Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Random Testing

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nomaska, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Hello,

I just recently got a job offer and was informed I'd be required to pass a test. Not worried about it as it's a mouth swab and I haven't indulged in two weeks in order to be prepared.

However it is for Fred Meyer's, asset protection. I was informed that regardless of the fact that marijuana is legal in my state, it's a big no no and was curious as to whether or not there is a risk of me being randomed simply due to the fact that it is a legal state and because I am dealing with security.

Do you guys believe that I will be randomed for those reasons? Or do you think that once I pass the first one, so long as I do not come to work under the influence, get injured, or even mention the stuff I will not be randomed? I'd like to get back into my favorite pastime, but obviously having a job comes first and I'd prefer to be prepared ahead of time so that it isnt a shock.

2. Read your employment contract. It will state what rights you are basically signing away to work there. Also, I’m guessing some current or former employee has posted about it on glass door.
    But each state also varies for what and how you can terminate people from their jobs. Some can fire you outright, others are required to offer you treatment first and jump through a lot of hoops, some of which will be modified by your contract and can also vary by the size of the company. It gets complicated. Good luck, and I hope you land the job and love it!