Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have debated. You have no interest in anything conflicting in this regard.

I keep an open mind, I don't totally dismiss the idea of a creator or other intelligent life but I don't substitute belief for fact.

"Black Project..?"

2. Yeah, I'd honestly rather not watch a 2 part debate just to learn your thought process. Try to explain. If you can't be bothered because you've done it too much before, fine I guess.

3. You do understand that the timetable for evolution is greater than we could observe, right?

Also there was an experiment where the conditions of primordial Earth were recreated in a lab and the elements formed some basic organic compounds such as amino acids and simple sugars.

And lastly just because we can't explain the origin of matter or life doesn't mean that your explanation is right. Some questions we don't know the answer to. That's okay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Urea for a long time was thought to ONLY be an organic py product, recently it was discovered that it coukd be made with inorganic compounds. Even if science can only make the most basic organism it's still enough to evolve life.

As for the proof of evolution one has to look no further than atavism.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. What's atavism? Never heard of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Increadibly rare recessive genes from past evolutions presenting as dominant genes. Kids with articulating tails, chicken with teeth, humans born with reptilian hearts, people born with short thick fur over most of their bodies. Plenty of info out there.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  7. I appreciate the time you took in this post.

I am trying to figure out how to address it, I could go a couple ways... Much of your interpretation of what Marcuse is saying sounds pretty reasonable, but again, I think it relies on assumptions that I dont know have been tested. For instance, all of our observations regarding human behavior is from within the system of human suppression and abuse. I dont know if or to what extent we can extrapolate to an environment that would be radically different, which is why I am careful not to say definitely what an anarchist society would look like or achieve. It is possible that what we know of human behavior would translate fairly similarly, but I think it is at least as likely that people would be a different enough that we cannot predict how things would be. I also suspect that with each successive generation that lived in a radically different environment would continue to deviate from what we consider to be 'human nature'.

I could say a lot more but that basically elucidates why I am hestitant to really get into this speculation.

Having borders, governments, media, religion etc makes it so much easier to fall into group think and for people to identify as one thing/group and identify another 'group' and make sweeping generalizations about other people as a group instead of individuals. Ultimately I would like to see a world without such institutions of division, but I recognize the potential danger of flipping that switch, so I would advocate starting on a community or state level and working out from there. That was part of the intended goal of the Framers of the ConstitutionI believe, to basically have a union of states that were united in their principle defense of human liberty, and let the states figure out how best to implement. Instead we got the leviathan of Federal government asserting control over the states, a power reserved for the Federal government mainly to protect the liberties, not to micro-manage our daily lives.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yes, I understand the timeline for evolution..... You realize we can map that with DNA right? Thousands, even hundreds of thousands of years right? We can observe it just fine.......

Humans have been trying to recreate "primordial earth" in a lab, and have failed for over 100 years now. Organic compounds are not living compounds. The most complex organic compounds humans have developed in a lab is amino acids, which is just carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen atoms. Nobody has ever created life from chemistry, besides God of course.

Lastly, not being able to explain the origin of matter does in fact prove the existence of God. For no man has even been able to replicate even a single cell, let alone an entire universe. Some people just prefer a blind fold......

9. That has nothing to do with evolution......wtf?

That just means humans share many of the same gene allele as many other animals/reptiles/mammals ext. Gods building blocks of DNA are shared by all animals and plants. We all share at least 80% DNA with even trees. It's called the grand design.

I even believe when we discover alien life, we will see lots of similarities. We were made in God's image remember....

10. Not quite.

See chickens can't display mammalian genes because they lack the sequence due to them evolving from reptilian in to avian, whereas humans evolved from reptilian to primate mammalian to homo erectus.

Humans lack any recessive genes from avians because we didn't evolve from them and as such we will never display those traits and there has never been atavism in humans displaying avian traits.

So the argument that the magic sky god gave us all the same genes is about as valid as perpetual motion.

But once again it ties back to what I said, and that is anything factual that challenges religion or philosophy in the minds of the unchanging will ALWAYS be dismissed and written off without any solid counter. Usually it's followed with hostility or petulance as well.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think you forgot about Dolly the sheep.

12. Forget about Dolly, there are high end companies that let you clone your beloved pet for an (exorbitant) fee. They even began cloning primates.

Israel grows human tissue in vats for skin grafts and organs for replacements. So forget growing a single cell, we've grown millions.

Now they are growing meat in labs, I found this out because the way the meat is grown is not from bovine or any other animal cells making it not actually count as meat.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Remember this guy......
    image.jpeg

14. That's a different process but yeah.

And you know why that works?

Because we share traits with mice , would this work with an avian? Nope, very limited genetic similarities because again, totally different evolutionary tree.

99% similarities in mice and human DNA 80% one to one counterparts.

"Black Project..?"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Could you ask specifically what you want me to address just so I can be as poignant as possible?

16. Um. Your view I think?

17. Ill just pick a spot to start.

Things don't exist without having the prior potential or possibility to exist, so everything that exists was prior in a state of potential.

I always describe this using the simple sine wave for analogy, similar to how noise cancelling headphones work. Before the universe began to exist it was in a state of potential, like the picture, nothing (the flat line) is not actually nothing in the sense most people think, it is the potential for both opposites at the same time.

So if you take time, space, energy, it is merely an actualized potential, I.e. brought into existence. So before anything existed there was a state of pure potential, everything that can possibly exist is in a 'dormant' state of potential.

Curiously, this coincides with what modern cosmologists and theoretical physicists are suggesting. They say there was nothing before the big bang, not an absolute nothing, but a state of potential. You can glean this truth from many religious texts as well. I think the anthropomorphized God is a misunderstanding/bastardization of this more esoteric truth. Granted the truth lived on in the religous texts if one looks at them properly, so they are beneficial in that aspect.

If you want to delve deeper into this you could check out Thomas Hegels Science of Logic on infinity and being.

Science of Logic - Wikipedia

I cannot say I agree with everything he says but it is pretty beneficial in getting your head around these concepts.

If you don't want to read that I can answer any further questions.
    Fig30.gif

18. So... what is the purpose of this? What can you use this logic to accomplish?

Also, a state of potential is not something. Without anything tangible, it is nothing.

This should really go in the philosophy section.

19. You are right, the state of potential is not something, it is everything which is the same as nothing, I.e. infinity.

This infinty is the 'Creator' the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God that religions talk about IMO. At this level, it isn't a being, but it transforms from potential into being through the process of coming to be (per Science of Logic).

This this are your foundational belief you can (potentially) educe almost anything. It is the foundation for morality, truth, existence, etc.

20. You are hereby invited to my house for dinner, joints and philosophical conversation next weekend am2id I will take it as a personal slap inn the face if you don't show up.

Also, please bring the weed, a few good steaks and some beer. See you then!

"Let it be written, let it be done. Slowly I walk toward the fractured light."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.