Random Plant On Doorstep

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by friendly farmer, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hi there new to forums basically because I'm assuming my neighbor who is an avid grower, dropped a bucket off on my doorstep with two plants that said "got a late start free to a new home" so basically where I'm at is they were not doing so hot outdoors because of the sudden climate drop and I was forced to move them inside to my (4) 23w CFLs and (2) 100w floro tubes. I'm just looking for feedback and some ideas on possibly harvesting these tiny ladies. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411340514.299212.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411340533.282721.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411340549.167389.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411340565.735547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 CanadianOrganic, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    That's sketchy.
    I wouldn't even bother, you might get a few grams

3. #3 ItsSeedy, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Im no expert just a beginner, but from what ive read im assuming the plant is nitrogen deficient as the stems are red, you should get some nutes for it and keep it at 12/12 is my guess, could be wrong.

Nice of your neighbour to drop in 2 ladies for free:)

4. Yeah he's done weird shit like this before, so I'm no worried about that aspect, I was assuming nitrogen deficiency, but was skeptical to give it nutes and burn it. It's still on 12/12 and the buds look........decent for going through so much stress in such little time.

5. The pistils are looking fairly mature, if you have a magnifying glass inspect the trichomes to see how mature they are, we dont know how long its been in flowering and you dont want the trichomes to turn amber either

6. It looks done. Yield isn't much but it looks yummy and ready

7. Free bud is free bud right ;)

8. The one bud looks done but there are still pistils coming from the armpits and throughout the top they are clear. I will update tomorrow after I magnify

9. Yeah your better of inspecting the trichomes then depending on the pistils as they vary from plant to plant

10. I am somewhat familiar with inspecting trichomes, as I read many forums - I will search more, but what are some key things to look for? Thanks guys you really are coming in clutch helping me

11. If the trichs are clear they still need time, they are milky/cloudy when ready if there turning amber it means that the thc has started breaking down which will result in lower potency, also dont forget to flush the plant before harvest!

12. After I check the trichomes tomorrow and see where I'm at I'll start to flush. I'm somewhat convinced that it's atleast close to time. Only tomorrow will tell! Thanks for all the info!

13. Hey fellas quick update, trichomes still very clear, no cloudiness at all to my surprise, and along with that I have 4 new sets of pistils. The one smaller plant's leaves have perked back up and look like new but the larger one not so much yet, still a bit yellow and droopy. Thanks for all the help and advice guys! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411390854.951666.jpg

14. Your neighbors the shit.

15. #16 jumper420, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  16. You still got time after all, a small dose of nutes would defo help out the growth

17. That strain looks nice, let it run chop it down and reveg it take some cuttings and grow it properly looks like if grown properly will produce some nice buds

18. you may yeild 1-2 grams from that. No offense, but I am LMAO @ this post.

19. Do u have another neighbor who's a pimp what does he
    Leave?