Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental masturbation at it's finest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I am having a hard time......

So, if humans and chickens don't display mammalian genes ext ext, then why do we share over 95% of the same DNA and gene alleles? I must be missing your point.....

3. Then just try to explain this one...... (a joke of course)

[​IMG]

4. We don't. Only primates and mice (and a random few mammals) share most of their (about 80-99%) DNA with humans. This is because they follow our evolution. It's quite simple.

We do share genetic similarities in the sense that many animals will have similar base pairs but their structures are different. Being carbon based lifeforms that evolved ftom the same source it would be weird if there was 0 genetic similarities.

However animals that didn't follow other evolution won't have any new alleles.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. I see so what you're saying is.... Trump is orange chicken.......

XD hehehehehe

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. This shows a little different story, but I at least see where you are going with it now.
    Scientists Map Acorn Worm DNA, And Learn A Lot About Humans In The Process | HuffPost

7. So how did the reptile thing happen then? Tails, hearts?

I thought it was only mammals?

Not fighting, throw me a link or something. I could waste some time on this topic, love this stuff.

8. I don't think you understand how evolution works, or genes for that matter.

Since we evolved from reptilians the coding for those traits can display extremely rarely in humans.

Just look up atavism.

The tails are from primates.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ancestry only works going forward.

"Black Project..?"

10. Yea, I have studied this quite a bit. As has any American right?

If you actually look at evolutionary lines, fungi are the most evolved on a timeline, and now apparently octopus are alien.

I admit, I misread your first post. I thought you were saying "only" mice and mammals. My bad.

11. It backs mostly what you were saying, as I said. However there are other species that carry more than 70-95% human DNA is what I was saying the article showed. Apparently some kind of sea worm is one example, however we only share 40% of a bee's DNA according to that study/article.

12. My fiance and I are wanting to take a trip to Colorado, so if you are serious I will definitely take note!

I only drink one beer, and they are available locally since they are brewed just north of me in Wisconsin, Strawberry Rhubarb beer! I suppose we have enough cows I can bring some grassfed steaks too.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. They may have large genetic similarities but.... hmmmmmm

I'm not entirely sure how to explain it. Genetics isn't my region, I deal with biological function and integration and marine biology.

It's kind of like legos, mice and humans have two matching lego sets, but the mouse builds a boat with a mix of red blue and yellow legos randomly. The human builds a house with mostly red and blue legos and a few yellow evenly, a bonobo builds it's legos in to a house with mostly red and blue legos almost like the humans but he put a few of the yellow bricks in the wrong spot.

That's a very shitty and underwhelming explanation of the DNA sequencing.... I can't explain it better.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Like genes can have a ton of similarities between species but they won't be the same ratio of one to one pairs....

If anyone can explain this better please do.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dude I'm totally serious. If you are out here hit me up and my door will be open.

Sent from my LGL57BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Does your area of Colorado have a fall season, if so when?

I thought about saving up to go to Anarchapulco but I hate all the visa bullshit harassing my right to freely travel.

17. You gotta expand your horizon Norse. There’s some great beer out there. Northeast is one of the best areas imo although I’m sure everyone thinks that about where they live lol.

18. That’s fair I respect the more pragmatic approach than a lot of ancap types are willing to engage in. At the end of the day I think you overestimate the ability of private institutions to fairly allocate resources. I think in many areas of life private insitutions are the most efficient system and do a fairly good job. But there are many areas where they do not hold up and actually are either inefficient (healthcare/police is a good example imo), unfair, or a combination thereof. In these cases I think public systems need to be created to adress these even thought they themselves may be very flawed. At the end of the day I think our fundamental disagreement comes down to our faith in market forces to solve these issues and I don’t think that’s something we can resolve merely through discussion (not that that’s gonna stop either of us lol). I just think you should be aware of Marcuse’s point that pure instrumental rationality can’t solve these issues alone. Even if we determine something through science the most efficient way to do something we still have to create a system based on our values which are not things we can derive through purely scientific means.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I just dont like alcohol nor to I like the flavor of beer, I only like this one because I cannot really taste the alcohol and it doesn't taste like beer lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.