Rap sucks...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by illcid, May 30, 2003.

?

What do you listen to when your high?

1. techno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. rap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. alternative/rock/punk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. clasical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. jazz/easy-listening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. agreed, rap does indeed suck. i just don't see how its enjoyable. but thats my opinion.

2. ooh... new names i never even heard of!!!!! dream theater huh? i'll have to get downloadin a sample of that right away.

Yes, King Crimson, (some, but not much of) Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Hawkwind, Merillian, Can, ELP and many many more.

3. comparing one kind of music to another is alike comparing weed and alcohol. sure they might both have their bright sides, but you prefer one or the other.

now that that is said:

jazz sucks, as do opera. classic is cool tho', and so is some (*some*) rap. nu-metal rocks ass, and so do all dark metal orchestras. old metal music can take a bloody firecracker up their behind and blow themselves for all i care. except for black sabbath of course. if there ever was a band that was groundbreaking, it was faith no more. nothing else reaches them to their anckles even.

and would somebody tell fred durst to calm down. prick...

4. id like to see you come up with some good raps, most rappers are very talented song writers and poets. They also have to take those lyrics and work them into music. and most rappers rap about things other than how phat they are. If you look at underground rappers, a lot of them have serious talent.

rap is not "trendy music" and not everyone listens to the "same rapper", i cant stand people who are so ignorant as to say things like that

personally i listen to a lot of music...psychadelic rock/classic rock/rap/almost anything. I dont like country, but im not going to say its bad music because its about opinion.

The only musicians that I will call bad are artists who dont write their own songs.

lately ive been listening to:
    phish
    sci
    handsome boy modeling school
    pink floyd
    jedi mind tricks

5. dont judge music you know nothing about.

6. I like older rap like Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, etc.

7. I didn't take the time to read any other posts then the first... but I have to agree - I don't much like rap. I'm not one to bash it - but I don't like listening to it.

8. Hey,

I personally don't like rap at all. But that rap is "trendy" and everyone listens to the same rapper is indeed, a very ignorant statement on your part. I prefer true heavy metal that has actual bad-ass guitar improvision...not guitar wanking *cough...slayer...cough* Also, I find the whole nu-metal chugga-chugga sound to be repulsive... Peace.

-Timmy

P.S. Punk sux a fat one

9. lil jon? 50 cent? thats not rap. Thats mainstream hiphop. Underground is what i listen to. And I dont mean atmosphere and aesop rock under gorund, i mean underground like from MY city. Which. atmosphere is from here, but he is so big now

10. i couldn't pic anything cuz i like it all. but i'm really picky with the country i listen too. it's either old old country like don williams, shit i grew up with while my parents were gettin drunk playing kaiser lol i do love the dixie chicks tho. i also love jazz. been really diggin it for the last couple years. ooo i just like all genres of music!

11. You have arguably the shallowest view on music I have ever seen. That full bloated, blatantly incorrect, shallow and IQ dropping state you made just makes the music you like look bad.

12. Metal........ \m/

And to the guy who said jazz sucks but metal is good......
    You do understand that most of the metal guitar gods trained udner jazz musicians right? Jazz music requires a lot of skill to play. And when you learn jazz and can play it. That knowledge of jazz theory can easily translate into a shred solo. If you can play jazz well, you can play almost anything well.

13. Most of everything you see on TV or hear on the radio today sucks. Unless they're playin stuff from back in the day.

Whoever says Pink Floyd is boring needs to listen a bit harder. And I dare you to find me someone who can play a guitar like that. And I will agree that most of the music from those days still remains as some of the best music ever created. I'm not saying that good music doesn't come out now - it does... But it's not as good as it was back then.

Nu-Metal blows. It's fuckin pop for goodness sake. I used to be really into it, until I found out what real (and good) hard music sounds like. To me nu-metal is hardcore for pussies. But then again, that's just my opinion. It's what all the winey little gothic depressed kids listen to because they wanna be different than everyone else, and they don't realize that by doing so - they're exactly like everyone else. Sheesh... They should really listen to REAL hardcore if they want hard music, lol... And before the flaming starts for that comment, I was once one of those winey little 'goth' depressed kids who just wanted to be different and make a statement. Then I grew up :hello:

Anywayz, I like just about all types of music. Opera, Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock... Anything really. Yes, even SOME (not a lot though) nu-metal. I can find appreciation in all forms of music. Some moreso than others, but nonetheless, there's at least something I like from every genre.

14. youre a fucking duche...let me see you rap a freestyle like rappers can and think it takes no talent...and let me see you make a beat as phat as dr. dre....then fucking tell me rap takes no talent...your just a close minded fuck....

15. LOL man, I relate and agree entirely with everything you've just said. A wise dude said it best - 'fuck genres, listen to music'.

True that, man. Freestylers have a talent that needs more recognition, as does the rap scene in general. What pisses me off is the mainstream shit that's getting the recognition from the general public so much that they don't pay attention to the other stuff out there - take Tech N9ne for instance, one of the best rappers I've ever heard, and I'll give you mad props if you've heard of him.

I've got respect for rappers who put heart into what they're saying, who are real about it, even if it's the booties, hoes, cars and clothes scene. Good rap is modern, urban poetry for people to relate to. I've got respect for any musician who does their thing from the heart, and I can find something in any genre that appeals to me in one way or another. When I get blunted I can sit and go from Pink Floyd to Three 6 Mafia in one sitting, and I believe that people who can't find something they like in any genre either haven't lived, are fronting, or are completely narrow-minded.

That's all.

16. The variety of music used to be very limited i listened t classic rock and only classic rock until one day someone intoduced me to many different types of music via mix tapes. So after that i was a fan of justa bout everything with the exception of rap and country. Now every year where i live we have something called the mullet festival and at this fest country bands play and for the most part everyone gets trashed and eats amazing food and goes on cheap rides but one year i decided to take the whole thing in and sat there and listened country. now i don't quite remeber what band was playing or even what song they were singing but after about 10 minutes of it i found myself completely locked on what was taking place on stage i then became a fan of country. So then i was a fan of everything but rap and country but it is amazing what a four hour drive with constant rap going on two 12 inch subs in your friends truck will do to you. I voted for jazz/easy listening only because find that the music is not only good but that after about 10 min of listening to it i can be found sittin there knocking my head from side to side snapping my fingers. Country is still my least favorite of all music genres with the exception of bubble gume pop and fad genres but for the most part i love all types of music and respect the real artists. If this post was to indepth its cuz i'm blazing balls ahahah

17. the majority of rap does suck.. both comercial and underground. However there are a few exceptions. Immortal technique is truely very talented.

I listen to pretty much everything.. hell me and my friends even bump some hawthorn heights while were crusin around

18. yea i agree on that, immortal has some sick rhymes and speaks alot of truth in the shit he says..

but i dont think he has shit on pac when it cames to lyrics, alot of people only hear pacs shit when its his mainstream on the radio talkin about fuck puffy and fuck biggie, but he has alot of real poetry...

i like rap but most rap i listen to is either underground or old shit..

and i know homeboi got banned but in the 60's, how was rap supposed to come about in the 60's they were still gettin shitted on by 3/4 of the white folks and government..

but rap isnt as easy as people say, or else everyone would rap and everyone would be fucking rich, you gotta stand out from the rest and actually have good lyrics with good punch lines and you can hear the difference between a good producer and a bad one..

now after thats all done and said, i will listen to pretty much anything, that doesnt mean i know alot of music but if you got it and wanna listen to it, i will atleast check it out in a non-biased way

i think alot of people listen to rap in a biased way and hate it before they even listen to it, or any other genre of music for that

i thnk people think rap is all about lil jon and shit like that, but i dont like lil jon that much... his beats are tight but he cant rap for shit and screams dumb shit for like 1-2mins on a song continously... thats the type of music to get krunk in the club and start a fight and fuck everyone elses mood up whos just trying to chill and talk to some females

but ill forever bang the screwed up click

19. I was never into pac and ive heard ALOT of his stuff. What do you think of Sage Francis? not the greatest lyrics but its very unique.

Non-phixion is ok in small doses and as far as manstream, i like Cypress Hill, Canibus, Lil Wyte and Talib Kweli

20. you ever heard aesop rock, i havent heard much from him but i think hes pretty good...

or jedi mind tricks, his stuff is alright more funny than anything(rise of the machines) funny song at the beginning, but got some real lyrics

sage francis, what ive heard so far i havent liked, but thats just me (got any suggestions?) song wise

you like screwed music?