia , camron , g unit. man like my signature says i got tons of rap.. over 2000 songs on kazaa i got like 80 or more lil flip songs and over 200 50 cent so trust me. i also got the stuff u guys mentioned like kottonmouth .. they are alright but they sorta sound like girls. bone is like them but better;) im getting these bad ass lil flip underground from sosouth.com go check it out and type in lil flip they got a lot of his shit. d-load lil flip ft g-unit - get dat money mayne its off da hook

9. yeah i like alotta rap, and i write alot. mostly i listen to tupac, talib kweli, nas, big L, eminem, jadakiss, styles P and 50 cent is aright but lloyd banks is alot better if you listen to his underground shit or his mixtapes

10. wut up bryan! u know i luv korn!

11. hell yea

12. TRIPLE SIX MAFIA there older cds not none of this new shit where all they talk bout is money where is the bud

13. listen to everything rap is the shit

14. Listen to hip hop with good base lines and turn extra bass on real loud. yeh. I like cyress hill - good weed related hip hop.

15. I like Cypress Hill, but rap pisses me off b/c so many untalented idiots are getting way too rich off of talking to a beat. they say the same unintelligent things over and over with ebonics, and that sticks in too many people's heads(usually kids/teens) as the 'right' way to act/speak. I realize most people just take it for what it is, but more impressionable people take it to the next level.

16. heh, rap songs tend to have heavier bass lines than regular songs... fav artists are:

Snoop dogg
    Dr. Dre
    Ice Cube
    Warren G
    Tupac

heh, some GREAT songs are:
    Ice Cube - My Summer Vacation
    Ice Cube - Keep it gangsta
    Warren G - Regulate
    Snoop Dogg - 2001
    Snoop Dogg - Gin 'n Juice
    Dr. Dre - Next Episode
    Tupac - Changes
    Tupac - California Love

heh, but I guess thats because I like rap when I'm high... Sometimes it's got such an uncontrollable beat ;)

17. yes, most of the mainstream stuff is crap. But thats like saying rock is no good because of Blink 182 or those other crappy punk bands.

Mixtapes are where the real artists can say what they really wanna say. All the record labels want to please the people, and for some reason the people want pop shit.

18. I agree, I don't even listen to the radio anymore to get my rap music. If you want to listen to some real hip-hop listen to the stuff being played at www.beatbasement.com You won't find weak emcees like Nelly or Ja rule being streamed on this station.

19. That was kinda my point. A lot of the stuff everyone hears now is the a bunch of people just trying to make money. Rock has its Blink 182s and rap/hip hop has its Ja Rules.