random questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gator01, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Ok I'm board at work. So ill post a few random questions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    • What is a good soil mix ratio? Im using a general sterilized potting soil mix. I will use perlite, Black Cow manure, mushroom compost, and lime. Im also in the process of creating a compost pot outside. The pot is 18” in diameter and about 14 in tall. Im going to compost over the winter (its mild here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State>). I have added potting soil, cow manure, lime, 3 or 4 bananas, water melon rinds, grass clippings oranges, and I think that's is. Anyone have experience with composting in pots or will it work?<o:p></o:p>
    • next question is related to nutrients. Can neuts be kept after a batch is mixed in water? Can it be stored and used days later? <o:p></o:p>
    • Has anyone ever used the jungle grow soils with fertilizers? I have used the JG mix without fertilizers but Im wary of using the JG with Ferts. Anyone know anything about this product?<o:p></o:p>
    • Can soil be reused and if so does it need to be reconditioned and how much of the old root system need to come out? <o:p></o:p>
    • Can a plant be switched from soil to hydro when going from veg to flowering? Would you be able to rinse most of the soil from the root system without harming the plant?<o:p></o:p>
    • Any idea how much growth I should be seeing during the flowering cycle? Im seeing about .25 to .5 inches per day? Is that a good growth rate? Keep in mind that I'm doing LST and I see that rate on most of the growth tips. <o:p></o:p>

2. I'm gonna answer as many of these as passable. Here Goes!

60% potting soil, 15% worm castings, 10% perlite 10% building sand and 5% pre-mix

It can be kept for a while but remember to shake it up before use... it'll remix the nute and air-ate the water

No sir, I have never used that type of soil.

I've heard that you can just mix half old and half new.

I don't know that it can be done.

seems like a good growth for flower but, im new so keep that in mind