Random questions: Ventilation, DWC, and strains.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RockThe40Ounce, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hey guys I am completely new at this and have quite a few questions I haven't exactly found the answers too, they're pretty random so here it goes.

The room for growing is literally a big right angle. So the further back you go, the lower the ceiling goes. Its dimensions are odd, 6 1/2 feet tall in the front, 8 feet wide, and about 5 feet long, no windows.

Soo, how important is ventilation? I was hoping to be able to air out the closet at night while the plants are sleeping. There is no other way I could vent air that wouldn't be obvious. I was going to place an oscillating van to circulate air, but that wouldn't do anything for its quality. Should I just give up on this spot?

Are there any strains that can flower in 4 weeks? I've searched but haven't found any.

And lastly, in a deep water culture are the roots fully submerged at all times?
    And how would you grow the plant so its roots would expand, water it manually while in the DWC?

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. If you can supplement CO2 with a burner or co2 tank, control the temperature to within 65-78dc and be able to vent the co2 clear when the lights went off - then ventilation during the day wouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise you need to get fresh air in and old air out of the room at all times.

Plants require co2 just as much as they require water and light - they need if for Photosynthesis.

I've never heard of a photo cannabis plant - not even an auto for that matter - that can yield mature buds in 4 weeks of the lights being switched from 18-6 to 12-12 - some companies claim there strains can do it in 6-7 but in reality you generally need 8-9 weeks for a fast indica and anything upto 16-17 weeks for a true sativa.

Plants will expand there roots naturally (mostly during the 18-6 cycle) providing they are given everything they need to do so.

Roots need air and cannot be submerged under water at all times - to my belief.