Rand Paul already being deemed a racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MountyBounty, May 20, 2010.

1. #101 Judgement, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    I'm sorry you can't understand the fact that my post had nothing to do with the core conversation like I insinuated.

2. I forgive you.

3. It's extra absurd because Rand Paul is essentially repeating MLK's criticisms from the era.

Up until the passing of the Civil Rights Act (which was really a stunning event that came about very suddenly because of Kennedy's assassination and television images) MLK was firmly of the belief that the best way to go about addressing racism was by removing laws currently in place.

His argument (which is correct) is that the primary racist institution in American history has been the Federal and State governments, and that it is only through the coercive power of these governments that many racist laws were able to stay in place.

Rand Paul is called a racist because HE IS AGREEING WITH EXACTLY WHAT MLK SAID.

Just stunning.

Also, remember it was a group of Democratic Senators that opposed the Civil Rights Act of '64. Lead by Robert Byrd. Who famously lead the final filibuster, talking for over 14 hours before the Senate finally rallied the 67 votes needed to break the filibuster.

This man is still a democratic senator to this day.

He was also a member of the KKK.

Democrats like to scream "ZOMG Republicans KKK!" but it is actually the democrats who still have a senator in office who filibustered the CRA'64 and who was a member of the KKK.

And that, boys and girls, is your history lesson for the day.

4. I smell a spin-off thread.....

5. I won't make it. You can if you want.

I have spent more hours on this one issue... ugh... that the most senior Democrat in the Senate was a KKK member who filibustered the CRA'64... trying to explain it to clueless libtards who are simply incapable of understanding anything that isn't NEA approved democratic party supported public school talking points...

"But... Republicans are racist... You mean he was a Republican?"

"No, the democrats are the ones who elect black hating KKK members."

"But... we love diversity... diversity is what makes us strong... you must be making this up..."

"No, his name is Robert Byrd."

"Yeah I've heard of him, I think he's a Republican. Listen, George Bush, he hates black people, okay? We have money for war but not the poor. That's so racist. George Bush is racist."

"We weren't talking about Bush."

"Yeah but I just think he is, like, totally racist. Just like all the Republicans are. YAY OBAMA!"

It goes on forever, because they have been programmed like cult members.

6. Good, I was starting to feel bad.

7. Discrimination also leads to better quality and service. If I buy cheap or inferior parts for my time machine, then the end result will be a time machine of poor quality. If I don't hire the best person for the job, then the service provided will be poor. If I don't want someone in my house or place of business, then I have the right to enforce this and only allow people I want into my house.

This is not a show of support for Paul, I am a republican at heart, but try to remain independent. I will vote for the person I think is fit to hold the office and do the job.

8. #108 aH1GH3Rpower, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    That must be why he wants to audit the federal reserve.

9. Discriminating Between Discriminations - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine