Rand Paul already being deemed a racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MountyBounty, May 20, 2010.

1. This.

2. This. I'm so sick of hearing about racist scenario's and agendas it's starting to become a non-issue to me.

3. For real though, fuck Rand Paul.

4. #64 aH1GH3Rpower, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

Rand Paul wants to help restore YOUR FREEDOM.

5. Maddow's talking about Rand Paul right now.

6. I dont care what he wants to do, I dont like him and I dont agree with most of what he says.

7. The Civil Right's Act made it illegal for a business to discriminate based on sex or race.

He either agrees with it or he doesn't...

8. He needs to work on his clarity.

Somehow I doubt his father would allow for such a gross misconception as this, which is what makes me question his abilities.

9. So Maddow spent half of her entire, full-hour show, talking about Rand Paul, with numerous appeals to emotion, etc. The media today is so sad :(

Anyways, I agree with you h20420, I don't think Rand is nearly as equipped as his father, for politics.

10. He said he agreed with everything in it, except for the part where it mandated private businesses to... yea you get it. Watch the video again if you don't know his stance.

:wave:

11. #71 aH1GH3Rpower, May 21, 2010

And thanks to people like Rand Paul you have the freedom to express that... :smoke:

Come on guys hes still kinda new to this stuff, and it sure wasn't long after getting elected to the senate that he stepped on the media land mine. Hes still learning his way around the mine field! hopefully...

12. You're over-simplifying it. You can be in support of the legislation without being in support of the federal government's right to enforce such laws. What he is saying is that he is in favor of the states' right to enforce the legislation or at least part of it.

13. #73 ADogNamedJack, May 21, 2010
    I say we give dem colord people them own lunch counters. I dont want none of them negro germs near me. My freedom of talkin allows me to get them damn afrecans out my restarnt

14. It's one of two things: it was a calculated event for him to not in anyway explicitly mention that he is in favor of businesses being allowed to discriminate, or he legitimately was really bad in that interview. To me, neither of those are very appealing, though I agree with him (and a lot of libertarians, gasp) on many issues.

No, actually he's saying jack shit and that's the problem. Seriously, if he had said "it should be up to the individual states" or anything...

15. I can't smoke in a bar, outside a bar, near a bar, pretty much anywhere but at home. I have to wear a seatbelt. I can't even drive home from the bar. So many things I can't do.

But yeah lets let people discriminate, why not... let's help racists, I can wait my turn.

This is a dumb stand for him to make. It's not realistic to expect anything to be made of this that doesn't imply he supports discrimination. If it's not allowed in our world, and if in a world where your ideas are law, it is allowed, you support it (like it or not) because you're opening doors for it.

For his sake I hope this blows over quick.

16. #76 aH1GH3Rpower, May 21, 2010
    I honestly believe that this issue was forced onto him to take the conversation away from why he got into politics in the first place. If you go to his site the first things on it are about taxes, the federal reserve, and mostly economic things in general. Theyve successfully turned him into a big disscussion of race (go figure) forcing him to defend himself from the onslaught instead of bringing awareness to our corrupt broken financial system.

For the poster above me i feel like the things youve mentioned is probably some of the driving forces as to why he is taking a stand for the individual because thats what he believes in, he just failed in articulating it in that sense and instead fell for the race bait.

17. He doesn't want the government telling private business what to do, so he'd be oppose smoking bans and legal paternalism.

And he doesn't want to repeal the civil rights act, only the media is suggesting that.

18. This issue is BS all around. I mean if u really want to get down to it, these kind of "racist" establishments already exist. I have been to bars in the south that require "membership" in order to get in. The only reason u need that "membership" is so that they can legally refuse u at the door if they dont "like" u. :D I thought it was pretty fucked when I found out about it. But it is common in the south. The bars I saw practicing this where in W. Virginia.

I cant believe they are making such a big deal over this topic.

19. For all of you who are supporting Rand on this, you should probably know that he has completely walked back these statements and said he supports the entirety of the civil rights act, including the part that forces private business owners to end discrimination practices.

I can see why all the libertarians on this site would support what he originally said, but now that he has pussed out and reversed his position, do you guys still support him?

20. I don't know where you were at in WV, but I've been to bars like that before. Most of the time when I go to those bars they don't like outsiders because they sell moonshine. man do I miss those shots of 150 proof shots of Apple pie moonshine. So smooth that I could drink a glass of it.

For 20 dollars a mason jar it was some good ass liquor.