Random Seed Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by fuckinpaulie, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I have seeds from the various strains of marijuana I've consumed. After the initial 5 days of germination here's day 2 under lights

Attached Files:

2. Is this normal or should I worry?

Attached Files:

3. What lights? It's stretching too much, move the light(s) closer.

4. I don't think it's over stretching, It's in a grow box with 6 18'' fluorescent lights. All 3 plants are only 2" or so away from the lights

Attached Files:

5. What are the watts and lumens? My seedlings stop at 1" above soil and that's where they start growing. From the pic yours looks closer to 3". Maybe they aren't stretching but it looked like it to me.

6. #6 KillerKush87, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    Interesting setup though. Never seen one like that! You have any lights on top of them or are they all on the side?

7. There's just 4 cups 3 have sprouted out of the soil the last one just cracked yesterday. There 40 watt's 125 lumens each. Thats over 700 lumens in under one sq ft.

8. Yeah man try to get some more powerful lights on top. 700 is not CLOSE to where you want to be. Looks very dark in there and the plants are definitely stretching a bit. I'm just throwing out a ballpark estimate but for three plants in that area you would want over 10,000 lumens at least. I mean my MH light puts 70,000-ish lumens at 600 watts. And that's for 2 plants. I also have 2 100 watt CFL's. 80,000 lumens in my little 3x3 ft box

9. You could even get some CFL's to hang over top. 6500k maybe a few 23w ones or the 42's, 55's.. Whatever you find but if lower watts you may want a few. Generally with floros you shoot for at least 100 watts (actual) per plant. That number can vary but it would definitely help.

10. Big issue is money and it was a grow box a friend used until he made enough to get better lights. I have $70 to work with right now lol =\

11. Well, CFL's are decently cheap. I made a homemade reflector for less than $10. There are videos on YouTube explaining how to do it. $20 can help a ton with extra lights. Those things are going to be tall and skinny without extra lights!

12. So I lied about those lumens lol I looked up the light models cause i wasn't sure but each light is 2300 lumens. That aside I have ordered a bunch of new stuff and I'll start a brand new fresh grow while these work out.

This guy though, it's scaring me lol I have a broken plant :( right next to the light and his leaves keep turning all funny =\. All the other plants are normal looking.

Attached Files:

13. Very weird! Other than twisted leaves and stretched stem, it looks like it will be fine unless something else happens when it gets a bit older. Those are good for side lights but you need light above them for sure, you can see the one plant is bent to the side searching for the light, stems are too long, you will get more yield with tight nodes. Those are going to be very tall with not many budsites if they continue with that setup. Hope with what you just bought includes a top light, with that you will be in perfect shape! Good luck!

14. I just bought a 600 watt ballast light hood and hydro system.

15. Damn you just said the other day you didn't have enough for CFL's! That will be great. HPS and MH bulbs?

16. Yeah well I assume I'm going to make a shit ton growing and selling so why the fuck not sell things that are replaceable lol :D

17. But Yes 600 Watt HPS and MH with digital ballast and a nice little reflective hood

18. Sounds good. Next step, order some dank seeds :)

19. #20 fuckinpaulie, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    I apologize for the links buttttt, it's my notepad growlist, I see something beautiful it's going in my garden lmfao.

Tell me what you think

Also on that note, pot luck anyone? lmao