Random watering question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by N00bygrower, Aug 13, 2020.

1. #1 N00bygrower, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Hey everyone i just wanted to know if watering with really cold water (fresh off the hose) would harm my outdoor auto white widow that is on week 7 of flowering? As im starting to flush them Feedback would be appreciated

2. I think really cold water could shock the roots just my opinion though :)

3. #3 N00bygrower, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Hmm i appreciate your opinion hopefully more people can chime in

• Like Like x 1
  4. When my rainwater barrels are empty I water straight from the hose with no ill effects.
    Most times rainwater isn't warm.

5. I collect rainwater as well & then bring it inside until its room temperature then i water them. I am just asking as im starting the flush cycle & don't want to harm my plant in any way with water straight from the hose (which is really cold btw)

6. I watered for over a month with water straight from the hose. Mines really cold to still no ill effects.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I guess ill give it a try i heard using really cold water increases trichome production. Not sure if its true though

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well when you flush you starve them, so I would say that harms :)

9. I know that but flushing is necesssary for a cleaner smoke that isn't harsh

10. I live in a desert environment with temperatures around 100 Fahrenheit most days in the summer.
    My water comes from the hose.
    Our city water is from a well source and is around 60 degrees pretty constant.
    My plants love it.
    Who wouldn't like a nice big drink of cold water on a blazing hot day?

11. Where i live the hottest it gets is the mid 30's

12. 35 Celsius is a pretty warm day.
    Plants like cold water.
    It keeps the roots cool.
    Cool roots=healthy plants.

13. Flushing Plants Before Harvest Is Unnecessary says Rx Green Tech

is worth the read

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I've seen vids where people pile ice around the base of the plant and let it melt. They had reasons, but I really paid no attention to exactly why. I don't think your water is quite that cold, but again they weren't using gallons at a time either. My tap water gets extremely cold after about 40 seconds so I understand your concern, lol, would concern me too. I still use day old room temp water for everything. Old habits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. People use ice like that to make the plant turn purple and red.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. I see a slight bit of purpling on my leaves here & there idk why though white widow doesn't change color..... does it?

17. #18 MrFooey, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    It could.
    Depends on genetics.
    Some plants turn easily
    A sudden 20 degree drop can make some plants start producing anthocyanins.
    Sugars to protect the plant from freezing
    Or just regulate physiological temperatures.
    So its possible to produce purple and red colors in the finished flower.
    But most colors produced this way will translate mostly to leafy vegetative growth.
    And trimed off to make for better bag appeal.

• Informative Informative x 1