Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Random drug tests?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by POWskier, Jul 23, 2013.

1. #1 POWskier, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    I am going to be working in a sports stadium and helping out with anything that is going on there. I do not plan on working high at all. The thing is there are these random drug tests and this is what they say.

Random Testing
    Once a month, beginning June 1, 1998, as a condition of employment or continued employment,
    Corporate Human Resources will randomly select one team member within the guard card holder group (not sure what guard card holder group is but hopefully it isn't me since I don't want to work security) from each branch undergo a drug and alcohol test. The method of selection will be neutral so that all team members subject to testing will have an equal chance to be randomly selected. The team member who is selected to submit to the random drug and alcohol test will be paid at the appropriate rate for the time spent at the testing site.

Random Defined
    The random selection process is executed by Corporate Human Resources once a month. This
    process is truly random and is done by a roll of the dice. Each letter of the alphabet is assigned a
    number (for instance, A would be 1, B would be 2, C would be 3…). Once the dice is rolled, all of the
    numbers are added up. The number that comes from the first role is then transferred to the correlating
    letter. (If an 8 were rolled, then the letter would be H. H is the 8th letter in the alphabet). Therefore, the
    first letter of the last name would be H. The dice is rolled again and the second number would be the
    second letter in the last name. This random selection continues until the last name of the employee
    has been randomly spelled out. The same process takes place for the first name if there are multiple
    employees with the same last name.

Reasonable Cause Testing
    As a condition of continued employment, a team member may be required to undergo a drug and
    alcohol test whenever Staff Pro, or one of its clients, has reasonable cause to believe a team member
    is in violation of this policy. Reasonable cause may be based on any facts and circumstances,
    including the team member's appearance (gait, speech, eyes, breath, etc.), possession of contraband
    and paraphernalia, erratic or unusual behavior, involvement in an accident or safety violation,NEW FIELD MEMBER REFERENCE GUIDE Chapter 2
    Employee Policies and Procedures 2 - 13
    admission by the team member or statement of other witnesses, law enforcement and court records,
    and any other reliable source.

Conditions
    Team members who refuse to undergo testing or who interfere with the testing process will be subject
    to discipline up to and including termination. Team members who test positive will be informed as to
    the next steps including termination. Any team member who fails to cooperate with testing procedures
    or otherwise violates this policy is subject to immediate discharge.

Marijuana is legal where I am and I have a recommendation, so what would I still get fired if I was to test positive? The random test seems like a joke if they only test one person a month.