random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Bunch of guys drive dodges too. They are in the shop a lot. Like a lot.

2. Tundra is a solid truck, I know a few people with them.

Before I got my jeep, I was test driving tundra and Tacoma.

I'll own a tundra one day, 4x4 of course.

I was planning on lifting my jeep and wheels tires this week but my GFs car is done for and her dog needs surgery (acl) so I'm pitching in for that instead.

Also thinking about a ripps supercharger for the jeep....

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is funny it is a actual part number.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4. So I got lucky I am going to replace the clutch line on my Mustang this week and there is a clip at each end that are easy to lose. Well to get the replacement from Ford you have to buy an assembly that runs like $20 bucks and I found just the clip at a aftermarket place but the want $16 for it. I was just getting ready to order one to have on hand just in case. Well in my search I happened to stumble on one from a VW that is the same clip but only $5. Lol I should order a box of them and put them up for sale on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking for either positive confirmation bias or looking to start a debate. In other words agree or disagree with the following assertion that for 100k there is no better car than the r35 gtr pertaining to top speed, acceleration and handling. And for only 73k more at switzer they can add a whopping 500 horses on top in the r1k package.
    So for around 200k you got a car that is 4 wheel drive 1080hp, 0-60 in 2.3. 0-100 in 6.6 secs. Beat that.
    No German, Italian or American cars can compete with that. Not for that price range anyways.
    Just stock r35 beats most cars that cost way more, r8 which is around 248k only beats the gtr in top speed, not in acceleration or handling. Never mind the overrated ferraris and lambo that cost +300k that cant do shit.

6. fuel pump went out on my iX, so i ordered a walbro 255 and i'm investigating the condition of the fuel tank today. if its not the filler neck that is causing a leak (high probability, only smell fuel after i put gas in) i'm going to run fuel lines into the trunk and install a fuel cell.

luckily i've got today and the next two days off of work while the exterior walls of the house i'm renovating are insulated, which makes five days to wrench on the ol' wench so i can start driving it again. one of the last drives i took it on was through the last big snowstorm, was such a blast driving on unplowed roads with 6"-8" of snow, able to go twice as fast as everyone else dared/perfectly slide all the good turns on the roads local to me.

i'm still falling in love with that iX. i will regret not being able to drive it sooner this past winter, at least until next winter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey all, I found a killer deal on a 90 crx si. Anyone got any insight on them?

8. terrible in collisions - if you live in a highly populated area, i wouldn't drive/ride in one.

also, depending on which engine/transmission it has, they are economical.

9. I took it for a test drive. It was pretty not great. I could imagine an integra b swap would help it out, but I passed on it anyways.

10. https://targa.com.au/tc/

Buy a Viper or a Porsche (Ferrari or Lambo if ur an investor car nut) Nobody really cares about Datsuns man..except for the 1600 and 260Z ,They were pretty cool.

11. Been doing some data logging on my car for my tuner have a slight knock at wot. So I picked 10 gallons of 100 octane race fuel to see if it is a false knock or bad gas. Not cheap shit.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. i used to use it in my track bikes. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saw this yesterday after data logging.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

14. Love how you say no one car about Datsun..then go on to list one that aren't even that popular.
    240z and 510 would have made a bIt more sense with you statement.
    Which btw is not true Datsuns have a bigger following than vipers and Porsche.. people who buy those aren't into cars they are into the idea of a cool car..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #2395 Lucky Luke, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    You can think what you like.

I think the 1600 (which i thought- and i could be wrong here, is also known as a 510 depending on which continent you live on and Wiki supports this Datsun 510 - Wikipedia) is an awesome car and won lots of rallies and the 260 Z makes for a better engine transfer due to the extra torsional rigidity over the 240 (there is a nice big block one near me).I think they are rarer to?
    Id like to wack in a twin turbo LS in one for hill climbs but already have the next 3 projects lined up.

Both are worth good dollars today for those that like em. Styles of cars are for different tastes, and thats fine. I grew up around cars all my life (literally) I grew up in the back of a car yard and my Dad raced. I worked in the motor trade for decades and managed a car yard and a Motor bike dealership. My off time was spend doing track days on track bikes. My view on cars and bikes will be different from yours and thats OK.

People who drive competitively (Race- like car people do) on REAL roads drive Vipers and porches because they are a total package. Just Look at the Targa Tasmania results 2017. Interestingly enough White who won again this year won it in a Lambo for a few years to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's like saying guys that are into BMW'S just want a cool car. Myself if I could would so rock a GT3 or 918 and those are true performance cars. My buddy in a head mechanic at a high end dealership and gave me a ride in a 700hp GT3 it was pure sex.

17. I was being general.
    Obviously there are exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Yeah I understand like I know this guy that has a Ferrari but it basically only goes to car shows.

I don't know personally I am mostly into American but I like a lot of the beer burners out there but that is mostly cause I spent 6 years living in Germany. I do respect a few Asian imports out there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #2399 Lucky Luke, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    such beautiful cars the Ferrari..they just break if u drive them..lol
    I much prefer the look of a Ferrari over a Porsche but the Porsche can handle abuse. Mind you if i could afford either in a decent model id be happy!

This GT3 will be going cheap.. Crashed out this year. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...e/news-story/ca8914eb92d40b21c5dd14a79b8bdaf5 Turn 250k into not much.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1