Random drug testing at my school this year...

Discussion in 'General' started by Newklear, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Yep, it's happening at my school this year. The WHOLE school is being drug tested randomly because someone had a list of people who did and sold drugs and it was presented to the superintendent. So I guess this means I can't smoke bud for my entire last year of high school? Fuck that bullshit.

Damn, it's not even a rumor either, because I saw it in the newspaper. What the hell am I gonna do now to stay happy? Don't get me wrong, though. It's not like I depend on marijuana to stay happy. It just helps out with calming me down and making me happy when shit brings me down, which tends to happen alot. Idk. I probably sound like a whiny bitch.

How is this going to even work out anyway? Drug testing a whole school full of people? Beats the fuck outta me.

Fuckin' schools.

PS - I don't wanna hear any bullshit about "im not 18" I turned 18 in June, which is when I joined.

PPS - Sorry if I sound hostile, I'm usually a mellow person. I'm just pissed off.

2. Can they legally do that? What if you refuse to get tested? Are they just gonna kick you out of their school if you refuse or fail the test?

3. God I'm sure glad my school didnt pull that drug test bullshit cuz the majority of my school smoked too.

4. Even if you do get tested, don't show them you fear the consequences. All they are trying to do is get the people on the bottom of the food chain to rat on dealers and such.

5. You can't refuse. You forfeit your rights when you walk through that school door every morning.

6. Yeah, sadly it's legal. A bill was passed in 2002 that allows random drug testing at schools.

And if you refuse to take the test, I think thats an automatic positive. That's fucked up. I don't know if thats completely right though, but im pretty sure.

And if you fail, then you're required to provide evidence of yourself enrolling in a drug counseling program, and your parents are notified. If my dad found out I smoke bud, I'd be FUCKED. Cuz he was born in the late 40's, when weed was considered bad. At least I think it was at that time, haha.

7. Yea, that all sounds about right, It's fucked but it's right. One can only hope that sometime very soon it will be legalized and we won't have to deal with this bullshit anymore. I'm so glad I'm no longer in high school. I love college. My math professor comes to class high every day.

8. Looks like I'ma have to start buying more benzos and opiates. Found a hookup that gives 4mg of Xanax for $5. I can't be takin that shit everyday though, it just doesn't compare to bud.

9. My school does this but only to people that are in clubs/ sports and you and your parents sign a form before you join. It is very expensive to do these testings so they only do it once a month around the same time. All the smokers at school knew what day they tested and amost all of them skipped.

As far as I know if you test positive for something they just called your parents, no legal action. Good luck.

10. Fuck pills smoke more bud. If you come up positive they can't fucking arrest you or do shit. And like someone else said, it's just to get people to rat out the dealers. If someone asked me to take a drug test at school I'd shit in the cup.

11. and this is why drug testing is retarded
    b/c only weed remains in your system for so long
    so it just makes kids wanna do other drugs that only remain in your system for a few days, and at most a week

this is complete bullshit

and other dude said it correctly, you forfeit your rights when you step thru the doors of your public school

fuckin bullshit
    this pisses me off

now im mad
    ill get over it tho

too bad for you, thats fuckin retarded

12. I believe they're doing this at my old high school this year....

Thank god I got outta there when I did. ;)

Dude, just keep smoking. They can't do anything but try to get you to give people up. They could probably search your house too, if they wanted to be cocks, but I doubt it'd ever happen.

13. Marijuana prohibition is causing people to start popping pills and opiates.

14. yeah sadly newklear, you are wrong. right, but wrong. that bill only allowed the schools to drug test for extra curicular activities.

its not constitutional for a school to force you to take a drug test without actual evidence, thats a violation of privacy. the reason they are doing this is to scare the kids into giving a test. a piece of paper with names on it of people they think do drugs is not enough to warrant a search of the contents of your body.

if they try and say they will suspend you then you can easily tell them no and they can try but they will lose.

they just brought this up a few months ago when some girl was strip searched over 2 pills with the strength of 2 advils a piece. then they overturned whatever bullshit they tried to give this student. and in the process they outlined the things they can and cant do.

they can search your locker, they can search your backpack, they can do a pat down frisk, but they cant make you remove clothing and they cant make you do a drug test.

if they want you to do a drug test then they have to call the police to have it done, who in turn will have to be given proof that they should suspect you for using said drugs. like if they catch you with drugs on you then they can make you, but then they wouldnt need to since you already have them.

but then the cops would need to arrest you and then get a court order for your piss.

other than that they cant get it from you. and urinating in a cup to pass a test is not a requirement to be educated. other than to play on their sports team.

if they try to give you shit about the test then tell them that you are not in any school sponsored activities that are extra curricular so they cant make you. and then have them look up supreme court cases Vernonia School District v. Acton (1995) & Board of Education v. Earls (2002) those state they can but only for sports like stuff.

and stick to your guns. you can get suspended, and you will just take some days off. get your work from your teachers and then do it all when you are off. easy as that. and you still stuck it to them. then go to court and reverse the suspension.

15. Gotta take a piss test for my P.O., I know I failed cuz I just smoked major weed bro.

There are hundreds of students in your high school, I wouldn't worry too much about them singling you out and testing you. If they do for some reason, the whole "I can't pee right now" or just getting clean piss and bring it in your backpack everyday will work. I always thought drug testing in public schools was an invasion of privacy. Interesting though nonetheleast, i'm sorry to hear about your situation.

16. and pissing in a cup is so degrading

everytime i do it, my piss gets everywhere, including my hands, and it sucks(i kno, gross, but i cant help it[​IMG])

anyway, this is retarded

17. contact your local ACLU chapter and inform them of whats going on. They would probably be the best source of advice on how to handle this situation.

18. I can only hope that its for extracurricular activities. I doubt anyones gonna argue with the school, though. Even if it is for the whole school.

Astro_righteous, thanks for the highly educated post. But somehow the school board will probably find a loophole in that somehow. People with authority have a tendency to that kinda shit.

And to bumtilldeath, I totally agree that its degrading. If I do have to take a drug test, its gonna be so hard to resist just throwing the piss right in the persons face and mouth. Mostly mouth.

19. Astro is correct, and at the same time you are correct in saying they will find a loophole. one of my friends smoked a bit before school, third period (out of 4) they call him down and say they know hes high, i doubt he still was at this point in the day proabbyl really burnt and they told him to take off all of his cloths and shit and put on gym shorts so they could search his shit. he refused, but in doing so he said so what if i was smoking this morning, you cant prove it. he took the principal (and the vice) to court. and they used that one little line against him saying he admitted to smoking before school.

haha im really high and that took forever to type. but in other words, dont give up your rights and dont say anything that you shouldnt.

20. Yeah. That sucks about your friend, man. You just gotta not say anything to incriminate yourself, even if it sounds completely safe. After reading Astros post, I feel alot better about this little situation :hello: considering I'm not in extracurricular activities. Why would it say it in the newspaper though that the whole school is doing it though?

Pretty much all my friends are still fucked, though. Who can I smoke with then? Smoking alone is fun and all, but smoking with a good friend is something that creates a great bond between people that cannot be broken. I don't wanna just smoke alone all year.

I got it. Smoking before school and then chatting with friends high in school? Ehh, a little better. Haha