Rand Paul Aims to Kill "Indefinite Detention" in DoD bill!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Nov 29, 2011.

1. links... we need links. for all we know your making it up.

2. During a declared war.

You remember Congress writing a deceleration of war anytime since WWII?

3. this bill passed, :( time to start diggin a bunker

4. Nope. They made President Bush, and every president after him apparently, King.

:(

5. Has it been signed into law yet (has Obama had a chance to veto)?

6. they got the indefinite detention thingy tossed out...but the wording is still pretty ambiguous. they can't hold a citizen with out a trial, and they can't hold a citizen if you have been acquitted of the crime in question...but they can still revoke your citizenship if you are an "enemy combatant". and that is pretty much an ad hoc situation. they have been doing this already...this just reverse engineers the "legality"of it.

they are making revolution illegal...and i guess it always was. the legality of revolution must always be proven with steel and blood....sadly

7. Sen. Paul Statement on Defeat of Detainee Amendment Rand Paul | United States Senator

8. they're going to keep pushing until people have no choice...

9. Ok, simply put, it's dead for now? I don't need to board up the windows yet right?

10. Spikoli summed it up pretty well.

11. They suspended HC even when there was no war. They suspended HC during reconstruction. And they suspended it in November of 2001 after the 9/11 attacks.

12. So dozens of democrats and Obama oppose this evil bill and the only one to get credit for fighting it is Rand Paul???

Total bullshit but I guess that's only way to get right-wingers to rally against the bill. :confused_2:

13. you could be on to something here. if the headlines read "liberal oppose this bill" most of the kneejerk republicans would be for it with out actually reading the damned thing...i think most of american politics depends on this actually

14. How does this shit not make the news.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!

15. This bill is probably just a joke. Yea they passed it, but know how can you tell what Congress is doing. Is this a bill to target "terrorists" or a bill to get senators to vote that way it can be used against them in future elections.
    Either way, how do you defend yourself when your running for re-election and you voted against the Constitution.

16. Yeah people really need to wake up. Even without Bin Laden as a boogieman they're still trying to take away essential American rights. What's the endgame?

It seems like they're preparing to stop any revolution.

17. Bernie Sanders 4 life.