Ran Over Dog :(

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Blazed'n'Confuzed, Feb 4, 2014.

1. [quote name="Blazed'n'Confuzed" post="19465193" timestamp="1391545177"]Go back and do what? Who am I going to tell? If the owner, if it even had one, was careless enough to have, not just one, but three dogs out on the street, do you really think they care enough to stand around waiting for me to go back and apologize for ACCIDENTALLY RUNNING OVER A NEGLECTED DOG??[/quote]Dogs run away from home sometimes. It's an accident. They just get out. Justifying your actions by shifting blame. I already discussed all of this in my earlier post. And yes, you would tell the owner what happened instead of having them searching for fido who's never going to return home this time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm not trying to shift blame. I am fully responsible for running over a dog. I did everything to avoid hitting the two dogs that I saw. How was I supposed to know there was a third dog running about? The dog had no collar, like most dogs I see running around where I live, so tell me, how was I supposed to get a hold of an owner that might live miles away? I wish the whole thing could have been avoided, but it happened and I'm truly sorry for what I did.

Sometimes events like this happen and maybe it was for me to learn a valuable lesson. Maybe, if I hadn't hit that dog I would have hit a human. What I did has no excuse and I'm aware of that.

3. Go back and be a man, take the dog to be buried properly. Stop shifting blame onto others when you are the one that hurt the animal.

Be a man and take responsibility for your jaded, callous, and cowardly acts....

Accepting blame is the adult thing to do but some of us can't do that I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. [quote name="Blazed'n'Confuzed" post="19465252" timestamp="1391545774"]I'm not trying to shift blame. I am fully responsible for running over a dog. I did everything to avoid hitting the two dogs that I saw. How was I supposed to know there was a third dog running about? The dog had no collar, like most dogs I see running around where I live, so tell me, how was I supposed to get a hold of an owner that might live miles away? I wish the whole thing could have been avoided, but it happened and I'm truly sorry for what I did. Sometimes events like this happen and maybe it was for me to learn a valuable lesson. Maybe, if I hadn't hit that dog I would have hit a human. What I did has no excuse and I'm aware of that.[/quote]You were blaming the owners for being neglectful. That's shifting blame. And it happens man, nothing wrong with you hitting the dog. That's not the issue. Didn't think you did it on purpose. But you should have went back to check and see if it had an owner or it wasn't suffering slowly in the streets. Maybe that is your lesson to learn. That it's easy to think you accept responsibility for something but you don't accept responsibility until you take action.

• Like Like x 1
  5.  Fuck that stupid dog. a whole planet full of dogs that stay off the road.

The dogs owners parents needed spayed or neutered. 

6. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19465290" timestamp="1391546079"] Fuck that stupid dog. a whole planet full of dogs that stay off the road.The dogs owners parents needed spayed or neutered. [/quote]And a whole collection of people who accidentally had their dog run away too. That's no indication if the owners are shit heads.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I understand what you're saying. You're completely right and I just hope that I can somehow make up for this wrong someone in the future.
    Thanks for your words.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. [quote name="Blazed'n'Confuzed" post="19465318" timestamp="1391546338"]I understand what you're saying. You're completely right and I just hope that I can somehow make up for this wrong someone in the future. Thanks for your words.Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Seems like it's too late to go back and check for the dog? Next time, you'll know what to do now. Hopefully there doesn't have to be a next time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have taken responsibility, but you know, coming forth in an incident like this is a hard thing to do for many people, and I'm one of them. I may not have started it, but I won't deny the fact that I didn't the rest of the evening feeling sick to my stomach. I know what I did was wrong. I guess I tried to justify it in order to not feel like such a coward.

Like I started before, I hope I get the chance to do the right thing if an event like this occurs again.

10. It is too late.

Even if it seems worthless to write what I'm going to write next, I'll do it anyways.

From now own, I promise to take responsibility for my actions, no matter how difficult, when a situation arises.

That isn't a promise to anyone in this forum; it is a promise to myself.

keep your dog out of the street. there is cool shit called fencing. anyone who cares for their animals uses it.

12. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19465399" timestamp="1391547129"]keep your dog out of the street. there is cool shit called fencing. anyone who cares for their animals uses it.[/quote]Not all residences, especially rentals, allow you to put fencing up on the property. So people who rent don't care about their animal? Or people who live in gated communities that don't allow things like fences because of aesthetics? Sounds like you are grouping careless owners in with the others on this.

13. Ignorant.

• Like Like x 1
    Yes but you will grow out of it.

15. Not surprised at this retort. Glad I didnt waste any more time typing up a more coherent and legitimate response. Obviously a waste of time as youre not willing to consider that you might not be all-knowing.

Carry on.

• Like Like x 1
    So a $40 roll of dog fencing wire is smarter than you are.

You started with the name calling kiddo

17. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19461418" timestamp="1391483261"]The owners are stupid shits. I have a fence and keep my dogs in my yard, they are my responsibility.[/quote] accidents happen my dude, I have a husky and if wants out of my yard going over a 6 foot fence ain't gonna stop him. If I were op I would have at least gone to see if the dog was indeed dead, most dogs have collars wiith tags that have owners info on it. A simple phone call to the owners would've been nice. Also wondering after being so concerned with hitting the dogs, why after hitting one did he proceed not to give a single fuckSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19465515" timestamp="1391548473"]So a $40 roll of dog fencing wire is smarter than you are.You started with the name calling kiddo[/quote]Can't put fencing up everywhere..... And he said you were acting ignorant. Ignorance is lack of understanding. When someone is acting ignorant, they close out what other people have to say and rather listen to their own world view. Calling someone ignorant can be an insult, but in this case, no. Despite me trying to explain how dogs getting out doesn't have to reflect on negligence from an owner, you continued to ignore what I had to say and instead returned to your bashing of dog owners who you find irresponsible. That is in fact ignorance in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm not so ignorant to have 6 dogs ,20 chickens,5 ducks and 3 turkeys and manage to keep them in my fucking yard. Every one of them is an escape artist.

If a person is such a drooling retard they cant keep their animals safe then they should stick to plant life for pets.

20. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19465582" timestamp="1391549121"]I'm not so ignorant to have 6 dogs ,20 chickens,5 ducks and 3 turkeys and manage to keep them in my fucking yard. Every one of them is an escape artist.If a person is such a drooling retard they cant keep their animals safe then they should stick to plant life for pets.[/quote]Why such disrespect and arrogance? And not everyone can put up fences on their property. End of story. This is not a reflection on their intelligence or their responsibility. You're being incredibly judgmental about people who don't things like you do. Without taking into consideration they can't do what you do freely (fencing) That is why he said you're being ignorant here.