random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. This thread has just got its intial touch of class....
    Hopefully it will set a trend for the rest of thread.

2. Ugh chrome is disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

now that's a quality post right there. :rolleyes:

4. #24 500sd, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. someone please photoshop this(my latest car)....
    [​IMG]

with these wheels please...??

[​IMG]

6. One of my homies just picked up a old jetta (one from fast and furious) clean as fuck has a vr6 and a garret turbo..around 400hp

I'm trying to promote my friends music in the Pittsburgh area so if you could please take a listen. He just released his first EP which is unbelievable. take a listen you wont it http://m.soundcloud.com/emersonjay

7. #27 casualman, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    I wouldn't mind getting an oldschool boxy rwd Japanese 4 door.
    [​IMG]
    Or
    [​IMG]

The Mighty Cressida!

[​IMG]

9. I would love a Cressida but I would have to do a manual conversion or a 1jz swap because drift car. But the price of jz engines is too damn high.

10. a kid came to my tire shop with an 88 Cressicda on a trailer with a bad hard knocking engine. i asked what he was gonna do with it and he started talking about this wrecked Corvette he found and mentioned LT1 swap. pure fucking insanity was my response. 

its all about the money behind the build. guy might get a deal on the LT1 and thinks its his better option, before seeing the cost of the swap in its entirety. this is how i justify not buying the 454 i had my eyes on, and settling with a ~130hp four cylinder when the engines are going for similar costs.

hope that made sense.

12. My neighbor has an 82 mx62 Cressida sitting in his paddock and I think I could get it for under $600 with another transmission because the one is broken. But I have some prioritys when it comes to my next project. It could be the one after the next. It has a 5m so I would probably try get a 7mgte and swap.it in or maybe go all out and 2jz,ls1 or 1uzfe.

Argh so many future projects planned and still not enough cash to start the first.

13. my lady has an 04 civic that needs new front lower control arm bushings.....trying to decide between replacing the bushings without a press or just buying new arms lol.

14. stance.

15. driving a company truck again - i had almost forgotten what it a v8 "feels" like.

dodge 2500 5.7L. i wouldn't buy one but it's one of the most comfortable trucks to drive i've driven.

16. i have similar feelings when i go from driving my '91 Prelude to driving my '97 Oldsmobile 88. sure the prelude is rally zippy and quick in city traffic/curvy roads, but get it on the interstate at 70 at 3500rpm, and 18 wheeler winds become a bother. but my Oldsmobile doesnt even question 100 mph. and no matter the wind, it shall not be moved. its just so much more car. its so quiet, 70 mph = 2000rpm. 

17. anyone ever use Seafoam in their engine? i was going to get a can and fill up my tank after work.

18. Yeah

Seafoam works good..used it on my old celica not sure I noticed a difference but the peace of mind was enough for me just make sure you point back of car away from neighbors haha she will smoke like a bitch depending on how much carbon build up you have..

Not sure about piston engines but in rotarys we do "water injection" take a vacuum hose off of throttle body and put in a gallon of water while engines running and let it drink that shit up while holding throttle open as it will want to stall...apparently it "steam cleans" the carbon off of the rotors..it worked for me ..but like I said not sure about piston engines.. same concept I assume tho

19. I use SeaFoam in my gas tank about every4th fill up. It says you can run it in your crankcase, but I just keep my oil changed, not too hip on putting shit in the oil...

20. only thing i put in my oil is one quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer in lieu of one quart of regular oil.