Random Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honestly no, but my point is regardless of how ridiculous the voting populace is, they both keep electing morons that sell the country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Haven't seen Trump sell the country. Definitely a moron, but a patriotic one.

Vigilo Confido

3. I am withholding judgement, I do have to admit from what little I pay attention he does seem to actually care more about the country/people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Trump is old and rich af. He could as just as easily effed off and enjoyed the rest of his life with family and money.

He genuinely cares about Americans. There is no other motives.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trump's ego has no limit and he wanted to be president so his picture would be on the wall next to the other presidents for as long as there's an America. But I agree, he does genuinely care about America.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

6. “Trump wanted money. He got it. Women. Got them. Power. Got it. And it is clear what Trump wants now. Love. Don’t bet against him getting it,” wrote MacDonald, the former anchor of Weekend Update on “Saturday Night Live.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. There are those who love him and those who hate him. The people who hate him love to hate him, maybe he'll be satisfied with that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. One of the few times I could agree with Trump.

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

But hey, you probably still believe pencil neck and RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!!!

Fake news quote.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rachel Madcow syndrome.

Also surprised there's no Beto Male jokes.

Vigilo Confido

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's a good question artch but I seriously doubt if you'll get an answer. Someone may make some vague accusations but they will never offer any specific evidence. His accusers don't offer a rationale for their opinions, they'll say he's ruining America without explaining how and they don't explain how Trump wanting a border barrier is any different than what past presidents and congresses have done. They don't believe there is TDS much less realize they are infected. The media is basically brainwashing the uninformed with their constant barrage of fake news. The average person believes Mourning Joe and Rachael Mancow when they repeat the lies about Trump saying there are good people among the Neo-Nazis and Mexicans are rapists.

I'm hoping when the news about how the Russian collusion conspiracy theory started comes out it'll be a wakeup call, that these normally rational people will wake up and realize they've been had, that the people they look to for leadership and information have played them for fools.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I don't entirely disagree with you - I think a part of Trump truly does love America, and wishes to see it prosper and remain strong. Your point about the amount of abuse he and his family have needlessly suffered is spot on.

I think he likes the aggrandizement a lot, though. I watched the many first seasons of the Apprentice (not the celebrity apprentice), and they give an excellent insight into his mentality for the keen observer, part of which is certainly a drive and desire to be The Man. He enjoys the seat of power, and commanding respect.

A lot of good rulers have this trait, so I don't think it disqualifies him, but I think there are many more motivations in play than pure selfless patriotism. The left has made having that discussion really hard with their hysterics, though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Islam is the greatest disease to ever plague the earth. People confuse Islam with Muslims or Arabs.

No. Islam is an ideology of oppression rape murder and paedophilia. It's a plague that needs a permanent cure.

But by all means keep blaming the Jews who are maybe 1% of global population and have a bible built on merit and anti discrimination of both gender and race.

Yeah little outdated on homosexuality but that's not enforced in any way.

Vigilo Confido

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1

14. Now they just teach gender studies and feminist dance theory...

Vigilo Confido

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Being patriotic is just virtue signaling in its finest form. I could give a shit about what trump thinks about America. I still think he’s a shit president with bad policy ideas. He could love America like a fat kid loves cake and it wouldn’t change my opinion about him.

16. It’s a fake quote GW. That being said a very accurate fake quote haha

17. I’ve done this multiple times but I’ll go for another round what the hell. Here’s a list (not comprehensive by any means of trump policies I dislike).

1. Drastically reduced environmental regulations especially ones passed under the Obama era which were extremely reasonable. Things like hey maybe you shouldn’t dump a bunch of burnt up coal ash into rivers. Cut the mandate for car manufacturers to increase gas mileage by 2030 iirc. This mandate was shown by many economists to both benefit the consumer and the environment. Car manufacturers did increase the price of the cars but on average consumers spent less on gas saving them money overall. This policy benefits almost no one and will hurt consumers and the environment.

2. Trimp’s EPA has personally loosened rules regarding many obviously dangerous pesticides. They’ve blatantly ignored sound scientific research showing the harm of these chemicals because most of the people lobbying against regulation fund the entire Republican Party. Once again this is going to harm actual people and lead to serious health issues for possibly tens of thousands. There’s a reason people were pleading for the EPA to regulate these chemicals and of course the Trimp admin sided with big business over scientists.

3. Drastically increased the US drone program from the already insane levels under the Obama era. This program is not reducing terrorism it is actively fueling it. Creating an easy scape goat and grievance which extremists use to recruit. Additionally it’s extremely immoral. We know for certain based on great reporting (especially by Jeremy Scaholl at the intercept) that the drone program has an abysmal record when it comes to avoiding civilian casualties. We’ve actively massacred thousands of civilians based on flimsy intelligence. Yes the program has killed terrorists but for every two terrorist you kill there’s a handful of family members of dead civilians ready to join the next militant movement. Additionally it’s fucked up that we are actively ignoring the sovereignty of other nations and just dropping bombs whenever we feel like it. Additionally trimp has loosened the flimsy regulations we had under Obama which mildly reduced civilian casualties. It’s a terrible immoral inefficient way to fight extremism and trumps pumped it up several fold.

4. Trump’s straight up helping the SA government commit a genocide in Yemen. Trump admin agreed to hundreds of billions of dollars in new weapons deals to provide fighter planes to the Saudi govement and various missiles. Once again the Obama admin already agreed to give a 30 billion dollar weapons deal, which was grotesque, and then Trump kicked it into overdrive. We’re actively refueling their fighter jets in midair, supplying them with information about the Houthis, and supplying them with weapons. All while SA indiscriminately massacres innocent Yemenis. All so a couple assholes in virgins can get a little bit richer. Trump recently vetoed a bill passed by congress to end us involement in Yemen. Fucking disgusting

5. Signed Sesta Fosta which will do nothing to help sex workers and only make their lives harder.

6. Signed tax cut which wasn’t the worst but really not great either. Most of the actual cuts went to the wealthiest people in this country. Some cuts were made for the middle class which is good. But in the long run the GOP will use the increased deficits to argue for cuts to social services that will likely lead to most people in the lower and middle class worse off than before the tax cut. I mean I make pretty middle class income and I didn’t notice a significant change in my taxes. Anecdotal but a lot of analysis on the tax cut find relatively little upside for most Americans. With the obvious downside being deceased revenues and ifnrased deficits. Also the corporate tax cut and tax holiday won’t benefit anyone. Corporations will simply buy back their strocksnto drive up the stock portfolios of the executives and shareholders with the money they repatriate. Almost none of this money is actually being passed onto consumers in the form of cheaper prices (price stickiness ensures this will basically never happen) and it’s not being passed onto most workers on the form of wage or benefit increase. Wages accounted for inflation still are and have been for the last thirty years stagnant. This tax cut did and will do nothing significant to change that because corporations and wealthy individuals woll continue to hoard revenue for themselves and stash it in foreign accounts.

7. Trump like his predecessors has continued to militarize our borders and create super inefficient systems. We’re spending shitloads of money billions on private prisons to house illegal immigrants. All to do what. Stop illegal immigrants from using public services to save money. But in the long run we are not saving money in the current system of enforcement. Catch and release was far more humane and efficient of a system. The problem with immigration enforcement is that in your best case scenario you’ve spent a shitload of money to kick someone out. But in worst case scenario you’ve spent all this money to kick someone out who could have been a perfectly fine working citizen contributing to the economy who may come back anyway and start the whole process over again. We do not increase immigration enforcement, the problem is greatly overblown

8. Orange man bad. (A little joke for anyone who actually made it to 8 on my list)

9. Reversing Obama’s decision to stop DAPL endangering the water supply of hundreds of thousands of native Americans in SD and elsewhere.

10. Adding a citizenship question to the census which will likely lead to under counting non us citizens. For all you supposed constitutionalists out there this should be an issue to you as well. The constitution specifically states non citizens should be counted in the census for the purpose of apportionment.

11. Drastic reduction in enforcement of financial crimes. Trump basically hamstrung the entire CFPB which had returned billions of dollars to consumers after they were defrauded by financial institutions. The trump administration drastically reduced fines for banks caught overcharging consumers, lying about consumer’s data, and placing over the top fees without properly informing consumers, or one of a million other shady things banks do on the reg. Mulvaney and Trump’s lackey have basically gutted all enforcement actions and investigations by the agency. So the laws don’t do much good if no agencies are actually going to enforce them and hundreds of thousands if not millions of consumers will be worse off for it.

12. Pulled out the Paris accords

13. Pulled out of the Iran deal

14. Reduced the number of audits done on wealthy individuals and shifted the investigation to poor individuals. Any IRS agent can tell you that fraud is largely committed by wealthy individuals and that audits of wealthy individuals actually pay for themselves by recouping otherwise lost tax revenue. Auditing poor individuals is a revenue drain and finds far less wrong doing.

15. Increased our already bloated military budget by 80 billion dollars.

16. Has incrwase troop presence in several middle eastern countries while running on more isolationist foreign policy which was merely pandering.

17. The DOE is actively denying tuition reimbursement at an unprecedented rate to tens of thousands of Americans who participated in programs that were supposed to earn them eligibility for federal aid.

18. Moved the us embassy to jerusalem causing unecessary tension in the region. Also supporting Netanyahu and Israeli apartheid state lock stock and barrel

19. Increased offshore drillI got

20. Deceased regulations on fracking

21. Approved insane mergers that should have been denied by the DOJ. Obvious violations of anti trust laws such as Disney acquiring fox or one of a million pharma mergers that don’t make their way itnto the news

22. Appointing terrivle Supreme Court justices

23. Janets decision reducing the power of public sector unions which will depress wages not only amongst public workers but private workers as well.

24. The Supreme Court refuses to hear a case involving Wisconsin gerrymandering. Effectively approving of the obvious voter supression and undeomcratic nature of Wisconsin elections. Your talking a 10-15 percent difference between the popular vote and the makeup of the Star legislature.

I could probably list like anothe 20-40 policy positions I dislike about the trimp admin. Also if I was gonna do a list on rhetorical reasons I could go in the easy 100’s but I wanted to stick largely to policy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah, when I said that I forgot about you and your excellent answers to that question but I doubt you would have answered if I hadn't goaded you.

Reducing regulations did not legalize polluting streams. Some of your other points are actually good things Trump has done like his Supreme Court appointments. They are constitutionalists and the SC is supposed to decide if the laws are constitutional, not if they are fair. It's congresses job to write fair laws.

I'm not able to address each of your points but if you'll pick one I'd like to discuss it. I don't agree with Trump on all things and I don't think he's perfect. I do think overall what he's done has been good for America and he's done a much better job than I expected, much better than (Crooked) Hillary would have done, IMO of course.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.