Random Flowering?? Help Please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nhpothead, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Hi guys, I have two outdoor plants . One is Ak-47 the other is Tangerine. I recently went out of town for a couple days and when I came back my mom had moved them under a tree. I know that it probably blocked a few hours of sunlight from them for the two days I was gone but it wasn't very sunny anyway. After returning I watered my girls and as I was inspecting the Tangerine 1405888626257.jpg 1405888680664.jpg 1405888700816.jpg and removing pests, I noticed something very odd. A random node of my plant had just begun flowering! 1405888867653.jpg It's not even August though and the rest of the plant isn't flowering yet. Is this normal or bad in any way? Please help, thanks!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks like a preflower, so nothing to really worry about. I have a pre-98 bubba kush going outdoors right now that is covered in preflowers. She hasn't stretched though yet, so I know its not flowering yet. When your girls are in full blown flower they will stretch. How much depends on the strain itself. Sativas are known to be crazy stretchers with some that never stop stretching. Indica's usually double in size when they flower, but there are some that stretch so little it seems like they don't have a stretch period. Overall your girls are looking good

3. #3 Nhpothead, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks! But i don't need to worry about the amount of light their getting? I'm pretty sure they've been getting just over 12 hours for a while and now probably 12 or less. Is that all right?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That looks like a flower to me. As in all things, pot is a diverse plant. Lots of odd phenotypes out there. All you can do is keep an eye on it and see what happens. Daylight in Oregon is around 14 hours now, down from 15.5 hours in June. Plants are sensing this change and beginning to flower, some a little sooner and some a little later but it's happening. 

5. Its just showing you some girl parts she has a long way to go.