Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Random thought

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GanjaFallout, Sep 2, 2013.

1. #1 GanjaFallout, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    I just thought could there be any benefit to adding hemp seed ( or hemp nut or hemp oil) to a coconut oil before you begin the process of extracting cannabinoids via heating like you would lecithin ?

2. I dont think so, your just mixing two fat sources together, I don't see how it would help absorption. Id stick with just the coconut oil and lecithin, it never fails me.

3. #3 GanjaFallout, Sep 2, 2013
    I thought maybe it would increase bioavailability I read it's a very bioavailabile seed even more so than flaxseeds and I forgot the name of the other seeds I'll find a link http://www.rawpower.com.au/articles/all_about_hemp_seed.htmWrote something else but it got deleted when I edited the post and added the link what o wrote before was better but it was awhile back so I tried to write what I could remember, I am tired and sick so its not spot onI feel like there's some sort of natural bond between marijuana and humans like it's evolved to be around and used by us. Even its seeds are quite bioavailabile to humans. So I thought maybe it could replicate the behavior of lecithin but I don't have any knowledge on lecithins role in bioavailability. It seems like a cool idea, seeds of the plant helping to further cannaoil

4. Maybe badkitty can chyme in she knows much more about the edibles then I do, maybe try this with a batch with and one without and test them side by side.

5. #5 GanjaFallout, Sep 2, 2013
    I wouldn't mind trying if had access to hemp seeds, I have no way to use them as hemp is heavily regulated where I am living sadly tho if I get the opportunity I'll try

6. hemp seeds should be available in many health food stores, hemp oil as well

7. Wait your not in the USA?

8. #8 GanjaFallout, Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah, Australia, read laws are tough awhile back but I should double check tho who knows law may have changedSent from my LT26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I double checked with laws in my area it's a schedule 1 drug (we call it 9 opposite to the USA) shame, I wouldn't mind eating some hemp seeds, really healthy and good protein