RaP BATTLE TOURNAMENT SIGN-UPs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Glock Coma, Jan 26, 2012.

1. #1 Glock Coma, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    I WILL BE USING SKIES TEMPLATE BUT SOME OF THE RULES WILL BE CHANGED. MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM BEFORE SIGNING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Reigning Champ
    sirbagel

DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU'VE READ ALL THE RULES AND ARE AN ACTIVE GC MEMBER (YOU NEED TO CHECK ON THIS THREAD AT LEAST ONCE A DAY TO KEEP UP WITH THE TOURNEY ONCE IT STARTS)
    if you want in, say so. looking for 16 contestants, and if we get more than 16 sign-ups, i'll host a preliminary round to narrow it down to 16.

RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE AS FOLLOWS!

From the time each round starts - contestants have 24 hours to check-in (just find the thread made specifically for your battle, and post "CHECK!" in it

As soon as both people are checked in - You have 24 hrs from the second check in to post your verses for the 1st round, then 12 hrs after the 1st verses are posted to write your 2nd round. The battler who posted their verse first will go third, and the person who went second will finish off the 4 verses by dropping their last verse. ***No dropping 2 verses in a row.***

All 4 verses will have a limit of 10 lines. There will be a minimum limit of 7. So write 7-10 lines for each verse.

Once all 4 verses are dropped, i'll let voting go for 24 hours. so each round will take a maximum of 4 days. i know it's not ideal cause people wanna flow but it works out smoother this way

How my version differs from Skies version is mainly the 2 round aspect. In Skies tourney, feeding/flipping was banned. In this tourney it will be encouraged.

When writing your verses consider the following:
    NO RECYCLING
    NO SWAYING
    NO BITING
    NO BITCHING

all will result in automatic DQ

Recycling

Recycling is reusing your own past lyrics/concepts in newer material.

Swaying

Persuading voters or would be voters that a verse is better than and/or deserving the votes in comparison to the opposition. Swaying can also be done by talking down on a verse or pointing out its flaws.

Examples of swaying:

"I keyed my verse in like 15 minutes but it took him HOURS to make his." (This doesn't matter. As long as it's in before the deadline the time used to make the verse is irrelevant)

Biting

Biting is using other people's lyrics and passing them off as your own.

Bitching

Talking shit outside of the verses is a no-go. You can hype up the battle with some "im going to destroy you" remarks, but keep all the aggression in your verses. Complaining about a certain line your opponent dropped just because you dont like it is also frowned upon, unless you're pointing out a line that was stolen.

VOTING
    A vote can be made by any member of grasscity, but it must be justified. Try to explain why battler A won over battler B. I will not accept votes that are like the one below...

"I think battler A won, peace."

If you can't come up with a way to explain, try using the format below and fill out who you thought was stronger in each category.

I want nice, explained votes for this tourney. its been a problem in the past.

LINKS TO ALL BATTLES WILL BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD AS WELL AS UPDATES ON THE STATUS OF EACH BATTLE

HaOsLsE
    cityboy2
    sirbagel
    Nicnacs
    Senseless
    Bunnyrabbitz
    voorhee
    t-3
    SmokeyH
    snakeongrasss
    UpFromTheSkies
    Kushmoke
    PPH
    BrickShitHouse
    Colostomy Bag
    Junior DANK

2. Siiiiiiiiiiign me up

3. ill sign up. but the flipping change seems unfair cuz who ever goes first will be at an unfair advantage

4. I'll flip a coin to see who goes first in the first round, then the person who gets the most votes in the previous round has to go first in the later rounds? IDK. If it seems unfair shoot some ideas to make it fair.

5. its your tournament but it just seems who ever does go first will have a disadvantage cuz his opponent can just flip his whole round. i think it would be more fair just to keep it the way it was

6. I've seen a lot of cats in the rap battle anyone? topic that have had successful flips and i'd just like to try it and see if the same would happen here..

Maybe I should limit the amount of flips to 2-3? I know what your saying if your opponent flips your whole round you'll have nothing to flip. I'll take suggestions in the coming days and see what'll work.

7. even 1 flip in it self can sway the voting because if u land a nice rebuttle its gonna trump whatever the other person says and since we cant really freestyle live they can have plenty of time to think abbout it

8. #8 Glock Coma, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    Thats why you have a 2nd verse so you can hit them back harder...

9. oh ok are we changing who goes first for the second verse? sorry i didnt read that part

10. #11 Glock Coma, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012

Yeah thats the point.. The person who goes first gets to read the reply to their verse, and get their 2nd round in with their flips for the 3rd verse. Then the person who went 2nd finishes off the 4 verses by going last.

Sorry for the confusion.
    EDIT - I clarified it in the rules a little better.. hopefully everyone understands what im tryin to do here.

11. i'm in.
    but,
    i think i'm about to make my own tourney.
    these set of rules and guidelines make rap seem .. limited.

12. U talkin bout the 10 line limit for each verse?

Its 2 rounds.. I made it that way since no one would have to write so much. Skies 1 round format was 16 lines so in a way this has more then that. The rules really aren't hard to follow... Just show up and write your shit.

13. Hey yo pimp cuh what it does mayne get me in dis shit right hurr my nukkah.

14. Good amount of sign-ups for the first day.. keep em comin =P

Not a lot of vets from last tourney so far though

15. By the way, do not schedule my battle for this weekend, I have plans.

16. We'll start it probably Sunday. I know everyone has shit to do on Fridays and Saturdays so maybe Sunday would be the best time to kick the 1st round off.

I hope the 2 round thing aint scarin the vets away.. i know its different but I wanted to try somethin new =l.. If it doesnt work i'll be the first one to call myself an idiot

17. ill sign up and i assume we are finally allowed to flip? i hated not being able to flip in skies battles.