Random pissed off rant of the day...

Discussion in 'General' started by pepto1014, Mar 19, 2010.

1. So, I was driving through my town today and I saw a sign on the side of the road warning you to buckle up because the fines for no seatbelts has went up to... GET THIS... $101.00 for the first one and more every time thereafter. So this got me thinking again, I live in the state of Florida and wearing a helmet while on a bike isn't required by law, so why the fuck should I have to put on my seatbelt. It's the same concept is it not?! If I CHOOSE to not put on my seatbelt and I GET in an accident and die, who is that hurting other than me? I don't see how my personal decision should get me a 100 ticket. That's not to say that I don't buckle up, I do every time I get in my car. That's besides the point... how can you require someone to wear a seatbelt in a CAR, but NOT require someone to wear a helmet on a bike. Considering one of the only things on a bike to protect you is that said helmet?! Anyway, that's my rant of the day. Does anyone else think this is ludicrous, or am I just bitching for no reason? lol

2. Well, there's really nothing to argue about. I mean, they're telling you to be safe or get a fine.. Why not comply?

3. Helmets -- like seatbelts -- shouldn't have to be law for people to wear them. Common sense says "if doing this is going to reduce my risk of death, I should likely do it."

And no, the government doesn't always make sense..

4. They make sense...

Look over on their side.

It's an easy way to cough money out of people.

5. Well, like I said. I comply. I always put on my seatbelt. I don't put it on because the law tells me to, I put it on because I choose not to endanger my life, but I just feel that just like with helmets it should be a personal decision. I know there's nothing really to do, it just annoys me.

6. I think people who don't wear helmets should also be fined just as much. Think about it. It would give the police something to do instead of busting down on petty cannabis users.

7. '

I never understood the no helmet law...

The only person at risk is the ADULT who CHOSE to not wear a seat belt..so fuck it let him do what he wants.

But I'm always pro-suicide. If someone wants to kill themselves..no one else opinion matters. It's their life..their choice.

I hate stupid laws like that..gotta live with em though. I can't wait to leave to leave this bullshit feeding backstabbing country..assuming I ever can.

I won't rant on too long..I could go on for hours. I'm white..and I'm proud of my greediness and ambition to an extent..because it helps me push myself to where I wanna be. But I also know how we stole this land and tried lying to cover it up..which is pussy in my eyes. I'm proud to have strong indian blood in me (grandfather's damn near full) White man may have amibiton..but they have no honor. Just a bunch of pussies tellin lies..

Yea I ranted..oh well..deal with it. :smoking:

8. shit ***** i never wear no pussy ass seat belt.

9. The police, firefighters, doctors and nurses at the hospital you are likely to end up at, EMT workers, volunteers, etc.

I'm sure they all have nothing better to do.

But I agree, helmets should be required also.

10. the reason isnt for if you hit something man, its so if someone hits you you wont die and they wont have to go thru a thousand hours of court time to decide it was or wasnt vehicular manslaughter, the reason motocycles n shit dont need helmets is cause reguardless of them hitting someone or someone hitting them, they are gonna fly off and get super ultra hurt and its NOT the other drivers responsibility if they get a head injury while not wearing a helmet, but if you fly out the windshield cause you arent wearing a belt and you caused the accident but died and they didnt, they may get fucked up the ass....its some govt way of protecting the innocent...which is RARE now a days! i agree tho, unless motocycles need helmets....seatbelts seem kinda trivial...in the whole scheme of it all....

11. Im sure they dont either, its their job. :rolleyes:

If the world was all safe and bubble wrapped there would be no need to have police doctors nurses firefighters and EMTs.

12. There are more cars on the road than motorcycles. Maybe statistics have shown that more people die from not wearing a seat belt than head injuries from motorcycle crashes.

13. Well, more toyota corollas are stolen in the USA than any other car. Theres also a bazillion of the goddamn things out there. Theyre the best selling car of all time.

Same reason flying is safer than driving, less planes = less accidents relative to the amount of cars on the road.

14. So what are you trying to say? I dont get your point.

Also, Corollas are not the most stolen cars:

Most Frequently Stolen Cars

15. $101 isn't that bad.

I got one a couple years back... don't remember exactly how much it was, but it was at least $130.

I also agree, that as an adult, you shouldn't be forced to wear a safety belt.

16. Seat belts also help keep you in your seat when going around turns and such. If you go around a turn and slid out of your seat, you could potentially lose control of your car and hit another one.

At least that's what my drivers ed teacher told me. Makes sense to, at least the last time I checked how physics work.

Where do you guys live that you don't have to wear helmets on a motorcycle? Its illegal in California to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. If you're 18, you don't have to wear a helmet on a bike. That's totally different though.

17. Oh, I totally agree. It's not that I have a problem with the seatbelt law, ok maybe I do, but I just think it should be both or neither! I don't think they should get to pick and choose.

18. #18 Diceman, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010

I live in Texas...check google if your looking for every state that you don't gotta wear a helmet.

Your right..bicycles are different..were not talking about them..so why did you bring it up?. As for motorcycles..did you just assume every state was the same? It doesn't matter where we live...there's no helmet law so that's that...

19. #19 pepto1014, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010

I have never once almost fell out of my seat going around a corner or turn... that's why they put the big yellow signs around curves telling you to slow down to such and such speed... it sounds to me like your drivers ed teacher was teaching the "scare them into being good drivers by telling them dumbshit" method. Nothing against you of course, but I've never heard that before.

In Florida the law states that if you're over 21 and have insurance, you do not have to wear a helmet if you so choose, now I think it should be the same way with seat belts as well!

20. ok . i didnt see anyones response like mine so ill post it

1) you dont wear in a seatbealt and get in a crash
    who is it hurting other then you?

who is going to have to pick up your disgusting pieces of severed remains on the road? be more considerate. would you like to clean a dead body off a road? thought so, so some1 should get paid good for this

it cost $$$$ to clean a crash, stop traffic and provide police/paramedics and whoever else needed.

frankly you aint worth any extra money. way i see it, its a way to pay back for these services.

what kind of flaming fucking moran is going to get into a "bike crash"

what the FUCk is a bike crash.

if you crash a bike then you dont have the mental capacity to ride a bike and should not ride one.

these things are easier then hoding my uncircumsized dick when taking a piss early in the morning.

only ppl that should need a helmet on a bike are people who like to do tricks/ride down rocky or steep slopes/ or people who go off jumps.

maybe the law is there for seatbelts to save human lives? cause it definatly does.
    so now use the thing in your skull, to figure out why the gov would want to save human lives.
    ummmmmmmmmm. k? you got it

anymore questions big girl, you holla. llmao jk:smoking: