random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Im with you on the flares, thats exactljy i thoght when i saw them. I really like the wrap though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. what can i say, great minds think alike haha.

you hitting any of the euro car shows in new england this year? debating wolfsgart, but it would be a rush to get the oilpan in, and judging from my luck this year, if i actually drive one of my e30s out of state, timing belt or something equally important will let go.

3. my gfs moving in this weekend so no bimmerfest, and i need a new driveshaft before racing/going to event. i get a vib at 73 that ive dfetermined to be due to the resonant freq of the shaft. I need a two piece aluminum 3 in shaft, way lower crit speed and less dependent on angle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why is my car loosing radiator fluid and there's no visible leak

5. Could have a crack or break in a hose. Gasket may have failed around the water pump. May have pinholes from corrosion.
    Do you see any wet spots on your engine?

• Like Like x 1
  6. No. It's a 2002 Honda Civic and I think it's a blow head gasket

7. Do you burn any oil? You're probably burning off the coolant if your head gasket is gonzo

8. Could be a leaky heater core. Look carefully at your window while you have the heater on full blast, on defrost. If you see some condensation and/or smell that kind of sweet smell then there's a good chance you just need to replace the heater core.

If you head gasket is leaking, it should show up in your oil, right? If you see creamy colored material on your dipstick then you're getting coolant in your oil.

9. Head gasket can blow one of about four ways only one of which puts water in the oil
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yup id say this is a pretty clear headgasket issue, unless hes leaving out the fact that whenever he parks somewhere theres about a qt of coolant on the ground. My cousin likes civics (well as a reliable dd that is) and i ve changed a few engines in them and done more headgaskets. Ive seen more than one that burnt a whole lotta coolant through the HG. Also seen a bad overflow cap that allowed the overflowed coolant to evap off but this was a more subtle loss. rent from autozone the tester that detects exhaust gas in your coolant.

11. Squeaky 09 Camry, I thought I needed a new serpentine belt, took it in turns out it's a bad bearing in the alternator. Getting a new one of those and a shiny new serpentine belt. Good times.

12. I was thinking about it todaay and this could be recreated with white plastidip and then throw paint at it. would look pretty sweet, cant say im not tempted.

• Like Like x 1
  13. i would've said that wrapping my iS would be a decent option, but its currently up for sale so i can focus on the iX. had a decent offer from a guy in mass, he's gonna come up to check it out next week - all the questions i've answered, and judging from his responses, there's a good chance she'll be off to a new home. and i'll be turning a profit on this one - how often does that happen?

14. not often enough. wrapping can be kinda pricey which is a bummer

• Like Like x 2
  15. Any honda tuners on here... i have a 91 crx with a b18 swap already done.... i think the engine is built up already.... whats the easiest way to tell for sure ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. i've never priced it out.

i'll miss this car, but i really want to get the iX into the shop:
    [​IMG]

17. Easiest way, ask the person you bought it from. Other way, check the serial #s, pull the head. Maybe drop the oil pan too

• Like Like x 1
  18. Guy i bought it from didn't know anything... i told him it was not the original engine lol.. its a b18a1 its the lowest horse power of the b18 engines... out of a integra .... seems to me it has been turboed at somepoint there is a inlet and oil outlet for a turbo ...car is fast it will chirp the tires going into 3rd gear ...just makes me think its been built cuz 140 hp, the stock hp for the engine even if the car is 1900 lbs should not be this fast...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. you'd be surprised, especially depending on gear ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  20. My buddy had a 96 integra with the non vtec could chirp the tires in 3rd too. No engine work done, but he had a full skunk2 suite of parts on it. So your car probably a few 100 lbs less.

• Like Like x 1