Random acts of kindness

Discussion in 'General' started by briangumble, May 13, 2009.

1. Earlier today I was at Starbucks in the drive thru and when I got to the window to pay the cashier told me that the lady in front of me paid for my order. She said she usually pays for the orders of the car behind her or everyone that's in the drive thru. It really made me happy and made my day knowing someone would do that. When I get a job I'm gonna start doing things like that to help keep the karma going around, it really inspired me. Anyways I thought it was an interesting story to share.

2. Good idea. I think as a act of goodwill I'd like to host a 3-6 Mafia Sing-a-long and dance party??

[​IMG]

3. Thats pretty cool man, its nice to know that theres some nice people in the world still. Most people just out for themselves, not givin a fuck whats happening to others around them.

4. hella true dude

I've seen bad things happen while good people did nothing

5. #5 pmb6967, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    I went to B-dubs today, I went back to make my order to go(because I gotta have some munchies for tomorrow). And my ex best friends brother works there told be to sit down because he was gonna cover the cost without even seeing the total. I haven't seen him in over a year, and his brother turned into a heroin addict, and out of his generosity payed for 15 wings for me. I guess its karma coming back to me for excellent tipping and generally being nice to everyone.

I need to return this random act of kindness to some random person, Im sure it will make their day just as it did mine.

Random acts of kindness for the win!

Edit: Wait a sec, briangumble if you would allow me and if the mods/ SJ allows i would like to pay for you to become a payed member. I was gonna throw GC another $10 to become a gold member but now would like to contribute $15 so you can join payed members section.

6. #6 Indica Kid, May 13, 2009
    It's called "pay it forward" it was an idea that started from the move... "Pay it Forward"

It's about a little kid who get's an assignment to change the world. He decides that he as one person cant change the world, but if he could get others to change the world then it would be possible. So he comes up with a plan called "pay it forward" where he does a nice act for a person, then tells them to do a nice act to two different people, rather than pay him back (hence, pay it forward, not back). In the end there was a news story on it and it was talking about all the random acts of kindness and how hundreds of thousands of people were paying for people's coffee and fast food orders etc etc. It was a little cheesy, but overall a very good movie.

7. Wow talk about good karma. I wish I had the income to be able to be kind to the people around me. I have given lots of people change when they were short :p

8. I work at a fast food restaurant and sometimes I don't mark up the customer when they add extra items. I really just don't care. It just doesn't seem that big of a deal to me to charge someone $.99 for some sauteed onions when they're paying $7 for a buritto.

Also, I give out BOGO (Buy One Get One free) cards all the time.

9. ya foreal I am always overtaring customers orders to get even numbers and try to get everyone a decent deal, lots of free goodies too. It's easy being nice honestly.

10. It's the complainers I never hook up. Seriously, the prices at my restaurant are extremely cheap, quit asking for hook ups, if you're nice and polite I usually do.

11. ya really, if you ask before I offer it is impolite

12. #12 MopTop, May 13, 2009
    Your cashier was cool too. He could have just pocketed it. One time a customer was short a dollar and i pulled one out of my pocket. He came back later and gave me a 5:) I also gave away alot of free stuff at the snackbar. Idk if its good or bad karma, cuz im stealing from my employer. ohwell

13. Hey briangumble, I just donated(receive the ok from SJ). You and I should both change colors soon enough.

14. nicely done ;)

15. I try and be really considerate when out in public. I will hold doors open, let people in a hurry go ahead of me, I smile at everybody, just generally try and look positive and be kind. It's good for the karma. Also, feels good man.

16. #16 JuicyGoose, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    I, once, hugged this random girl I didn't even know because she was all alone in this bathroom crying at this party i was at. She looked pretty upset and lonely. She smiled and seemed like the hug really made her feel better. I felt like a million bucks knowing even though it was probably a little weird she appreciated the gesture.

I'll do anything to put a smile on someone's face. Everyone deserves it.

Edit; I'm also always willing to share cigs and weed when i posses it.

17. thats pretty sweet

since i've been having a hard time i've had a few ppl help me out here and there with lil things. when i get into some money i need to pay it back (or forward, w/e)

18. I saw a girl drop her iPod in a busy hallway and chased her down to give it back. :D

19. I put 10 pennys in my right pocket at the start of each day.

Everytime I do a good deed, make someone feel better, or commit a random act of kindness, I put one penny into my left pocket.

Each day I try and get all ten pennies into my left pocket, and I always feel good when I do it.

Try it sometime. You'd be surprised how far a little act of kindness can get ya.:hello:

20. #20 JuicyGoose, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    That's an awesome idea, I'm totally trying it, but I'm tweaking it a bit. I'm doing it with quarters and whatever dollars i haven't transferred will be going into like a fund then at like the end of six months whatever is in that fund will go to some weed, then that weed will be entirely used to smoke all of my friends up! Obviously, if i have done my job right I won't have that much, but I'll still buy the weed and smoke people up. Everybody wins, right? :)