Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The evidence is very mixed on these claims. The study you cited is not only a UK study but it doesn’t really show much. More self identified moderates and conservative democrats voted for Bernie in the primaries than Hilary. It’s very clear that self identified labels such as conservative, moderate, liberal are used poorly by the average voters. There’s a lot of political research showing how these vague categories are often not good predictors for people’s preferred policies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I get what your're saying... But they think you can just tax the rich and problem solved.. They don't understand how much a trillion is... Times however many the country is in debt. You could bankrupt the wealthiest people on the planet and it wouldn't do much... this is why money doesn't hold any real value.. It's a make believe system.
    It just seems every state or city they heavily dominate, is the most poverty stricken areas in America.. Or the world... They spend money they don't have.. Then people bitch about how corrupt and high taxes are.. Yet vote Democrat cause they believe in "free shit".. Just shows how lazy and greedy the population is.
    Both sides are flawed.. But when it comes to economics.. Liberals are lost in a maze of spells.

3. There is no doubt that generation z is more conservative than even the baby boomers at this stage in their lives. It's not to say that they are conservative, but rather more conservative at that age. Kids are always liberal and most become way more conservative as they grow up. It's easy to be liberal when talking about other people's money, labor and time. But when people start having to meet a budget and pay bill's and the real world obstacles to their dreams and goals pop up they look at the world much differently. Its easy to say if THEY make 100g a year THEY should pay over a third in taxes, but when you earn it with your hard work and dedication and are struggling to purchase a home, taxes all of a sudden start taking on a whole new meaning. When you are saving on top of paying taxes for your children's education in a private school because the school system is failing you will start to view things differently.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Real, hard money is probably the single most important evolution in society that pushed humanity out of scarcity and made it possible for the division of labour and pretty much everything you enjoy in life. Money is not the problem, politicians controlling the money is the problem. Its politicians giving monopoly rights to a fraudulent fractional reserve fiat money system (which is not real money) that is based off of nothing and allows politicians to spend money that is not real. The only restrain they have to creating more and spending more is political not economically based.
    I do agree with your assessment of liberals and economics, but I feel conservatives are only slightly better by default because they believe in a less intrusive government domestically but lack the economic understanding and most don't understand what money is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #985 Str8Faded, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Money also comes with a price of "classification" and "privilege". Money didn't really matter until they started categorizing people into classes based on income.. Leaving people of poverty a "target".. Those in power target them cause they know they're poor and can't afford without being creative or criminal... Plays a huge role into racial suppression... It's why the drug epidemic is so bad... People seek substances to escape their pain and struggles.. And people sell narcotics cause it's literally they're only way to make a true support system.. Money doesn't exist cause it's simply a "privilege". but even those that have money, are still slaves. The only true people that aren't.. Are the few running the operation. But I'm sure you already knew this. I'm sure we're sorta seeing eye to eye here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. New York (CNN Business)Pfizer is planning to raise prices on 41 drugs in January, a few months after the company agreed to defer hikes under heavy pressure from President Donald Trump.

The manufacturer said Friday it would raise the list price of all but four of the drugs by 5%, effective January 15. Three drugs will increase 3%, while one will go up by 9%. The medications represent 10% of Pfizer's drug portfolio.

Pfizer to raise drug prices a few months after Trump complained - CNN

7. Do you support patients and copyrights? I dont but would like to hear your views. And if you dont support patients on drugs do you support copyrights for musicians? Does going against free market principles hurt or help?

8. I’m more curios to see trump reaction

9. we already know Trump is a protectionist by his tariffs, so i will make a educated guess and say he will side with Pharma. Then bring up the cost of bringing a drug to market and the need for companies to get their money back through patent laws created by governments, not the free markets.

Maybe just maybe he will let the drug companies eat the costs of r&d and the millions and millions in governmental fees they are forced to pay, instead focusing on cutting cost and government intervention in the development of creating medicine. Abolishing the FDA would be a great start and i have little doubt Trump unlike Obama understands this. Only Trump would have the balls or stupidity depending on how you look at it or him to take on big Pharma. The man is the Black Swan Teflon Don of politics and unlike anything we have seen, seemingly willing to take on anyone. The vacuum that will be left when this dude serves his terms will be devastating to the 24 hr news cycle. It will be interesting to see as the ratings drop who the media will villainize in order to feed the millennials fascination with the victimhood mentality and politics. They are going to make the baby boomer generation look smart when all is said and done. 100 internet bucks says within 30 years they will be the next self proclaimed greatest generation.....

• Like Like x 4
  10. The tolerant left... too tolerant.. so tolerant that they let kids change gender and pedos run rampant.

"Hey baby I hear the blues a calling tossed salad and scrambled eggs"

11. Who’s letting pedos run rampant lol? Dennis hastert fucked kids for almost a decade and the entire GOP ignored it. About the same level of child fucking on both sides of the aisle. Creepy politicians seems to be rampant on both sides of the aisle.

12. You didn't watch the video.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah. Everyone turns a blind eye to the crimes of their own political tribe. Catholics tend to turn a blind eye to all the pederasty, the US media didn't say shit when the DNC buried Sanders, Trump doesn't want to say anything Khashoggi's murder, the UK left completely ignored all the muslim child-rape gangs, talking about how what we sell in Norway pollutes the world is completely taboo -

it's one of the sadder realizations of my adult life that morality and attention to crimes tends to follow factions rather than true justice. Everyone's looking out for their own, and looking extra hard at the others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well that just falls back to the insanity of tribalism. However the video points out many disgusting people endorsed by the left who actively support paedophilia and are then BACKED by leftists for their views.

But you wouldn't know that was my point unless you watched the video instead of just going off my text.

• Like Like x 1
  15. We don't do that!.....lol

16. It's official, big tobacco jumps on the marijuana bandwagon.

Marlboro maker buys 45% stake in cannabis firm Cronos for CA$2.4 billion

Altria Group, one of the largest tobacco companies in North America, has agreed to invest 2.4 billion Canadian dollars ($1.8 billion) in Ontario-based cannabis producer Cronos Group – the most significant foray by Big Tobacco into the rapidly growing cannabis industry to date.

Altria also agreed to make Cronos its exclusive partner for international cannabis opportunities.

The entry of Altria – owner of Marlboro maker Philip Morris USA and an investor in alcohol giant Anheuser-Busch InBev – is another major milestone for the marijuana sector, coming on the heels of Constellation Brands’ bombshell investment in Canopy Growth in August.

Altria will acquire 146.2 million Cronos shares at a price of CA$16.25 per share, representing a 41.5% premium to the 10-day average price ending Nov. 30, the last unaffected trading day before Cronos publicly disclosed discussions with Altria.

That will give Altria a 45% ownership interest in Cronos.

Altria also will receive warrants, which, if exercised, would increase its ownership to 55% and provide an additional CA$1.4 billion in proceeds for the integrated marijuana company.

The transaction is expected to close in the first half of next year.

17. Found this to be funny yet scary....Maybe I need to start paying some attention to this Alex Jones dude. Thoughts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.