Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. I dunno, maybe hes referring to the Democrats talking about using a "National Emergency" for gun control. Are you being dense on purpose or are you not caught up on this month's rhetoric?

2. Agreed, using a national emergency to restrict a constitutional right would never fly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nope. Facts bro. You're prejudice is fucking with you again.

4. Gun control and gun confiscation two totally different things. We have gun control right now. Just not effective enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Maybe because its ineffective.

6. Ok, perhaps. No easy quick fix on this debate for sure. Though I will say and can easily post the stats where strict gun control law are in place, gun violence is down. Australia come to mind.

7. America isn't Australia. There's also no statistical significant showing that Australia's model has any effect on the already pre-existing downward trend of the firearm homicide rate. It does nothing to stop gun crime and only harms law abiding gun owners. I can't wait for this myth to die.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ok dude. Opinion noted. I don't want to turn this thread into a gun debate. We have several of those threads already. Just use the thread search. You'll find my opinions everywhere. edit: backed up by statistics and hard evidence mind you. :)

9. Don't tell me what to do. The topics in this thread are dynamic. Maybe you can show me the hard evidence where gun control works in inner cities with some of the strictest gun laws. Australia is a moot point when it comes to the United States.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ok dude. Then feel free to discuss it with yourself, or any other blade that wants to debate guns. I'm over it.

11. If it were up to me I'd have it so guns never existed in the first place. But it's too late for that, and I've learned how fun they are, so maybe we just need to make it more difficult for crazy or criminal people to obtain them.

IMO there is an easy solution, but both sides would have some disagreement, so it would never take effect.
    1. Make all firearms licensed, you must pass a test similar to CCW training just to own one.
    2. Tighter BG checks, including (but not limited to) psych and criminal record. The modern one lets too much slip through, or they can just go to an FFL dealer.
    3. Instead of fear-mongering and brainwashing, teach people how to respect and properly operate a firearm.

The problem with my opinion, however, is that I didn't PICK A SIDE, but rather took the best of both sides and made what I thought would be a solution. So of course anybody too stubborn to think any way other than their pre-conceived political belief system lets them, would dismiss this.
    Take it how you want.

One fact I am sure of: Three different people I went to high school with have already shot themselves, one almost fatally. If they had a family member to teach them firearm respect and safety, instead of acting like a gangster, that probably would not have happened.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shall not be infringed. You did pick a side. There is no compromise when it comes to gun control, it's always one way. Again, this is only something that hurts law abiding citizens and the people whom legally obtain firearms.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I made it pretty clear I didn't pick a side. If you actually read what I posted you would see I incorporated both Liberal and Conservative viewpoints.
    But that's why I put the disclaimer "Take it how you want" because I don't expect people who can't think for themselves to understand.

14. Where did you incorporate conservative view points? Are you talking about #3 because the first two supersede that. The point I'm making is that these "compromises" are never mutually beneficial. Maybe you're ignorant of the side you picked. How is this close to a solution when majority of firearms used in crimes were obtained illegally?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I don't pick sides because I don't need a party to tell me how to think, I'm capable of developing my own opinions.
    Did you see that part where I said guns are fun and responsible citizens should be allowed to have them?

So since you disagree with me, you're saying that crazy people should be allowed to have them? I hope you don't have kids because it that reality, they won't live long.

16. Again, you did pick a side. Teaching people to be responsible with guns isn't a policy, the first two points are. Saying "crazy" is hyperbolic. No, I don't think someone should be barred from owning a gun because it shows they have an anxiety disorder or have been depressed some time in their life. Weed is federally illegal, maybe we should make it so recreational and medical users can't own a weapon if that shows in their background check. I don't trust the government or any professional to make the decision on whether it's alright to take away someone's right. Maybe I didn't make the "Shall not be infringed" part clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

17. See now you're confusing me, because you're arguing to me, points that I already agree with. Not really sure what you're trying to get at...
    I'm gonna go now because I'm wasting my time trying to reason with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. You know what looking back at all the other people you've frustrated and confused, I should have known going in to this thread that I should have avoided you @Vicious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.