RAP BATTLE TOuRNAMENT #5

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Fresh Error, May 2, 2011.

1. DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU'VE READ ALL THE RULES AND ARE AN ACTIVE GC MEMBER (YOU NEED TO CHECK ON THIS THREAD AT LEAST ONCE A DAY TO KEEP UP WITH THE TOURNEY ONCE IT STARTS)
    if you want in, say so. looking for 16 contestants, and if we get more than 16 sign-ups, i'll host a preliminary round to narrow it down to 16.

RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE AS FOLLOWS!

From the time each round starts - contestants have 24 hours to check-in (just find the thread made specifically for your battle, and post "CHECK!" in it
    As soon as both people are checked in - you have 24 hours to drop your verses (16 lines).
    Once both verses are dropped, i'll let voting go for 24 hours. so each round will take a maximum of 3 days. i know it's not ideal cause people wanna flow but it works out smoother this way

When writing your verses consider the following:
    NO FEEDING/FLIPPING
    NO RECYCLING
    NO SWAYING
    NO BITING

definitions can be found below. all will result in automatic DQ. and i aint talkin bout Dairy Queen [​IMG]

Feeding / Flipping

Feeding is using part(s) of your opponent's verse in your verse against them. Flipping is using part(s) of your opponent's verse and "spinning" off of it. Anything that resembles the above two is included and is not allowed. Will result in a DQ if opponent wishes.

Example:
    if i had this in my verse:
    "i'm like a bike with no bars - can't handle this!
    steady bringin that fire like candle wicks!
    "

my opponent couldn't respond with this in his verse:
    yeah you're like a bike with no bars! YOU GOT NO BARS!
    i'm fly like birdies and you aint SHOT NO PARS!

Recycling

Recycling is reusing your own past lyrics/concepts in newer material.

Swaying

Persuading voters or would be voters that a verse is better than and/or deserving the votes in comparison to the opposition. Swaying can also be done by talking down on a verse or pointing out its flaws.

Examples of swaying:

"I keyed my verse in like 15 minutes but it took him HOURS to make his." (This doesn't matter. As long as it's in before the deadline the time used to make the verse is irrelevant)

Biting

Biting is using other people's lyrics and passing them off as your own.

VOTING:
    Voting will be explained in the original post of all battle threads. Everyone's votes will be counted as long as they follow the voting protocol.

LINKS TO ALL BATTLES WILL BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD AS WELL AS UPDATES ON THE STATUS OF EACH BATTLE

2. set me up homie, maybe everyone should post a picture of themselves and their name for the battles?

3. nah..not really feelin that. white kids.. fat kids.. ugly kids.. skinny kids.. poser kids.. lol ive heard enough disses about somebodys looks in regular cyphers. since you get time to write a verse for this tournament lets keep it creative and try not to make it all about grillin the other persons physique. and i'll just say now.. ive been runnin tourneys this way for a while now.. so any ideas you guys have for other ways to do it.. i'm probably not gonna go for lol

4. word, let's get it going

5. Prepare for thread full of lame verses

6. Ill play

7. good post homie good post.

8. I'm in fo sho.

9. Someone battle me I'm vicious and malicious.

10. ay signe me up man. i got a whole gang of punchlines!

11. why do these threads always draw so many cats with almost no posts :rolleyes:

you guys are all in, but if you don't keep up with the rules and check this thread once a day youre not gettin in my tourneys anymore lol

12. I'm down, but it should be recorded so people get the sense of how it sounds, instead of just reading it in their heads.

13. yeah theres only like 7 or 8 people on the forums who are down for that so we gotta run it text only. ima try to get audio tourneys goin too soon, but theyll have to be smaller

14. When do we start?

15. o word i def down for an audio touney

16. when will the tournament start?