random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. depends what porsche models are owned, i think. the older 911 variants are still climbing in value at rates that makes the e30m3 value explosion seem like nothing. the dude i sold my '87iS to had spent the last 7-8 years racing porsches, the last one he sold for $30k to a friend, his friend sold it a few months later for $40k, and the current owner offered it back to him for $45k. thats why he's taken a step back into spece30 racing.

2. #2402 Lucky Luke, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Lambo super trofeo strada how it was meant to be driven. [​IMG]

3. Well I sold my FC. And bought my buddies s13. It's a fucking piece of garb.
    Bummed I sold my FC but ran out of money. Rather have somthing I can beat on and not care. For now atleast. I

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  4. more pics and details bro! what engine? is it original?? is it riced out? haha the suspense is killin me!

5. It's a riced out 89 coupe. With a ka24de swap.
    The Silvia wheel is the only non embarrassing thing about it lol.
    I'll take some pics later.
    I'm about to try to fix the timing. It misfiring and backfiring and idling alil rough.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I just painted the front bumper bonnet and guards .then painted the rims gold what do you think[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My sedan

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bought a truck for work. '95 gmc sierra 1500 5.7L.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dsm1.jpg Heres my beast...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tell us about her and is that a turbo exhaust hole in the fender.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Its nothing to special, Its a GS-T, so its only a front wheel drive turbo. The hole in the fender is for the turbo inlet, There is a injen air intake that sits right on the other side of that hole and that leads straight to the turbo. She was pushing 330 hp @ 20psi on the first engine, but she crank walked on me (you could tell the previous owners beat the piss out of it). So now she has a freshly rebuilt engine with 3,000 miles on it w/ minor upgrades to support more boost. But she is currently not tuned and only sitting at 16psi until I can get her tuned/dynoed. Heres my tiny little list of upgrades:
    Bolt Ons:
    20G MHI Turbo
    Slowboy Front Mount
    Ebay Headers to support the 20G turbo
    3inch exhaust all the way back with an apexi downpipe and apexi n1 fart can :)

Engine: (pretty much was stock rebuild)
    ARP Head Studs (the main upgrade, before 20psi wax max boost, now 30-32psi should be. But honestly probably wont ever push that much do to wheel spin)
    Upgraded Felpro head gasket.
    Balance Shafts have been deleted with race shafts inserted (supports oil pump better than stubby shafts)
    02 sensor relocated to the downpipe for future use :)

Thats really about it I think... I still have alot of work to do to her... next on the list after a tune is fuel, I want to add bigger injectors, an fpr and confirm that the fuel pump is a wally 255 (I was told it was upon purchase but never pulled it to verify) Then either retune or switch to e85 then retune... And that will mostly be it on the actual engine thats currently in it. I do have another engine in the garage that I would like to build a 2.3 stroker out of and start upgrading pistons and what not but thats a ways away... She has some pretty ricey things on her right now that I want to get rid of and restore her close to a stock looking, besides the lowering and rims.
    Thanks for looking at my turd! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rented a jeep renegade for a week while on the east coast. While a decent car, I'm glad to be back home and in my wrangler.
    Going to take her offroading on the way to work tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jeeps are beast as shit! My family had 2 Jeep grand cherokees (old box style and a 2004). The 2004 was a beast with the v8 in it, pulled out my brothers yukon in a field in 6-8 inches a snow :) My mom has one of those Toyota FMJ Cruisers.. seems like a tank but its just her normal car, wouldnt mind seeing what it could do off road sometime :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah my jeep fascination started with my uncle's grand Cherokee, it was a 98.
    I got my own 1998 grand Cherokee overland 4x4 too, that was about a decade ago. Did the compact car thing for a while since I was broke as shit.
    Toyota's are really fun too, it was either Toyota or jeep for me when I was looking for an off-road car.

The wrangler is pretty much a toy car for adults.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What do you guys think of my ride, it's super rare 2000 Honda Insight in Citrus Yellow, gets 70MPG, made of aluminum with a curb weight of 1800 lbs. Only drawbacks are power and it being a 2 seater. But it's the first Hybrid car in the US market and this model is a 5 speed manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nice! Kinda reminds me of the old EG models from the front ant back! Cant go wrong with a Honda tho! I wonder if you could turbo it? :D Looks like you take great care of it too!

17. Not sure if I mentioned I got rid of my rx7. And been ricing around in this piece of shit.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. This is cool! Did you make this yourself?

19. i'm still waiting on an artist friend who's makes quality stickers.